> I'm now running my server on the 1.3.5-2008-04-23 release. Seems to
> work.
Cool.
> 1) There's no message when booting about copying cd to ramfs. I
> don't think
> this is working anymore. How can I tell?
Do you mean "run from ram"?
I haven't tried that option since I added aufs. :-)
I didn't [knowingly] modify anything to do with run-from-ram, but
I'll check it out next week.
> 2) Why does the loading hotplug modules take so long? I'm
> talking a
> minute or so.
I haven't seen that. Anyone else?
> 3) aufs usage: if I 'delete' i.e. whiteout a file in the ro
> filesystem
> how can I restore it i.e. without copying it up?
Deleting it from /shm/etc-mods/ will restore it to original in /etc.
If you delete a file from /etc/ it appears to create a hidden (dot)
file that marks it as not showing up in /etc.
- BS
|