|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@re...> - 2009-11-29 21:05:27
|
Have you committed all of your fixes, in case I want to start a compile? - BS > I think it's finally fixed. > The /etc/init.d/jail script changed the syslog-ng.conf and then reloaded the > config. This also explained why it only seemed to happen after upgrades and > not after normal reboots. > I took that section completely out, since all the relevant changes are > supposed to be done by upgrade-config anyway. > > I'll uploaded a new version if my nightly build finishes successfully. > > Heiko |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2009-11-29 21:13:05
|
> -----Original Message----- > From: Bruce Smith [mailto:bw...@re...] > Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:05 PM > To: dev...@li... > Subject: Re: [Devil-linux-develop] syslog-ng version > > Have you committed all of your fixes, in case I want to start a > compile? I have a new compile running with a couple of software updates (including the 2.6.31.6 kernel), but that'll run for a couple more hours before I know if it even works. I may not check that in until tomorrow. So I'd say go ahead. Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@re...> - 2009-11-29 21:22:46
|
I'll wait awhile and start it just before bedtime. Please check in tonight if everything works. - BS On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 16:12, Heiko Zuerker <he...@zu...> wrote: >> -----Original Message----- >> From: Bruce Smith [mailto:bw...@re...] >> Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:05 PM >> To: dev...@li... >> Subject: Re: [Devil-linux-develop] syslog-ng version >> >> Have you committed all of your fixes, in case I want to start a >> compile? > > I have a new compile running with a couple of software updates (including > the 2.6.31.6 kernel), but that'll run for a couple more hours before I know > if it even works. I may not check that in until tomorrow. > So I'd say go ahead. > > Heiko |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2009-11-29 21:23:09
|
> -----Original Message----- > From: Heiko Zuerker [mailto:he...@zu...] > Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:13 PM > To: dev...@li... > Subject: Re: [Devil-linux-develop] syslog-ng version > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: Bruce Smith [mailto:bw...@re...] > > Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:05 PM > > To: dev...@li... > > Subject: Re: [Devil-linux-develop] syslog-ng version > > > > Have you committed all of your fixes, in case I want to start a > > compile? > > I have a new compile running with a couple of software updates > (including > the 2.6.31.6 kernel), but that'll run for a couple more hours before I > know > if it even works. I may not check that in until tomorrow. > So I'd say go ahead. I just realized that spamassassin is broken in CVS. I have to wait for my current build to finish, before I can fix it. Heiko |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2009-11-30 00:44:10
|
> -----Original Message----- > From: Heiko Zuerker [mailto:he...@zu...] > Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:23 PM > To: dev...@li... > Subject: Re: [Devil-linux-develop] compiling new version > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: Heiko Zuerker [mailto:he...@zu...] > > Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:13 PM > > To: dev...@li... > > Subject: Re: [Devil-linux-develop] syslog-ng version > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > > From: Bruce Smith [mailto:bw...@re...] > > > Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:05 PM > > > To: dev...@li... > > > Subject: Re: [Devil-linux-develop] syslog-ng version > > > > > > Have you committed all of your fixes, in case I want to start a > > > compile? > > > > I have a new compile running with a couple of software updates > > (including > > the 2.6.31.6 kernel), but that'll run for a couple more hours before > I > > know > > if it even works. I may not check that in until tomorrow. > > So I'd say go ahead. > > I just realized that spamassassin is broken in CVS. > I have to wait for my current build to finish, before I can fix it. The spamassassin problem should be fixed. I won't upload any of the other changes until tomorrow, since I need to do more testing. Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@re...> - 2009-11-22 17:33:52
|
> Whatever the underlying cause I guess it is connected with the reload > command. Do we have any instances of the crash happening after syslog-ng > restart rather than reload? Maybe at upgrade the script could just use > syslog-ng restart instead of reload? Would it have anything to do with the order services are started upon boot? Does something need to be started before syslog-ng? Just a thought... - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2009-11-22 18:11:38
|
> -----Original Message----- > From: Bruce Smith [mailto:bw...@re...] > Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2009 11:33 AM > To: dev...@li... > Subject: Re: [Devil-linux-develop] syslog-ng version > > > Whatever the underlying cause I guess it is connected with the reload > > command. Do we have any instances of the crash happening after > syslog-ng > > restart rather than reload? Maybe at upgrade the script could just > use > > syslog-ng restart instead of reload? > > Would it have anything to do with the order services are started upon > boot? > > Does something need to be started before syslog-ng? Just a thought... It only seems to happen after upgrades to a newer version, I don't think I had it die after a normal reboot (need to verify that). Heiko |