>> Off topic, but does DL support ext4? I use reiserfs without problems,
>> but it does seem to be end-of-life.
>
> Yes it does.
> It doesn't help reiserfs that its creator is in jail for killing his wife.
Seems like that would give him a lot of time to work on the filesystem. :-)
I'm used to be a big fan of XFS, but that seems to have it's own
issues in later kernels. My XFS partitions have slowed down
tremendously in the couple years. Especially with large files &
directories. VMware workstation/server, where the virtual disk is one
large file, is so slow it's unusable on a XFS partition.
Switching to EXT4 improved the speed of my workstation a LOT!!! i.e.
"make mrproper" and "make unpack" used to take forever on XFS, and it
takes almost no time on EXT4.
>> BTW, I love nano 2.2 in 1.4RC2 (sorry Bruce)
Your loss. :-)
With VIM I programmed the F2 key to delete the insserv lines, and F3
to force-write (read-only scripts) and move to the next file.
In the scripts directory, I did a "vim *", and alternated pressing F2
& F3 until I was done.
I could have done it all automatically, but I wanted to watch it
happen in case some of the scripts had any non-standard lines that
caused problems (none did).
- BS
|