|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2007-10-22 13:37:25
|
Hey guys, I have trouble getting the latest 1.2-CVS booting with the glibc 2.3.6. Does anybody have time to do a test compile and confirm this issue? I want to make sure it's not related to my test VM (have nothing else available right now). Worst case we'll have to revert back to glibc 2.3.2. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2007-10-22 14:38:58
|
> I have trouble getting the latest 1.2-CVS booting with the glibc 2.3.6. How far does it get? What error messages are displayed? > Does anybody have time to do a test compile and confirm this issue? > > I want to make sure it's not related to my test VM (have nothing else > available right now). > > Worst case we'll have to revert back to glibc 2.3.2. I might be able to run a compile over night and try it tomorrow. (remembering to start it will be the hardest thing) - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2007-10-22 14:55:30
|
On Mon, October 22, 2007 08:43, Bruce Smith wrote: >> I have trouble getting the latest 1.2-CVS booting with the glibc 2.3.6. >> > > How far does it get? What error messages are displayed? It loads and initializes the Kernel. It shows the message "Freeing unused Kernel memory...." and then it stops. My guess it's right when it tries to execute the initrd. >> Does anybody have time to do a test compile and confirm this issue? >> >> >> I want to make sure it's not related to my test VM (have nothing else >> available right now). >> >> Worst case we'll have to revert back to glibc 2.3.2. >> > > I might be able to run a compile over night and try it tomorrow. > (remembering to start it will be the hardest thing) -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2007-10-22 14:57:53
|
> >> I have trouble getting the latest 1.2-CVS booting with the glibc 2.3.6. > >> > > > > How far does it get? What error messages are displayed? > > It loads and initializes the Kernel. > It shows the message "Freeing unused Kernel memory...." and then it stops. > My guess it's right when it tries to execute the initrd. > > >> Does anybody have time to do a test compile and confirm this issue? > >> > >> > >> I want to make sure it's not related to my test VM (have nothing else > >> available right now). > >> > >> Worst case we'll have to revert back to glibc 2.3.2. > > > > I might be able to run a compile over night and try it tomorrow. > > (remembering to start it will be the hardest thing) I can run a compile, and burn a real CD to try if needed. Feel free to remind me this evening to start the compile, and remind me tomorrow to try it! ;-) - BS |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2007-10-22 16:59:03
|
> > >> I have trouble getting the latest 1.2-CVS booting with the glibc 2.3.6. > > > How far does it get? What error messages are displayed? > > > > It loads and initializes the Kernel. > > It shows the message "Freeing unused Kernel memory...." and then it stops. > > My guess it's right when it tries to execute the initrd. Well, you got farther that I did. I started a compile over lunch (mrproper+new-lfs), and it aborted in the glibc build: Ideas? ... gcc gconv_cache.c -c -std=gnu99 -O2 -Wall -Winline -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -g -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -DGCONV_DIR='"/usr/lib/gconv"' -I../include -I. -I/data/build/tmp/glibc-build/iconv -I.. -I../libio -I../nptl -I/data/build/tmp/glibc-build -I../sysdeps/i386/elf -I../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/i686 -I.. /nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386 -I../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux -I../nptl/sysdeps/pthread -I../sysdeps/pthread -I../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv -I.. /nptl/sysdeps/unix -I../nptl/sysdeps/i386/i686 -I../nptl/sysdeps/i386 -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386 -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux -I../sysdeps/gnu -I../sysdeps/uni x/common -I../sysdeps/unix/mman -I../sysdeps/unix/inet -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/i386 -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv -I../sysdeps/unix/i386 -I../sysdeps/unix -I../sysdeps/posix -I../sysdeps/i386/i686/fpu -I../sysdeps/i386/i686 -I../sysdeps/i386/i486 -I../nptl/sysdeps/i386/i486 -I../sysdeps/i386/fpu -I../sysdeps/i386 -I../sysdeps/wordsize-32 -I../sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-96 -I../sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64 -I../sysdeps/ieee754/flt-32 -I../sysdeps/ieee754 -I../sysdeps/generic/elf -I../sysdeps/generic -D_LIBC_REENT RANT -D_LIBC_REENTRANT -include ../include/libc-symbols.h -DPIC -o /data/build/tmp/glibc-build/iconv/gconv_cache.o -MD -MP -MF /data/build/tmp/glibc-build/iconv/ gconv_cache.o.dt -MT /data/build/tmp/glibc-build/iconv/gconv_cache.o gconv_cache.c: In function `__gconv_load_cache': gconv_cache.c:75: error: invalid `asm': operand number out of range gconv_cache.c:75: error: invalid `asm': operand number out of range gconv_cache.c:112: error: invalid `asm': operand number out of range gconv_cache.c:112: error: invalid `asm': operand number out of range make[3]: *** [/data/build/tmp/glibc-build/iconv/gconv_cache.o] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-2.3.6/iconv' make[2]: *** [iconv/subdir_lib] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-2.3.6' make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-build' |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2007-10-22 17:31:25
|
Stupid question: you updated from cvs and ftp, correct? Heiko On Mon, October 22, 2007 11:58, Bruce Smith wrote: >>>>> I have trouble getting the latest 1.2-CVS booting with the glibc >>>>> 2.3.6. >>>>> >>>> How far does it get? What error messages are displayed? >>>> >>> >>> It loads and initializes the Kernel. >>> It shows the message "Freeing unused Kernel memory...." and then it >>> stops. My guess it's right when it tries to execute the initrd. >>> > > Well, you got farther that I did. I started a compile over lunch > (mrproper+new-lfs), and it aborted in the glibc build: Ideas? > > > ... > gcc gconv_cache.c -c -std=gnu99 -O2 -Wall -Winline -Wstrict-prototypes > -Wwrite-strings -g -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 > -DGCONV_DIR='"/usr/lib/gconv"' -I../include > -I. -I/data/build/tmp/glibc-build/iconv -I.. -I../libio -I../nptl > -I/data/build/tmp/glibc-build -I../sysdeps/i386/elf > -I../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/i686 -I.. > /nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386 -I../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux > -I../nptl/sysdeps/pthread -I../sysdeps/pthread > -I../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv -I.. > /nptl/sysdeps/unix -I../nptl/sysdeps/i386/i686 -I../nptl/sysdeps/i386 > -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386 -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux > -I../sysdeps/gnu -I../sysdeps/uni > x/common -I../sysdeps/unix/mman -I../sysdeps/unix/inet > -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/i386 -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv -I../sysdeps/unix/i386 > -I../sysdeps/unix -I../sysdeps/posix > -I../sysdeps/i386/i686/fpu -I../sysdeps/i386/i686 -I../sysdeps/i386/i486 > -I../nptl/sysdeps/i386/i486 -I../sysdeps/i386/fpu -I../sysdeps/i386 > -I../sysdeps/wordsize-32 > -I../sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-96 -I../sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64 > -I../sysdeps/ieee754/flt-32 -I../sysdeps/ieee754 -I../sysdeps/generic/elf > -I../sysdeps/generic -D_LIBC_REENT > RANT -D_LIBC_REENTRANT -include ../include/libc-symbols.h -DPIC -o > /data/build/tmp/glibc-build/iconv/gconv_cache.o -MD -MP -MF > /data/build/tmp/glibc-build/iconv/ > gconv_cache.o.dt -MT /data/build/tmp/glibc-build/iconv/gconv_cache.o > gconv_cache.c: In function `__gconv_load_cache': > gconv_cache.c:75: error: invalid `asm': operand number out of range > gconv_cache.c:75: error: invalid `asm': operand number out of range > gconv_cache.c:112: error: invalid `asm': operand number out of range > gconv_cache.c:112: error: invalid `asm': operand number out of range > make[3]: *** [/data/build/tmp/glibc-build/iconv/gconv_cache.o] Error 1 > make[3]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-2.3.6/iconv' > make[2]: *** [iconv/subdir_lib] Error 2 > make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-2.3.6' > make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 > make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-build' > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------- > This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. > Still grepping through log files to find problems? Stop. > Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser. > Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >> http://get.splunk.com/ > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > > -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2007-10-22 17:44:39
|
> Stupid question: you updated from cvs and ftp, correct? Stupid answer: yup! :-) I just ran it again to make sure nothing was missed. Nothing updated this time, so I was current. Any other ideas? - BS > On Mon, October 22, 2007 11:58, Bruce Smith wrote: > >>>>> I have trouble getting the latest 1.2-CVS booting with the glibc > >>>>> 2.3.6. > >>>>> > >>>> How far does it get? What error messages are displayed? > >>>> > >>> > >>> It loads and initializes the Kernel. > >>> It shows the message "Freeing unused Kernel memory...." and then it > >>> stops. My guess it's right when it tries to execute the initrd. > >>> > > > > Well, you got farther that I did. I started a compile over lunch > > (mrproper+new-lfs), and it aborted in the glibc build: Ideas? > > > > > > ... > > gcc gconv_cache.c -c -std=gnu99 -O2 -Wall -Winline -Wstrict-prototypes > > -Wwrite-strings -g -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 > > -DGCONV_DIR='"/usr/lib/gconv"' -I../include > > -I. -I/data/build/tmp/glibc-build/iconv -I.. -I../libio -I../nptl > > -I/data/build/tmp/glibc-build -I../sysdeps/i386/elf > > -I../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/i686 -I.. > > /nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386 -I../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux > > -I../nptl/sysdeps/pthread -I../sysdeps/pthread > > -I../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv -I.. > > /nptl/sysdeps/unix -I../nptl/sysdeps/i386/i686 -I../nptl/sysdeps/i386 > > -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386 -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux > > -I../sysdeps/gnu -I../sysdeps/uni > > x/common -I../sysdeps/unix/mman -I../sysdeps/unix/inet > > -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/i386 -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv -I../sysdeps/unix/i386 > > -I../sysdeps/unix -I../sysdeps/posix > > -I../sysdeps/i386/i686/fpu -I../sysdeps/i386/i686 -I../sysdeps/i386/i486 > > -I../nptl/sysdeps/i386/i486 -I../sysdeps/i386/fpu -I../sysdeps/i386 > > -I../sysdeps/wordsize-32 > > -I../sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-96 -I../sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64 > > -I../sysdeps/ieee754/flt-32 -I../sysdeps/ieee754 -I../sysdeps/generic/elf > > -I../sysdeps/generic -D_LIBC_REENT > > RANT -D_LIBC_REENTRANT -include ../include/libc-symbols.h -DPIC -o > > /data/build/tmp/glibc-build/iconv/gconv_cache.o -MD -MP -MF > > /data/build/tmp/glibc-build/iconv/ > > gconv_cache.o.dt -MT /data/build/tmp/glibc-build/iconv/gconv_cache.o > > gconv_cache.c: In function `__gconv_load_cache': > > gconv_cache.c:75: error: invalid `asm': operand number out of range > > gconv_cache.c:75: error: invalid `asm': operand number out of range > > gconv_cache.c:112: error: invalid `asm': operand number out of range > > gconv_cache.c:112: error: invalid `asm': operand number out of range > > make[3]: *** [/data/build/tmp/glibc-build/iconv/gconv_cache.o] Error 1 > > make[3]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-2.3.6/iconv' > > make[2]: *** [iconv/subdir_lib] Error 2 > > make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-2.3.6' > > make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 > > make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-build' |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2007-10-22 17:47:35
|
> > Stupid question: you updated from cvs and ftp, correct? > > Stupid answer: yup! :-) Did you check everything in? :-) - BS |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2007-10-22 17:56:09
|
Colleagues, I'll be able to join your party only in day-two. Bruce Smith wrote: >>> Stupid question: you updated from cvs and ftp, correct? >> Stupid answer: yup! :-) > > Did you check everything in? :-) > -- Serge Leschinsky |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2007-10-22 18:06:11
|
On Mon, October 22, 2007 12:47, Bruce Smith wrote: >>> Stupid question: you updated from cvs and ftp, correct? >>> >> >> Stupid answer: yup! :-) >> > > Did you check everything in? :-) Yeah it looks like it, but who knows. I can't run another test compile for a while, I have 1.2 and 1.3 changes in the works at the moment and my build machine is already freaking out the way it is. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2007-10-22 19:35:31
|
You know what, screw glibc 2.3.6 I rather put my energy in DL 1.3 -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2007-10-22 19:44:02
|
> You know what, screw glibc 2.3.6 > > I rather put my energy in DL 1.3 Agree. I'll run another 1.2 compile and see what happens. Do you have glibc downgraded yet? I'm getting an error on update_src: UPDATING from Devil-Linux FTP-Server Luxembourg-Kirchberg Transferring file `glibc-2.3.2.tar.bz2' Mirroring directory `perl-ext' Mirroring directory `pom-addon' Mirroring directory `special' Removing old file `glibc-2.3.6.tar.bz2' Removing old file `glibc-linuxthreads-2.3.6.tar.bz2' Removing old file `glibc-patches.tar.bz2' Total: 4 directories, 557 files, 0 symlinks New: 1 file, 0 symlinks 13377170 bytes transferred in 47 seconds (276.0K/s) Removed: 0 directories, 3 files, 0 symlinks Verifying md5 checksums src/glibc-linuxthreads-2.3.2.tar.bz2: FAILED open or read src/glibc-patches.tar.bz2: FAILED open or read |
|
From: Bruce S. <br...@ar...> - 2007-10-23 11:29:42
|
>> You know what, screw glibc 2.3.6 >> >> I rather put my energy in DL 1.3 >> > > Agree. I'll run another 1.2 compile and see what happens. > The glibc 2.3.2 compile finished without problem. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2007-10-22 19:51:45
|
On Mon, October 22, 2007 14:43, Bruce Smith wrote: >> You know what, screw glibc 2.3.6 >> >> >> I rather put my energy in DL 1.3 >> > > Agree. I'll run another 1.2 compile and see what happens. > > > Do you have glibc downgraded yet? I'm getting an error on update_src: I probably was still uploading when you tried. It's finished now, so give it another shot. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2007-10-22 19:58:13
|
> > Do you have glibc downgraded yet? I'm getting an error on update_src: > > I probably was still uploading when you tried. It's finished now, so give > it another shot. Yup, works now. - BS |