|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2006-05-25 12:27:36
|
Hi!
I'm currently analyzing the way DL boots and therefore often watching the boot
process. Lots of the time (approx. 90%) I see a GRsec message right after the
initrd starts. For the exact message see the screenshot at
<ftp://ftp.fl.priv.at/pub/devil-linux/1.2.x/screenshots/2006-05-25-grsec-msg-during-boot-01.png>.
Does somebody know where this is coming from? As far as I can interpret this
message busybox (don't know which subcommand of it) seems to request to big a
stack segment.
The commands in question between the two echo's:
echo -n "Version "; $YELLOW; echo ${DL_VERSION}; $NORMAL
[...code for subroutines supressed...]
# make sure all kernel warnings get lost (seriously!)
klogd -c 1
# mount proc
mount -n -t proc none /proc
# mount usb
mount -n -t usbdevfs none /proc/bus/usb
# print our current running kernel version
echo Kernel $(uname -r)
Adding echo commands inbetween the command invocations it looks like the first
mount command is the offender.
Anybody can make sense of this?
PS: Currently I'm running DL with QEMU but I've seen the same with VMware too.
--
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock
____________________________________________________________________
Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock
URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl...
____________________________________________________________________
|
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2006-05-25 12:29:56
|
Hi! Forgot to add a link to a second screenshot. Friedrich Lobenstock wrote on 25.05.2006 14:27 MET: > > Adding echo commands inbetween the command invocations it looks like the > first mount command is the offender. See screenshot at <ftp://ftp.fl.priv.at/pub/devil-linux/1.2.x/screenshots/2006-05-25-grsec-msg-during-boot-02.png> > Anybody can make sense of this? -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2006-05-25 12:33:52
|
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1
On Thu, May 25, 2006 07:27, Friedrich Lobenstock wrote:
> Hi!
>
>
> I'm currently analyzing the way DL boots and therefore often watching the
> boot process. Lots of the time (approx. 90%) I see a GRsec message right
> after the initrd starts. For the exact message see the screenshot at
> <ftp://ftp.fl.priv.at/pub/devil-linux/1.2.x/screenshots/2006-05-25-grsec-
> msg-during-boot-01.png>.
>
> Does somebody know where this is coming from? As far as I can interpret
> this message busybox (don't know which subcommand of it) seems to request
> to big a stack segment.
>
> The commands in question between the two echo's:
>
>
> echo -n "Version "; $YELLOW; echo ${DL_VERSION}; $NORMAL
>
> [...code for subroutines supressed...]
>
>
> # make sure all kernel warnings get lost (seriously!)
> klogd -c 1
>
> # mount proc
> mount -n -t proc none /proc
>
> # mount usb
> mount -n -t usbdevfs none /proc/bus/usb
>
> # print our current running kernel version
> echo Kernel $(uname -r)
>
> Adding echo commands inbetween the command invocations it looks like the
> first mount command is the offender.
>
> Anybody can make sense of this?
I have this error too, just complete forgott about it, since usually don't
watch my systems boot.
These kind of error messages are usually happening when a program errors
out. We probably need to change the mount command, maybe the syntax
changed in a later busybox.
> PS: Currently I'm running DL with QEMU but I've seen the same with VMware
> too.
I have it in VMWare
- --
Regards
Heiko Zuerker
http://www.devil-linux.org
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)
iEYEARECAAYFAkR1pCQACgkQUcytMSbs+YUSVQCgiA/8rT88tut19p2jhlPWanf5
paUAn0YC8CJ8sLkRUl3wnYm2ihw8G9oQ
=nhY2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
|
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2006-05-25 12:45:44
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 25.05.2006 14:33 MET: > > On Thu, May 25, 2006 07:27, Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >>>I'm currently analyzing the way DL boots and therefore often watching the >>>boot process. Lots of the time (approx. 90%) I see a GRsec message right >>>after the initrd starts. For the exact message see the screenshot at >>><ftp://ftp.fl.priv.at/pub/devil-linux/1.2.x/screenshots/2006-05-25-grsec- >>>msg-during-boot-01.png>. >>> [...] > > I have this error too, just complete forgott about it, since usually don't > watch my systems boot. > These kind of error messages are usually happening when a program errors > out. We probably need to change the mount command, maybe the syntax > changed in a later busybox. I've just checked the busybox repository, as we are using its mount command, and I see that mount seems to be in constant change - see <http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/busybox/util-linux/mount.c?view=log>. Contrary to what you suspect the mount seems to succeed as the following screenshot shows <ftp://ftp.fl.priv.at/pub/devil-linux/1.2.x/screenshots/2006-05-25-grsec-msg-during-boot-03.png>. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |