Hello,
Fred Frigerio wrote:
> How would one setup a gre tunnel in devil-linux? Just to be clear, I was
> able to get it working by hand. I am not asking how to set up the tunnel
> itself, but whether there is a formal configuration file (network?)
> where I can set them up. I poked around and it seems it would be in the
> /etc/sysconfig/nic but I am not sure what to do there.
>
> Any ideas? Has anyone done them?
Well, I have to admit that there is no an elegant solution or I don't know it.
Your request is moved me to review the network configuration in DL and I think
the time to discuss it has come. DL really has difficulties with ipv6, tunneling
(ip-ip. gre, static ipsec/psk etc), teql and other exotic interfaces
configuration we will probably wish to configure.
To be more constructive I'd like to suggests several possibilities:
- sync network initialization with the latest RH based systems
- change network initialization to Debian like style and sync it with the latest
Debian system
- add an alternative network initialization system and allow to switch between
them. I mean etcnet project http://etcnet.org/.
- other suggestions ?
Bruce, Heiko, may I ask you about your thoughts?
I'm sorry in advance, due to my current overloading I can't answer quickly :-(
--
Sincerely,
Serge Leschinsky
|