|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2009-08-24 14:51:03
|
Hey, does anyone have the current cvs version (with kernel 2.6.30.4) running in a VM ? I see the extracting kernel message on the screen and then it freezes up. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org ---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2009-08-24 21:03:19
|
I turned off grsecurity and the kernel boots fine now. Serge, were you able to boot yours? Heiko Quoting Heiko Zuerker <he...@zu...>: > Hey, > > does anyone have the current cvs version (with kernel 2.6.30.4) > running in a VM ? > I see the extracting kernel message on the screen and then it freezes up. > > -- > > Regards > Heiko Zuerker > http://www.devil-linux.org > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------- > This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ > Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day > trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on > what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with > Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org ---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2009-08-25 02:56:29
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > I turned off grsecurity and the kernel boots fine now. > Serge, were you able to boot yours? > > Heiko Yes, but it's not a VM, but a real harware - VIA C3 based PC. Let me compile it once again and verify because my kernel now is 2.6.30.5. Serge |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2009-08-26 14:04:26
|
Quoting Heiko Zuerker <he...@zu...>: > Quoting Serge Leschinsky <fi...@in...>: > >> Serge Leschinsky wrote: >>> Heiko Zuerker wrote: >>>> I turned off grsecurity and the kernel boots fine now. >>>> Serge, were you able to boot yours? >>>> >>>> Heiko >>> Yes, but it's not a VM, but a real harware - VIA C3 based PC. >>> Let me compile it once again and verify because my kernel now is 2.6.30.5. >>> >> Rebuilt, loaded. It seems to be OK. >> >> root@Devil:~ # uname -a >> Linux Devil 2.6.30.4-grsec #1 SMP Tue Aug 25 17:43:19 EST 2009 i686 >> i686 i386 >> GNU/Linux > > Thanks for trying it out. > I'll need to take a closer look a this issue on my side, this is > probably going to take a few days. > I did update some programs, I'll revert those changes and see if it'll > work afterwards. It may be the grsecurity version I used, my patch is a couple of days newer than the one on the FTP server. I'll keep you posted about the results. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org ---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2009-08-26 05:54:23
|
Serge Leschinsky wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote: >> I turned off grsecurity and the kernel boots fine now. >> Serge, were you able to boot yours? >> >> Heiko > Yes, but it's not a VM, but a real harware - VIA C3 based PC. > Let me compile it once again and verify because my kernel now is 2.6.30.5. > Rebuilt, loaded. It seems to be OK. root@Devil:~ # uname -a Linux Devil 2.6.30.4-grsec #1 SMP Tue Aug 25 17:43:19 EST 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux Serge |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2009-08-26 12:45:03
|
Quoting Serge Leschinsky <fi...@in...>: > Serge Leschinsky wrote: >> Heiko Zuerker wrote: >>> I turned off grsecurity and the kernel boots fine now. >>> Serge, were you able to boot yours? >>> >>> Heiko >> Yes, but it's not a VM, but a real harware - VIA C3 based PC. >> Let me compile it once again and verify because my kernel now is 2.6.30.5. >> > Rebuilt, loaded. It seems to be OK. > > root@Devil:~ # uname -a > Linux Devil 2.6.30.4-grsec #1 SMP Tue Aug 25 17:43:19 EST 2009 i686 i686 i386 > GNU/Linux Thanks for trying it out. I'll need to take a closer look a this issue on my side, this is probably going to take a few days. I did update some programs, I'll revert those changes and see if it'll work afterwards. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org ---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2009-08-26 18:30:29
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > It may be the grsecurity version I used, my patch is a couple of days > newer than the one on the FTP server. > I'll keep you posted about the results. > Maybe we can try out 2.6.30.5, what do you think? grsecurity patch is available since yesterday. Serge |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2009-08-26 19:02:33
|
Quoting Serge Leschinsky <fi...@in...>: > Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >> >> It may be the grsecurity version I used, my patch is a couple of days >> newer than the one on the FTP server. >> I'll keep you posted about the results. >> > > Maybe we can try out 2.6.30.5, what do you think? grsecurity patch > is available > since yesterday. Yes that's a good idea. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org ---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2009-08-27 13:25:48
|
Quoting Heiko Zuerker <he...@zu...>: > Quoting Serge Leschinsky <fi...@in...>: > >> Heiko Zuerker wrote: >> >>> >>> It may be the grsecurity version I used, my patch is a couple of days >>> newer than the one on the FTP server. >>> I'll keep you posted about the results. >>> >> >> Maybe we can try out 2.6.30.5, what do you think? grsecurity patch >> is available >> since yesterday. > > Yes that's a good idea. I tried with the old grsecurity patch and the system booted fine. I'm recompiling with 2.6.30.5, let's hope that one works. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org ---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. |