|
From: Jean-Luc P. <Jea...@ib...> - 2005-02-02 12:18:11
|
Hello,
I try to compile cvs current 1.3, but the glibc compilation failed...
... it seems that gcc receive too unknown options :
-no-pie
-fno-stack-protector-all
I "hack" the scripts/glibc to remove them and it seems ok..
Any ideas ?
- pjluc
During the make build :
executing glibc with option build (in /data/build/tmp/glibc-2.3.4-20040701)
ERROR
/data/build/scripts/glibc build failed
check log file /data/build/tmp/LOGS/build/glibc for details
In the tmp/LOGS/build/glibc :
(...)
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for gcc... gcc -no-pie -fno-stack-protector-all
checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: cannot compute
suffix of object files: cannot compile
See `config.log' for more details.
(...)
...and in the config.log :
(...)
gcc version 3.4.1
configure:2591: $? = 0
configure:2593: gcc -no-pie -fno-stack-protector-all -V </dev/null >&5
gcc: `-V' must come at the start of the command line
configure:2596: $? = 1
configure:2600: checking for suffix of object files
configure:2621: gcc -no-pie -fno-stack-protector-all -c conftest.c >&5
gcc: unrecognized option `-no-pie'
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fno-stack-protector-all"
configure:2624: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
(...)
--
Jean-Luc Parouty - Phone: +33 4 387 823 90
Institut de Biologie Structurale-CNRS (UMR 5075)/CEA/UJF - IBS
41 Av. Jules Horowitz - 38027 Grenoble Cedex 1 - France
|
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2005-02-04 00:53:15
|
Jean-Luc Parouty wrote: > > Hello, > I try to compile cvs current 1.3, but the glibc compilation failed... > ... it seems that gcc receive too unknown options : > -no-pie > -fno-stack-protector-all > I "hack" the scripts/glibc to remove them and it seems ok.. > Any ideas ? That should not be. Did you use the correct lfssystem? 1.3 needs a newer one, which you can find on the ftp server. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Jean-Luc P. <Jea...@ib...> - 2005-02-04 07:53:18
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote:
> Jean-Luc Parouty wrote:
>
>>
>> Hello,
>> I try to compile cvs current 1.3, but the glibc compilation failed...
>> ... it seems that gcc receive too unknown options :
>> -no-pie
>> -fno-stack-protector-all
>> I "hack" the scripts/glibc to remove them and it seems ok..
>> Any ideas ?
>
>
>
> That should not be.
> Did you use the correct lfssystem? 1.3 needs a newer one, which you
> can find on the ftp server.
>
I think, I used the "lfssystem-6.0-i686.tar", and tried to use
differents usb token, and one type of them is used on 6 other Devil box,
I recompiled before (1.2.1)
Anyway I'll try to rebuild another 1.3 as soon as possible ;-)
- pjluc
--
Jean-Luc Parouty - Phone: +33 4 387 823 90
Institut de Biologie Structurale-CNRS (UMR 5075)/CEA/UJF - IBS
41 Av. Jules Horowitz - 38027 Grenoble Cedex 1 - France
|
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2005-02-06 04:19:44
|
Jean-Luc Parouty wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >> Jean-Luc Parouty wrote: >> >>> >>> Hello, >>> I try to compile cvs current 1.3, but the glibc compilation failed... >>> ... it seems that gcc receive too unknown options : >>> -no-pie >>> -fno-stack-protector-all >>> I "hack" the scripts/glibc to remove them and it seems ok.. >>> Any ideas ? >> This was actually a bug in the build system. Update from CVS and FTP and you should be OK. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Jean-Luc P. <Jea...@ib...> - 2005-02-10 09:56:56
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote:
> Jean-Luc Parouty wrote:
>
>> Heiko Zuerker wrote:
>>
>>> Jean-Luc Parouty wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Hello,
>>>> I try to compile cvs current 1.3, but the glibc compilation failed...
>>>> ... it seems that gcc receive too unknown options :
>>>> -no-pie
>>>> -fno-stack-protector-all
>>>> (...)
>>>
>
> This was actually a bug in the build system.
> Update from CVS and FTP and you should be OK.
Ok, I rebuilt a full DL1.3, from scratch and the compilation was fine..
But, I still have some little usb problems :
- On vmware, the usb key is not found.
I burned (a real) cd an test it and usb key was found, on /dev/sda1, but
on vmware the /dev/sda1 isn't in the list of search device...
On 1.2.x, I never had any problem...
vmware is more usefull than for simple tests: it can give you a very
simple and usefull backup system... and for development, this is really
great...
- On the "real pc", the usb key is found and the configuration is saved
during the boot sequence, but the save-config, doesn't want to mount the
msdos filesystem of the key :
Found configuration file location used by boot: /dev/sda1
using device /dev/sda1
mount unknown filesystem type 'msdfos'
please insert Configuration Media in /dev/sda1
(..)
Regards,
- pjluc
--
Jean-Luc Parouty - Phone: +33 4 387 823 90
Institut de Biologie Structurale-CNRS (UMR 5075)/CEA/UJF - IBS
41 Av. Jules Horowitz - 38027 Grenoble Cedex 1 - France
|
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2005-02-12 02:08:31
|
Jean-Luc Parouty wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >> Jean-Luc Parouty wrote: >> >>> Heiko Zuerker wrote: >>> >>>> Jean-Luc Parouty wrote: >>>> >>>>> >>>>> Hello, >>>>> I try to compile cvs current 1.3, but the glibc compilation failed... >>>>> ... it seems that gcc receive too unknown options : >>>>> -no-pie >>>>> -fno-stack-protector-all >>>>> (...) >>>> >>>> >> >> This was actually a bug in the build system. >> Update from CVS and FTP and you should be OK. > > > Ok, I rebuilt a full DL1.3, from scratch and the compilation was fine.. > > But, I still have some little usb problems : > > - On vmware, the usb key is not found. > I burned (a real) cd an test it and usb key was found, on /dev/sda1, > but on vmware the /dev/sda1 isn't in the list of search device... > On 1.2.x, I never had any problem... > vmware is more usefull than for simple tests: it can give you a very > simple and usefull backup system... and for development, this is > really great... This must be a problem with the kernel USB support. There's also a performance issue with Kernel 2.6 and VMWare, so let's hope the kernel maintainers get that stuff fixed soon. > > - On the "real pc", the usb key is found and the configuration is > saved during the boot sequence, but the save-config, doesn't want to > mount the msdos filesystem of the key : > > Found configuration file location used by boot: /dev/sda1 > using device /dev/sda1 > mount unknown filesystem type 'msdfos' > please insert Configuration Media in /dev/sda1 > (..) I encountered the same problem when I did some testing. We turned of msdos filesystem so the OS uses vfat per default. I guess we need to do some more testing/investigation here. My time is very limited at the moment, it would be great if somebody else could own this task. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |