|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2005-01-04 19:50:46
|
The "mail()" function appears to be broken in PHP DL 1.2.1. I get: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mail() Which is odd since the documentation says: There is no installation needed to use these functions; they are part of the PHP core. My only guess is postfix needs to be installed on the LFS so PHP can find it. Any other ideas? If not, I'll try installing Postfix. Also, some of the case insensitive string functions are broken. i.e. stripos() is undefined, but strpos() works. Same for a couple other str[i]... string functions I tried, except strtolower() works. The string functions are also part of the PHP core, so I have no clue how to solve this one. Any ideas? - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2005-01-04 19:58:55
|
> The "mail()" function appears to be broken in PHP DL 1.2.1. I get: > > Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mail() > > Which is odd since the documentation says: > > There is no installation needed to use these functions; > they are part of the PHP core. > > My only guess is postfix needs to be installed on the LFS so PHP can > find it. Any other ideas? If not, I'll try installing Postfix. > > > Also, some of the case insensitive string functions are broken. > > i.e. stripos() is undefined, but strpos() works. > Same for a couple other str[i]... string functions I tried, > except strtolower() works. > > The string functions are also part of the PHP core, so I have > no clue how to solve this one. Any ideas? Are you trying to run a specific application? I'm using SquirrelMail and didn't experience any problems. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2005-01-04 20:09:49
|
> > The "mail()" function appears to be broken in PHP DL 1.2.1. I get: > > > > Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mail() > > > > Which is odd since the documentation says: > > > > There is no installation needed to use these functions; > > they are part of the PHP core. > > > > My only guess is postfix needs to be installed on the LFS so PHP can > > find it. Any other ideas? If not, I'll try installing Postfix. > > > > > > Also, some of the case insensitive string functions are broken. > > > > i.e. stripos() is undefined, but strpos() works. > > Same for a couple other str[i]... string functions I tried, > > except strtolower() works. > > > > The string functions are also part of the PHP core, so I have > > no clue how to solve this one. Any ideas? > > Are you trying to run a specific application? I'm writing my own. > I'm using SquirrelMail and didn't experience any problems. I pretty sure that SquirrelMail doesn't use the mail() function. No idea what string functions it uses. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2005-01-04 20:30:44
|
>> > The "mail()" function appears to be broken in PHP DL 1.2.1. I get: >> > >> > Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mail() >> > >> > Which is odd since the documentation says: >> > >> > There is no installation needed to use these functions; >> > they are part of the PHP core. >> > >> > My only guess is postfix needs to be installed on the LFS so PHP can >> > find it. Any other ideas? If not, I'll try installing Postfix. >> > >> > >> > Also, some of the case insensitive string functions are broken. >> > >> > i.e. stripos() is undefined, but strpos() works. >> > Same for a couple other str[i]... string functions I tried, >> > except strtolower() works. >> > >> > The string functions are also part of the PHP core, so I have >> > no clue how to solve this one. Any ideas? >> >> Are you trying to run a specific application? > > I'm writing my own. > >> I'm using SquirrelMail and didn't experience any problems. > > I pretty sure that SquirrelMail doesn't use the mail() function. > No idea what string functions it uses. The only other application I ran before is ACID and I didn't have problems with that one either. But again it doesn't use the mail() function. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2005-01-04 20:58:21
|
> >> > The "mail()" function appears to be broken in PHP DL 1.2.1. I get: > >> > > >> > Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mail() > >> > > >> > Which is odd since the documentation says: > >> > > >> > There is no installation needed to use these functions; > >> > they are part of the PHP core. > >> > > >> > My only guess is postfix needs to be installed on the LFS so PHP can > >> > find it. Any other ideas? If not, I'll try installing Postfix. > >> > > >> > > >> > Also, some of the case insensitive string functions are broken. > >> > > >> > i.e. stripos() is undefined, but strpos() works. > >> > Same for a couple other str[i]... string functions I tried, > >> > except strtolower() works. > >> > > >> > The string functions are also part of the PHP core, so I have > >> > no clue how to solve this one. Any ideas? > >> > >> Are you trying to run a specific application? > > > > I'm writing my own. > > > >> I'm using SquirrelMail and didn't experience any problems. > > > > I pretty sure that SquirrelMail doesn't use the mail() function. > > No idea what string functions it uses. > > The only other application I ran before is ACID and I didn't have problems > with that one either. But again it doesn't use the mail() function. The original build log for PHP says: checking for sendmail... no When I manually install postfix in the LFS and run PHP ./configure: checking for sendmail... /usr/sbin/sendmail I suspect that's the problem for the mail() function. I'll change the postfix build script to install in the LFS, recompile, test, and report back. (and commit if it works :) I think I solved the string [i] functions too, they are only available in PHP5 and above. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2005-01-04 21:30:06
|
>> >> > The "mail()" function appears to be broken in PHP DL 1.2.1. I get: >> >> > >> >> > Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mail() >> >> > >> >> > Which is odd since the documentation says: >> >> > >> >> > There is no installation needed to use these functions; >> >> > they are part of the PHP core. >> >> > >> >> > My only guess is postfix needs to be installed on the LFS so PHP >> can >> >> > find it. Any other ideas? If not, I'll try installing Postfix. >> >> > >> >> > >> >> > Also, some of the case insensitive string functions are broken. >> >> > >> >> > i.e. stripos() is undefined, but strpos() works. >> >> > Same for a couple other str[i]... string functions I tried, >> >> > except strtolower() works. >> >> > >> >> > The string functions are also part of the PHP core, so I have >> >> > no clue how to solve this one. Any ideas? >> >> >> >> Are you trying to run a specific application? >> > >> > I'm writing my own. >> > >> >> I'm using SquirrelMail and didn't experience any problems. >> > >> > I pretty sure that SquirrelMail doesn't use the mail() function. >> > No idea what string functions it uses. >> >> The only other application I ran before is ACID and I didn't have >> problems >> with that one either. But again it doesn't use the mail() function. > > The original build log for PHP says: > > checking for sendmail... no > > When I manually install postfix in the LFS and run PHP ./configure: > > checking for sendmail... /usr/sbin/sendmail > > I suspect that's the problem for the mail() function. Change the build system and install postfix in the 'build' section. Then make PHP dependend on postfix. > I'll change the postfix build script to install in the LFS, > recompile, test, and report back. (and commit if it works :) > > > I think I solved the string [i] functions too, they are only available > in PHP5 and above. Aaaahhh DL 1.3.x is PHP5 included, but I doubt it's stable enough for a production system. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Stephen C. M. <ste...@in...> - 2005-01-04 20:40:43
|
Hi, I'm using squirrelmail on DL 1.2.2 with no problems, but I would like to run imp. With imp you need the latest PEAR and that is not installed. Is there a way to get PEAR included with php in DL? Regards, Steve Bruce Smith wrote: >>>The "mail()" function appears to be broken in PHP DL 1.2.1. I get: >>> >>> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mail() >>> >>>Which is odd since the documentation says: >>> >>> There is no installation needed to use these functions; >>> they are part of the PHP core. >>> >>>My only guess is postfix needs to be installed on the LFS so PHP can >>>find it. Any other ideas? If not, I'll try installing Postfix. >>> >>> >>>Also, some of the case insensitive string functions are broken. >>> >>>i.e. stripos() is undefined, but strpos() works. >>>Same for a couple other str[i]... string functions I tried, >>>except strtolower() works. >>> >>>The string functions are also part of the PHP core, so I have >>>no clue how to solve this one. Any ideas? >>> >>> >>Are you trying to run a specific application? >> >> > >I'm writing my own. > > > >>I'm using SquirrelMail and didn't experience any problems. >> >> > >I pretty sure that SquirrelMail doesn't use the mail() function. >No idea what string functions it uses. > > - BS > > > > >------------------------------------------------------- >The SF.Net email is sponsored by: Beat the post-holiday blues >Get a FREE limited edition SourceForge.net t-shirt from ThinkGeek. >It's fun and FREE -- well, almost....http://www.thinkgeek.com/sfshirt >_______________________________________________ >Devil-linux-develop mailing list >Dev...@li... >https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > > > |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2005-01-04 21:31:12
|
> Hi, > > I'm using squirrelmail on DL 1.2.2 with no problems, but I would like to > run imp. With imp you need the latest PEAR and that is not installed. > Is there a way to get PEAR included with php in DL? Our queue is quite long. I'd say your only chance to get it included in 1.3 is when you provide us a patch for the build system. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Stephen C. M. <ste...@in...> - 2005-01-04 21:35:24
|
I will add it to my list. Heiko Zuerker wrote: >>Hi, >> >>I'm using squirrelmail on DL 1.2.2 with no problems, but I would like to >>run imp. With imp you need the latest PEAR and that is not installed. >>Is there a way to get PEAR included with php in DL? >> >> > >Our queue is quite long. >I'd say your only chance to get it included in 1.3 is when you provide us >a patch for the build system. > > > |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2005-01-04 20:33:53
|
Stupid question, did you check the syslog and apache logs ? -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2005-01-04 20:51:20
|
> Stupid question, did you check the syslog and apache logs ? Yes, nothing there. - BS |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2005-01-04 21:37:54
|
> > The original build log for PHP says: > > > > checking for sendmail... no > > > > When I manually install postfix in the LFS and run PHP ./configure: > > > > checking for sendmail... /usr/sbin/sendmail > > > > I suspect that's the problem for the mail() function. > > Change the build system and install postfix in the 'build' section. > Then make PHP dependend on postfix. Been there, done both, waiting for the compile to finish ... ;-) - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2005-01-04 22:09:55
|
>> > The original build log for PHP says: >> > >> > checking for sendmail... no >> > >> > When I manually install postfix in the LFS and run PHP ./configure: >> > >> > checking for sendmail... /usr/sbin/sendmail >> > >> > I suspect that's the problem for the mail() function. >> >> Change the build system and install postfix in the 'build' section. >> Then make PHP dependend on postfix. > > Been there, done both, waiting for the compile to finish ... ;-) You're too long on the project I think... we need somebody new, so I can tell him things. ;-) -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Jean-Luc P. <Jea...@ib...> - 2005-01-04 22:10:29
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote:
> (...)
>
>Aaaahhh
>
>DL 1.3.x is PHP5 included, but I doubt it's stable enough for a production
>system.
>
>
>
...and many php applications cannot be used with PHP5 :-(
Choosing beetwin this two versions could be fun, if we have to choose,
version 4 should be better ;-)
I have a (stupid) question... how can I get the (good) 1.3?? testing
version you discuss about ? (to test it myself)
From documentation:
The last version (but wich one?) is :
cvs -z3
-d:pserver:ano...@cv...:/cvsroot/devil-linux co build
By extrapolation, I imagine that 1.3 should be :
cvs -z3
-d:pserver:ano...@cv...:/cvsroot/devil-linux co -r 1.3
build
Where is the right way ? where could I fine the good cvs "tag" (sorry
for my poor cvs culture ;-)
Thanks for advance !
- pjluc
|
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2005-01-04 22:34:11
|
> Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >> (...) >> >>Aaaahhh >> >>DL 1.3.x is PHP5 included, but I doubt it's stable enough for a >> production >>system. >> >> >> > ...and many php applications cannot be used with PHP5 :-( Ah great... > Choosing beetwin this two versions could be fun, if we have to choose, > version 4 should be better ;-) > > I have a (stupid) question... how can I get the (good) 1.3?? testing > version you discuss about ? (to test it myself) > > From documentation: > > The last version (but wich one?) is : > cvs -z3 > -d:pserver:ano...@cv...:/cvsroot/devil-linux co build yes this is the right way. Do not specify a -r XXXXX and you get the latest version. Don't forgett that you also need a new lfssystem, you'll find it on the ftp server. > > By extrapolation, I imagine that 1.3 should be : > cvs -z3 > -d:pserver:ano...@cv...:/cvsroot/devil-linux co -r 1.3 build nope > Where is the right way ? where could I fine the good cvs "tag" (sorry > for my poor cvs culture ;-) CVS is not the easiest application.... There are a lot of changes, many things probably don't work as they should. Please report any problems you encounter, or even better send the patch to fix them. :D -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |