|
From: Davide! <mio...@al...> - 2007-07-11 11:45:06
|
Hi.. I wish adding the programs sendmail and amavis at Devil-Linux and remove = dspam and postfix. I've read the documentation, install the build = development, but I don't have understand how can add the programs. I've = the source of sendmail and amavis. I ask you if someone can explain = exactly the procedure to add the programs. Thanks |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2007-07-16 11:54:58
|
Davide! wrote: > *I wish adding the programs sendmail and amavis at Devil-Linux and > remove dspam and postfix. I've read the documentation, install the build > development, but I don't have understand how can add the programs. I've > the source of sendmail and amavis. I ask you if someone can explain > exactly the procedure to add the programs. Thanks* Have you read the project doc? 4.3. Adding Programs http://www.devil-linux.org/documentation/1.3.x/ch03s04.html#d0e1879 In short, you should create a script ( choose something as a prototype from scripts/* ), put it to script/ and then put the appropriate source to src/ dir. "make prepare" is required to recalculate dependencies. -- Serge Leschinsky |
|
From: davide m. <mio...@al...> - 2007-07-18 12:00:57
|
thanks.. I've understood this.. I've another question: I have to create only the script in folder /build/scripts or I've to add another script in the folder /build/scripts/scripts and /build/scripts/configuration ? Serge Leschinsky wrote: > > Davide! wrote: > >> *I wish adding the programs sendmail and amavis at Devil-Linux and >> remove dspam and postfix. I've read the documentation, install the build >> development, but I don't have understand how can add the programs. I've >> the source of sendmail and amavis. I ask you if someone can explain >> exactly the procedure to add the programs. Thanks* > > Have you read the project doc? > 4.3. Adding Programs > http://www.devil-linux.org/documentation/1.3.x/ch03s04.html#d0e1879 > > In short, you should create a script ( choose something as a prototype > from > scripts/* ), put it to script/ and then put the appropriate source to src/ > dir. > "make prepare" is required to recalculate dependencies. > > -- > Serge Leschinsky > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------- > This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express > Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take > control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now. > http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/ > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > > -- View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Adding-Programs-tf4061444.html#a11667326 Sent from the devil-linux-develop mailing list archive at Nabble.com. |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2007-07-18 19:29:21
|
davide mion wrote: > thanks.. I've understood this.. > I've another question: > > I have to create only the script in folder /build/scripts or I've to add > another script in the folder /build/scripts/scripts and > /build/scripts/configuration ? /build/scripts - contents exactly 'build' scripts ( i.e. a-la "configure, make, make install") /build/scripts/scripts - contents 'init' scripts (more often than not) /build/scripts/configuration - contents 'menu' files, i.e. these files are used for creating menu (and .config file for DL iso) if you do 'make menuconfig'. So, you should create at least one script and copy it to /build/scripts. -- Serge Leschinsky |
|
From: <ee...@fr...> - 2007-07-18 22:22:24
|
hi, davide mion a écrit : > thanks.. I've understood this.. > I've another question: > > I have to create only the script in folder /build/scripts or I've to add > another script in the folder /build/scripts/scripts and > it's for a specific/modified config file you want to have a copy in /etc for exemple; you have to manage this with the script in build/scripts ... > /build/scripts/configuration ? > It's in case you want to add the possibility to enable/disable your add-on in the make menuconfig ... you may want to create a file in build/scripts/configuration/help with mypackage.help to provide a description of your new package ... Have fun With DL ;) MaNU > > Serge Leschinsky wrote: > >> Davide! wrote: >> >> >>> *I wish adding the programs sendmail and amavis at Devil-Linux and >>> remove dspam and postfix. I've read the documentation, install the build >>> development, but I don't have understand how can add the programs. I've >>> the source of sendmail and amavis. I ask you if someone can explain >>> exactly the procedure to add the programs. Thanks* >>> >> Have you read the project doc? >> 4.3. Adding Programs >> http://www.devil-linux.org/documentation/1.3.x/ch03s04.html#d0e1879 >> >> In short, you should create a script ( choose something as a prototype >> from >> scripts/* ), put it to script/ and then put the appropriate source to src/ >> dir. >> "make prepare" is required to recalculate dependencies. >> >> -- >> Serge Leschinsky >> >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------- >> This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express >> Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take >> control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now. >> http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/ >> _______________________________________________ >> Devil-linux-develop mailing list >> Dev...@li... >> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop >> >> >> > > |
|
From: <ee...@fr...> - 2007-07-19 00:30:17
|
Another things usefull is : better add your sources and patches in src-extra than in src as when you start the update_src, it will destroy any file which is not on the main server ... some of your work could disapear ... the make unpack will extract any archive in tmp/ as if it was in src/ You could then maintain your build env up to date without too much pain during testing of your addings, and then only have to modify a few paths ,for ex if using patch files located in src-extra instead of src, when submitting your work for inclusion in the cvs tree. It's not the same when you start cvs update -d -P but be carefull as if you have modified for ex scripts/linux , and in the same time that file has envolved on the cvs server, you wont get the new one ... so you may rename your modified scripts/package-xy to scripts/package-xy.mod or so to run a diff after the cvs update command ... Have Fun, MaNU |
|
From: <ee...@fr...> - 2007-07-19 00:36:58
|
davide mion a écrit : > thanks.. I've understood this.. > I've another question: > > I have to create only the script in folder /build/scripts or I've to add > another script in the folder /build/scripts/scripts and > /build/scripts/configuration ? > > Could you give me the exactly sequence of operation that I have to do? > There's a method to test my own script and if their operate in the right > way? > > I have to replace postfix with sendmail, add amavisd-new, m4 and nph (m4 and > nph are needs by sendmail) > > What I'll do is : start on the 1.2 branch as 1.3 still have some issues you won't have to fight with as a first try! 1) build / install a complete DL distib based on last cvs and source update 2) download needed tarballs in src-extra/ directory 3) "cr" to enter the lfssystem 4) cd tmp && tar xvzf ../src-tmp/mypackage.tgz 5) cd mypackage/ 6) ./configure ..... in other words, start building your app as if you where on a std distro ... then you'll most likely notice some errors about libraries and application paths missing for proper build ... (have a look at the environment paths in the devel doc to know where to look for things ...) 7) create your scripts/mypackage script when you have successfully compiled mypackage ... you'll likely have some --with-libxy=/some/path things to add after the ./configure in the build part of the mypackage script. you can then try a make prepare build ... to see what's going on ... Hope it helped MaNU > Serge Leschinsky wrote: > >> Davide! wrote: >> >> >>> *I wish adding the programs sendmail and amavis at Devil-Linux and >>> remove dspam and postfix. I've read the documentation, install the build >>> development, but I don't have understand how can add the programs. I've >>> the source of sendmail and amavis. I ask you if someone can explain >>> exactly the procedure to add the programs. Thanks* >>> >> Have you read the project doc? >> 4.3. Adding Programs >> http://www.devil-linux.org/documentation/1.3.x/ch03s04.html#d0e1879 >> >> In short, you should create a script ( choose something as a prototype >> from >> scripts/* ), put it to script/ and then put the appropriate source to src/ >> dir. >> "make prepare" is required to recalculate dependencies. >> >> -- >> Serge Leschinsky >> >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------- >> This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express >> Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take >> control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now. >> http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/ >> _______________________________________________ >> Devil-linux-develop mailing list >> Dev...@li... >> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop >> >> >> > > |