Quoting Bruce Smith <bw...@re...>:
>> I have just found out that in DL 1.4, the ping command (from inetutils)
>> is missing the -I option.... the ping from iputils (used in 1.2.x).
>>
>> '-I' permits to specify the source address or interface used for the
>> ICMP packets, so this was very useful for testing tunnels. Is there some
>> other way to do this?
>
> ping from iputils is setting there in the tmp directory, but is not
> the one being installed. It doesn't matter to me which ones we use,
> and I don't know why we switched to the inetutils version of ping.
> Heiko?
>
> FWIW, ping on Ubuntu 9.04 appears to be the one from iputils. At
> least the "--help" screen looks like the iputils version, not the
> inetutils version of ping.
I don't remember why we would have switched to the inetutils one.
Search the mailinglist archive, if there's nothing in there, I don't
care if we switch to the iputils one.
--
Regards
Heiko Zuerker
http://www.devil-linux.org
----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
|