>>> I'm going to add 3 lines of code to linuxrc in order to load all modules if the
>>> marker was found.
>>>
>>> It seems to be harmless. Do you have any objections?
>>
>>> +if [ -f /tmp/PROBE_ALL_MODULES ] ; then
>>> + /probe_all_scsi_modules
>>> +fi
>>
>> I don't have any objections, but I'm curious how/where
>> /tmp/PROBE_ALL_MODULES gets created? There doesn't seem to be any
>> other reference to it in linuxrc.
> I create the marker during initrd modifying.
> I'm sorry, I had to explain the logic as a whole instead of requesting approval
> for a part.
> So, the idea is a quite straightforward: if DL is installing from DL (i.e. the
> system was booted up from cd and then install-on-usb/hdd was executed) I'm able
> to define what block device/fs modules have to be preloaded - and I modify
> initrd in order to keep only necessary modules there. Then I set the marker
> /tmp/PROBE_ALL_MODULES. So, since I'm not able to load only really necessary
> modules (udev behavior) I load all modules but remove unnecessary ones before.
>
> That's it.
>
> Please inform me If you don't like that addition. I'm not sure that it's a
> really brilliant idea and it must be included to our mainstream codebase.
The /tmp/ file won't exist on a normal CD boot, so it's not going to
make any difference for normal boots from CD.
So, I have no problem with the modification.
- BS
|