Hi,
after a fresh new build from cvs, I still got some problems with :
* install-on-usb script fails when executed on the booted DL box:
I've got an ide cd-rom from which the system boot.
I've also installed a CF card in a CF to usb card reader(integrated on
mobo epia-MS 10000)
When I try to install-on-usb with /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/cd as
source
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc as destination disc and
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 as destination part,
the script fails when copying the cd image with an
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/cd i/o error
the bootcd.iso file created is smaller than the original one.
The only way I have to sucessfully run the script is to provide a path
to a bootcd.iso file somewhere ...
* when I try to boot from an ide hdd, the part is listed as mounted in
mtab but inaccessible :
# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
shmfs on /shm type iso9660 (ro)
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 on /shm/var/adm/boot type ext2
(ro,noatime)
...
l# s /var/adm/boot gives nothing
and if I try
# mount /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /shm/var/adm/boot -text2
-orw,remount
it says :
mount: /shm/var/adm/boot/ not mounted already, or bad option
this is quite a boring thing as I can't even modify anything on this
partition even if I boot from CF card as the boot process automatically
swap to first ide part with bootcd.iso and DEVIL-LINUX file he found,
before any on scsi device in the search of system device.
Any idea ???
Regards,
MaNU
|