On Sunday 13 March 2005 17:26, Heiko Zuerker wrote:
> Roland Pabel wrote:
> >Hi,
[...]
>
> It will only work for PCI devices, but most of our users should use PCI
> anyway.
yeah, I don't think probing for isa cards is necessary any more
> We already have the pci database included, it's here: /usr/share/pci.ids .
> Of course we would need to run the script twice, once in initrd to
> detect all the SCSI controllers and later for the network cards and
> whatever else is in the system.
right, although SCSI controller modules should be put into the initrd by the
user just to be sure...
> Did you get a chance to try the script?
not yet, I'll play around with it this evening. I'm curious if this wouldn't
better be implemented using sysfs (instead of procfs), since that is what
sysfs was designed for...
Roland
--
ICQ UIN 49339118 Linux Counter #88774
GPG-Key 1024D/59C6AFA6 2003-02-07 Roland Pabel <ro...@pa...>
|