-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1
On Mon, October 2, 2006 09:40, Andrea Fino wrote:
> Heiko Zuerker wrote:
>
>>
>>> Hi to all,
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> I am wondering if there is any plan to support linux 2.6.
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Not at the moment. Kernel 2.6 is still changing a lot and still has a
>> lot of security problems. But winter is coming and if I'm bored (which is
>> very likely), I'll continue working on it. ;-)
>>
> I thank you for your nice attitude :)
>
>
> Well if I can be any help please let me know ...
Oh that's easy. ;-)
Download the DL 1.3 build system, compile, fix the problems and send in
the patches. ;-)
> Main reason I am asking about this: I think dl can be a great platform
> for a specific service (samba, or lamp box).
>
> Now I am puzzling how to support well sata disk, that are becoming so
> common.....
Yeah that's one of the reasons why I want to continue the work on DL 1.3.
Our main focus is on security, it's always hard to balance this with the
features we need...
- --
Regards
Heiko Zuerker
http://www.devil-linux.org
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
iEYEARECAAYFAkUhKDcACgkQUcytMSbs+YXwdQCeOdObCyg0KS4F6YuT+3qLCzmU
WBMAnRAJlNmkZXjxly1mM28x3mge9HXI
=8VfP
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
|