Jean-Luc Parouty wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> First, congratulation for the works :-)
>
> I try it few weeks ago, and now I replace all of my red^H^H big
> historical linux by some small Devil ;-))
>
> Anyway, I had some little problems when I tried to start a ldap/samba
> server :
>
> - there is no libnss_ldap
For which functionality is it needed? (AD integration?)
My samba server starts fine.
> - php wasn' t compiled with --with-gettext, so lam doen't work...
>
> - only one network module can be specified, so in
> heterogen environment, we have to change the
> MODULE in /etc/sysconfig/nic/ifcfg-ethx
>
> So, I propose the following little modifications, in the archive file :
>
> In the tar file :
>
> network.diff
> nss_ldap
> nss_ldap.config
> php.diff
> profiles-default.diff
>
> With :
>
> 1/ patches-1.2.1-pjluc/network.diff
>
> With this small patch, we can specify more than one
> module in the MODULE directive :
> MODULE="8139too pcnet32"
>
> We will test them at start :
> (...)
> Shutting Down WLAN Devices: Shutting Down WLAN
> Devices: [ OK ]
> try module: 8139too (unsupported)
> try module: pcnet32 (ok)
> Starting DHCP client daemon on interface eth0
> (...)
I have to reject this patch.
You can specify different MODULE= lines for each ifcfg-ethX file, which
should solve your problem.
It is important for us, that you can specify additional parameters for
the module (like IO= for older ISA card), which is not possible with
your solution.
> 2/ patches-1.2.1-pjluc/nss_ldap
> patches-1.2.1-pjluc/nss_ldap.config
> patches-1.2.1-pjluc/profiles-default.diff
>
> I add the nss_ldap module, with option in the menuconfig
> engine... (set to "yes" by default)
I will hold off on this one for a little while (rather add it to 1.3).
Of course if there's demanding interest, I'll add it to 1.2.
> 3/ patches-1.2.1-pjluc/php.diff
>
> Just the addition of the --with-gettext options for php...
Added to 1.2 and 1.3
>
>
> I hope this small contribution could be usefull ;-)
> Sorry if I'm wrong : I'm not very familiar with cvs & patches
> protocoles... !
I was perfect, nothing to complain about.
Heiko
|