Hi,
maybe somebody will find this information helpful.
I have had problems using the Intel igb driver shipped with the kernel
used in DL 1.4RC1, as this driver does not support the GigaBit NICs used
in our firewall machine (DELL branded Intel PRO 1000VT Quad Port Gigabit
Network Card). The driver included in the kernel sources is igb
v1.2.45-k2, but support for our NICs has only been added in a later version.
To fix this problem, I have added some scripts to build the most recent
igb driver for DL (currently igb v1.3.19.3). I copied the driver archive
found on sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000) into the
src-extra directory and added the scripts I attached to this mail
(scripts/igb and scripts/configuration/igb.config). Now if
CONFIG_INTEL_IGB=y is added to .config (or selected from within
menuconfig), the module will be built and added to the DL image and more
recent Intel GB NICs can be used with DL.
Best regards,
Stefan
|