|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2008-05-14 15:56:56
|
Hi Guys, What do You use to collect Netflow on Devil-Linux, i.e. netflow from fprobe? I'm looking for method to logging netflow in Devil-linux and can't find. I'm used sometime netacct but now netacct-mysql is not logging flows, but only RRD. It is not sufficient. I found NNFC, but this package is not present on Devil-Linux. Maybe is need to append tool for collect netflow into log files to external analysis. Any suggestions? best Regards Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2008-05-14 17:11:05
|
Hi Andrzej, Andrzej Odyniec wrote: > Hi Guys, > > What do You use to collect Netflow on Devil-Linux, i.e. netflow from fprobe? I may share my experience. I use flow-tools for several years and I strongly recommend flow-capture from this package as a flow collector. > I'm looking for method to logging netflow in Devil-linux and can't find. I'm > used sometime netacct but now netacct-mysql is not logging flows, but only > RRD. It is not sufficient. > > I found NNFC, but this package is not present on Devil-Linux. Maybe is need to > append tool for collect netflow into log files to external analysis. Agree. What tool? :-) > Any suggestions? http://www.splintered.net/sw/flow-tools/ I think I can add this tool (anyway I have been going to do it for a long time!). -- Serge |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2008-05-15 13:07:32
|
Serge Leschinsky: > http://www.splintered.net/sw/flow-tools/ > I think I can add this tool (anyway I have been going to do it for a long time!). Thanks, Serge. So I will try this and will inform about my tries. Regards Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2008-05-15 13:52:18
|
Andrzej Odyniec wrote: > Serge Leschinsky: > >> http://www.splintered.net/sw/flow-tools/ >> I think I can add this tool (anyway I have been going to do it for a long time!). > > Thanks, Serge. So I will try this and will inform about my tries. Please, check the scripts I've attached. Source: http://flow-tools.googlecode.com/files/flow-tools-0.68.4.tar.bz2 Thank you in advance, -- Serge |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2008-05-27 15:41:13
|
Serge Leschinsky: >>Thanks, Serge. So I will try this and will inform about my tries. > Please, check the scripts I've attached. But... I have NOT any success. I started soome days ago. I found this script s on CVS distribution -- thanks. I did some number of compilations. But... even after compilation from completely clean system I can't obtain working system. I will compile again, but please, look what I see on SOL console when booting system: > VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly. > Freeing unused kernel memory: 428k freed > > ******************************************************************************** > * * > * Welcome to Devil-Linux * > * * > ******************************************************************************** > http://www.devil-linux.org/ > > Version 1.3.5-2008-05-27 > Kernel 2.6.25.4 > Mounting SHM FS on /shm > waiting until usb-storage driver has initialized all devices ... > Creating devices in /dev > > Searching for configuration media > Checking for "etc-mods.tar.bz2" on "/dev/sda" ... mount failed > Checking for "etc-mods.tar.bz2" on "/dev/sda1" ... success! > loading configuration > Searching for Devil-Linux CD-ROM > Search list: /dev/hdb > checking /dev/hdb Found on /dev/hdb > Mounting SHM FS on /cdrom/shm > Unmounting proc > Starting up final system... > aufs 20080519 And in this point all stops! I checked with initramfs and result is this same. As to now I changed some packages (shorewall). Now I will compile again, from clean system and with default .config too. Regards Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2008-05-29 18:04:52
|
Hi Andrzej, Andrzej Odyniec wrote: > Serge Leschinsky: >>> Thanks, Serge. So I will try this and will inform about my tries. >> Please, check the scripts I've attached. > > But... I have NOT any success. I started soome days ago. I found this script s > on CVS distribution -- thanks. I did some number of compilations. Hm.. As far as I understand your problem is not exactly with Netflow collector, but the system booting. > > But... even after compilation from completely clean system I can't obtain > working system. I will compile again, but please, look what I see on SOL > console when booting system: .... >> Version 1.3.5-2008-05-27 >> Kernel 2.6.25.4 I'm sorry but I haven't tested DL with 2.6.25.x kernels. >> Mounting SHM FS on /shm .... >> Starting up final system... >> aufs 20080519 > > And in this point all stops! > > I checked with initramfs and result is this same. initrd/ramfs works correctly but the problem is exactly in aufs. If I'll be able to make a fresh build I'll try to investigate the problem. -- Serge |