|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2009-12-29 17:36:15
|
Hi, I compilled as usually, starting from clean system. There is no loop devices, so run from ram is not working and boot from USB device too. After boot from CD there is ofcourse no possibility to install-on-usb old image. Regards Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2009-12-29 17:59:23
|
Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: > Hi, > > I compilled as usually, starting from clean system. > > There is no loop devices, so run from ram is not working and boot from USB > device too. After boot from CD there is ofcourse no possibility to > install-on-usb old image. I updated the loop-aes package and some other tools, maybe it's related to that. I'll check if my last test compile boots. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org ---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2009-12-29 18:09:59
|
Quoting Heiko Zuerker <he...@zu...>: > Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: > >> Hi, >> >> I compilled as usually, starting from clean system. >> >> There is no loop devices, so run from ram is not working and boot from USB >> device too. After boot from CD there is ofcourse no possibility to >> install-on-usb old image. > > I updated the loop-aes package and some other tools, maybe it's > related to that. > I'll check if my last test compile boots. My version I compiled last night from the CVS sources started fine. Make sure you got all the latest packages and update from CVS. I just checked in a couple of other changes. Let me know if the 'buildorder' run is faster. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org ---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2009-12-30 16:27:14
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > Quoting Heiko Zuerker <he...@zu...>: >>I updated the loop-aes package and some other tools, maybe it's >>related to that. >>I'll check if my last test compile boots. > My version I compiled last night from the CVS sources started fine. > Make sure you got all the latest packages and update from CVS. I updated again. I changed according to your changes in my testing scripts and corrected "# Required-Start: ". I did two compilation: for router and for VoIP (with Asterisk but without grsec). In start phase I tried with old configuration and with configuration conversion. There is no difference and I have not loop devices, so I can do not do run from ram or from usb. Maybe I need special Config settings? For test on VM I need now another IDE disk with configuration on it, beacause now BusLogic is not supported in initrd as LSI Logic (only this two SCSII are supported in VMware Wks). > I just checked in a couple of other changes. Let me know if the > 'buildorder' run is faster. It seems, yes. Should be after Your changes. But exactly I don't know. I never meassured this phase time. Now I try make another compilation from clean state without any changes to config files, as I'm usually doing. Regards Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2009-12-30 17:09:16
|
> -----Original Message----- > From: Andrzej Odyniec [mailto:an...@ma...] > Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:27 AM > To: dev...@li... > Subject: Re: [Devil-linux-develop] DL compiled 28 dec kernel 2.6.31.9 > booting problem > > Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > Quoting Heiko Zuerker <he...@zu...>: > >>I updated the loop-aes package and some other tools, maybe it's > >>related to that. > >>I'll check if my last test compile boots. > > My version I compiled last night from the CVS sources started fine. > > Make sure you got all the latest packages and update from CVS. > > I updated again. I changed according to your changes in my testing > scripts and > corrected "# Required-Start: ". > > I did two compilation: for router and for VoIP (with Asterisk but > without grsec). > > In start phase I tried with old configuration and with configuration > conversion. > > There is no difference and I have not loop devices, so I can do not do > run > from ram or from usb. Maybe I need special Config settings? > > For test on VM I need now another IDE disk with configuration on it, > beacause > now BusLogic is not supported in initrd as LSI Logic (only this two > SCSII are > supported in VMware Wks). > > > I just checked in a couple of other changes. Let me know if the > > 'buildorder' run is faster. > > It seems, yes. Should be after Your changes. But exactly I don't know. > I never > meassured this phase time. > > Now I try make another compilation from clean state without any changes > to > config files, as I'm usually doing. Yes let's start with the 'default' config with no modifications. Heiko |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2009-12-30 18:34:16
|
I just had another thought, is the loop module loaded? Heiko > -----Original Message----- > From: Andrzej Odyniec [mailto:an...@ma...] > Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:27 AM > To: dev...@li... > Subject: Re: [Devil-linux-develop] DL compiled 28 dec kernel 2.6.31.9 > booting problem > > Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > Quoting Heiko Zuerker <he...@zu...>: > >>I updated the loop-aes package and some other tools, maybe it's > >>related to that. > >>I'll check if my last test compile boots. > > My version I compiled last night from the CVS sources started fine. > > Make sure you got all the latest packages and update from CVS. > > I updated again. I changed according to your changes in my testing > scripts and > corrected "# Required-Start: ". > > I did two compilation: for router and for VoIP (with Asterisk but > without grsec). > > In start phase I tried with old configuration and with configuration > conversion. > > There is no difference and I have not loop devices, so I can do not do > run > from ram or from usb. Maybe I need special Config settings? > > For test on VM I need now another IDE disk with configuration on it, > beacause > now BusLogic is not supported in initrd as LSI Logic (only this two > SCSII are > supported in VMware Wks). > > > I just checked in a couple of other changes. Let me know if the > > 'buildorder' run is faster. > > It seems, yes. Should be after Your changes. But exactly I don't know. > I never > meassured this phase time. > > Now I try make another compilation from clean state without any changes > to > config files, as I'm usually doing. > > Regards > > Andrzej Odyniec > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > ------- > This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Verizon Developer Community > Take advantage of Verizon's best-in-class app development support > A streamlined, 14 day to market process makes app distribution fast and > easy > Join now and get one step closer to millions of Verizon customers > http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-dev2dev > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2010-01-05 13:16:24
|
Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: > Heiko Zuerker ask: >> I just had another thought, is the loop module loaded? > > I tried again. I compilled without any my modification too. > There is no difference. > On real machine as on virtual one, there is no success. > loop module is loaded but there are no loop devices in /dev directory > Last compilation (from new clean environment) I did last night. > > So there are problems with loop module update? > > I will read docs in loop module src and compilation log yeah this is weird. Are you starting over with a fresh lfssystem and do a 'make mrproper' ? -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org ---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2010-01-05 14:28:34
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > Are you starting over with a fresh lfssystem and do a 'make mrproper' ? After problems next time I always start with fresh lfssystem. As You know, in lfsystem/root/.bash_history is prepared command: make mrproper unpack prepare makefile dist I'm so lazy, so after chrooting I'm always using up key four times and Return ;-) But I don't checked one suspicion. I'm always before update_src copying from side contents of lfssystem/build/src tree. Theoretically update_src should update out-of-date source files. But once it didn't. So now I run update_src with empty lfssystem/build/src tree and again run build process. Best regards Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2010-01-04 21:44:37
|
Heiko Zuerker ask: > I just had another thought, is the loop module loaded? I tried again. I compilled without any my modification too. There is no difference. On real machine as on virtual one, there is no success. loop module is loaded but there are no loop devices in /dev directory Last compilation (from new clean environment) I did last night. So there are problems with loop module update? I will read docs in loop module src and compilation log Regards -- Andrzej Odyniec |