|
From: Serge L. <se...@nn...> - 2004-09-21 12:47:27
|
Dear Sirs. I'm going to use multi serial port card (NetMos Nm9845CV) on DL 1.2. > root@test:~ # lspci | grep NetMos > 00:08.0 Serial controller: NetMos Technology PCI 9845 Multi-I/O Controller (rev 01) There are only 2 serial ports in the system > root@test:~ # ls /dev/ttyS* > /dev/ttyS0 /dev/ttyS1 I try to create and configure the parameters for ttyS2-ttyS7 > root@test:~ # more /proc/pci > PCI devices found: > Bus 0, device 8, function 0: > Serial controller: PCI device 9710:9845 (NetMos Technology) (rev 1). > IRQ 11. > Master Capable. Latency=32. > I/O at 0x9000 [0x9007]. > I/O at 0x9400 [0x9407]. > I/O at 0x9800 [0x9807]. > I/O at 0x9c00 [0x9c07]. > I/O at 0xa000 [0xa007]. > I/O at 0xa400 [0xa40f]. I do the following: >mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS2 c 4 66 >setserial /dev/ttyS2 port 0x9000 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 >mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS3 c 4 67 >setserial /dev/ttyS3 port 0x9400 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 > mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS4 c 4 68 >setserial /dev/ttyS4 port 0x9800 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 >mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS5 c 4 69 >setserial /dev/ttyS5 port 0x9c00 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 >mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS6 c 4 70 >setserial /dev/ttyS6 port 0xa000 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 >mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS7 c 4 71 >setserial /dev/ttyS7 port 0xa400 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 But these ports don't work. So, what do I wrong? How can I add needed devices into distributive (I think creating /dev/ttySx by every boot is not "right" idea...)? Thank you an advance. -- Best regards, Serge mailto:se...@nn... |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-09-21 21:18:02
|
Serge Leschinsky wrote: >Dear Sirs. > >I'm going to use multi serial port card (NetMos Nm9845CV) on DL 1.2. > > > >>root@test:~ # lspci | grep NetMos >>00:08.0 Serial controller: NetMos Technology PCI 9845 Multi-I/O Controller (rev 01) >> >> > >There are only 2 serial ports in the system > > >>root@test:~ # ls /dev/ttyS* >>/dev/ttyS0 /dev/ttyS1 >> >> > >I try to create and configure the parameters for ttyS2-ttyS7 > > >>root@test:~ # more /proc/pci >>PCI devices found: >> Bus 0, device 8, function 0: >> Serial controller: PCI device 9710:9845 (NetMos Technology) (rev 1). >> IRQ 11. >> Master Capable. Latency=32. >> I/O at 0x9000 [0x9007]. >> I/O at 0x9400 [0x9407]. >> I/O at 0x9800 [0x9807]. >> I/O at 0x9c00 [0x9c07]. >> I/O at 0xa000 [0xa007]. >> I/O at 0xa400 [0xa40f]. >> >> > >I do the following: > > >>mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS2 c 4 66 >>setserial /dev/ttyS2 port 0x9000 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 >>mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS3 c 4 67 >>setserial /dev/ttyS3 port 0x9400 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 >>mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS4 c 4 68 >>setserial /dev/ttyS4 port 0x9800 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 >>mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS5 c 4 69 >>setserial /dev/ttyS5 port 0x9c00 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 >>mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS6 c 4 70 >>setserial /dev/ttyS6 port 0xa000 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 >>mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS7 c 4 71 >>setserial /dev/ttyS7 port 0xa400 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 >> >> > >But these ports don't work. >So, what do I wrong? >How can I add needed devices into distributive (I think creating /dev/ttySx >by every boot is not "right" idea...)? > >Thank you an advance. > > > The devices should be created automatically via devfs. Did you load the module for the card ? Is the card supported by the vanilla kernel? -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Serge L. <se...@nn...> - 2004-09-22 07:16:56
|
Dear Heiko, Wednesday, September 22, 2004, 1:17:59 AM, you wrote: >>I'm going to use multi serial port card (NetMos Nm9845CV) on DL 1.2. > >>>root@test:~ # lspci | grep NetMos >>>00:08.0 Serial controller: NetMos Technology PCI 9845 Multi-I/O Controller (rev 01) >>> >> HZ> The devices should be created automatically via devfs. I thought so too. But they didn't. And I did it "by hand". As I found later I set a wrong place. Serial devices were moved to /dev/tts/* now with simlink in the /dev/ttyS*. But it didn't help anyway. HZ> Did you load the module for the card ? There is no needed in special module - only generic serial support in kernel I think. HZ> Is the card supported by the HZ> vanilla kernel? Yes. And as I can see this DL 1.2 kernel supports that too: >CONFIG_SERIAL=y >CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE=y >CONFIG_SERIAL_EXTENDED=y >CONFIG_SERIAL_MANY_PORTS=y >CONFIG_SERIAL_SHARE_IRQ=y ># CONFIG_SERIAL_DETECT_IRQ is not set >CONFIG_SERIAL_MULTIPORT=y >CONFIG_SERIAL_NONSTANDARD=y -- Best regards, Serge mailto:se...@nn... |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-09-21 21:20:57
|
Serge Leschinsky wrote on 21.09.2004 14:43 MET: > Dear Sirs. > > I'm going to use multi serial port card (NetMos Nm9845CV) on DL 1.2. > > >>root@test:~ # lspci | grep NetMos >>00:08.0 Serial controller: NetMos Technology PCI 9845 Multi-I/O Controller (rev 01) > > > There are only 2 serial ports in the system > >>root@test:~ # ls /dev/ttyS* >>/dev/ttyS0 /dev/ttyS1 > > > I try to create and configure the parameters for ttyS2-ttyS7 > >>root@test:~ # more /proc/pci >>PCI devices found: >> Bus 0, device 8, function 0: >> Serial controller: PCI device 9710:9845 (NetMos Technology) (rev 1). >> IRQ 11. >> Master Capable. Latency=32. >> I/O at 0x9000 [0x9007]. >> I/O at 0x9400 [0x9407]. >> I/O at 0x9800 [0x9807]. >> I/O at 0x9c00 [0x9c07]. >> I/O at 0xa000 [0xa007]. >> I/O at 0xa400 [0xa40f]. > > > I do the following: > >>mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS2 c 4 66 >>setserial /dev/ttyS2 port 0x9000 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 >>mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS3 c 4 67 >>setserial /dev/ttyS3 port 0x9400 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 >>mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS4 c 4 68 >>setserial /dev/ttyS4 port 0x9800 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 >>mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS5 c 4 69 >>setserial /dev/ttyS5 port 0x9c00 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 >>mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS6 c 4 70 >>setserial /dev/ttyS6 port 0xa000 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 >>mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS7 c 4 71 >>setserial /dev/ttyS7 port 0xa400 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200 > > > But these ports don't work. > So, what do I wrong? Did you ever get this card working under Linux? I mean not Devil-Linux in that case. Is there probably some special driver for such a card which needs to be loaded? -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Serge L. <se...@nn...> - 2004-09-22 07:17:03
|
Dear Friedrich, Wednesday, September 22, 2004, 1:20:54 AM, you wrote: >> I'm going to use multi serial port card (NetMos Nm9845CV) on DL 1.2. >> >> >>>root@test:~ # lspci | grep NetMos >>>00:08.0 Serial controller: NetMos Technology PCI 9845 Multi-I/O Controller (rev 01) FL> Did you ever get this card working under Linux? Yes I did. It works well into FC2. FL> I mean not Devil-Linux in that FL> case. Is there probably some special driver for such a card which needs to be FL> loaded? In FC2 no special modules were loaded - only standard/generic (8250/16550 and compatible UARTs) serial support in the kernel. -- Best regards, Serge mailto:se...@nn... |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-09-22 13:04:52
|
Serge Leschinsky wrote: >Dear Friedrich, > >Wednesday, September 22, 2004, 1:20:54 AM, you wrote: > > > >>>I'm going to use multi serial port card (NetMos Nm9845CV) on DL 1.2. >>> >>> >>> >>> >>>>root@test:~ # lspci | grep NetMos >>>>00:08.0 Serial controller: NetMos Technology PCI 9845 Multi-I/O Controller (rev 01) >>>> >>>> > >FL> Did you ever get this card working under Linux? >Yes I did. It works well into FC2. >FL> I mean not Devil-Linux in that >FL> case. Is there probably some special driver for such a card which needs to be >FL> loaded? >In FC2 no special modules were loaded - only standard/generic (8250/16550 >and compatible UARTs) serial support in the kernel. > > > can you send us your dmesg output (reboot first)? With a bit luck we can see something. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Serge L. <se...@nn...> - 2004-09-22 14:04:53
Attachments:
dmesg.txt
proc_pci.txt
|
Dear Heiko, Wednesday, September 22, 2004, 5:04:51 PM, you wrote: >> HZ> can you send us your dmesg output (reboot first)? HZ> With a bit luck we can see something. See attachment. I set the card into another pci-slot. IRQ 5 used now. -- Best regards, Serge mailto:se...@nn... |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-09-22 14:19:16
|
Serge Leschinsky wrote: >Dear Heiko, > >Wednesday, September 22, 2004, 5:04:51 PM, you wrote: > > >HZ> can you send us your dmesg output (reboot first)? >HZ> With a bit luck we can see something. >See attachment. >I set the card into another pci-slot. IRQ 5 used now. > > The device is not recognized by the Kernel. You mentioned it works in FC2, but FC2 uses a 2.6 kernel. Can you plug the card into a kernel 2.4 system and see if it's being recognized. Did you check if you find anything via google? -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Serge L. <se...@nn...> - 2004-09-23 13:31:59
|
Dear Heiko, Wednesday, September 22, 2004, 6:19:12 PM, you wrote: HZ> Can you plug the card into a kernel 2.4 system and see if it's being HZ> recognized. I've set this card into the quite old debian "Woody" host. >Linux sky-gw1 2.4.18 #1 SMP Tue Oct 28 16:18:24 MSK 2003 i686 unknown >sky-gw1:~# cat /etc/issue >Debian GNU/\s 3.0 \n \l The card works correctly. the part of dmesg output : >Linux version 2.4.18 (root@debian) (gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelea >se)) #1 SMP Tue Oct 28 16:18:24 MSK 2003 >Serial driver version 5.05c (2001-07-08) with MANY_PORTS SHARE_IRQ SERIAL_PCI IS ..... >APNP enabled >ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A >ttyS01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A >block: 128 slots per queue, batch=32 >Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 6.31 > # cat /proc/pci > Bus 0, device 11, function 0: > Serial controller: PCI device 9710:9845 (rev 1). > IRQ 10. > Master Capable. Latency=32. > I/O at 0xb400 [0xb407]. > I/O at 0xb000 [0xb007]. > I/O at 0xa800 [0xa807]. > I/O at 0xa400 [0xa407]. > I/O at 0xa000 [0xa007]. > I/O at 0x9800 [0x980f]. > Bus 1, device 0, function 0: > VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Vanta [NV6] (rev 21). > IRQ 11. HZ> Did you check if you find anything via google? I can't find anything interesting (useful) yet. Thank to all. PS. I think the source of my troubles IS in device files creating. I'll investigate this situation and send the report to the list. -- Best regards, Serge mailto:se...@nn... |
|
From: Serge L. <se...@nn...> - 2004-09-24 13:14:43
|
SL> PS. I think the source of my troubles is in device files creating. I'll SL> investigate this situation and send the report to the list. DL 1.2rc1. Multi port card - NetMos card based on Nm9845CV chip The card works. But _very_ unstable.... I think that it's the property of only this particular cards. >root@Deviant:~ # cat /proc/pci ... > Bus 0, device 9, function 0: > Serial controller: PCI device 9710:9845 (NetMos Technology) (rev 1). > IRQ 12. > I/O at 0xb800 [0xb807]. > I/O at 0xb400 [0xb407]. > I/O at 0xb000 [0xb007]. > I/O at 0xa800 [0xa807]. > I/O at 0xa400 [0xa407]. > I/O at 0xa000 [0xa00f]. >root@Deviant:~ # cat /etc/init.d/boot.local ... > # Add serial ports to /dev/tts/* > mknod -m 600 /dev/tts/2 c 4 66 > mknod -m 600 /dev/tts/3 c 4 67 > mknod -m 600 /dev/tts/4 c 4 68 > mknod -m 600 /dev/tts/5 c 4 69 > mknod -m 600 /dev/tts/6 c 4 70 > mknod -m 600 /dev/tts/7 c 4 71 > > # Add link from /dev/ttyS* to /dev/tts/ > ln -s tts/2 /dev/ttyS2 > ln -s tts/3 /dev/ttyS3 > ln -s tts/4 /dev/ttyS4 > ln -s tts/5 /dev/ttyS5 > ln -s tts/6 /dev/ttyS6 > ln -s tts/7 /dev/ttyS7 > > # Set serial parameters > > setserial /dev/ttyS2 port 0xb800 UART 16550A irq 12 Baud_base 115200 > setserial /dev/ttyS3 port 0xb400 UART 16550A irq 12 Baud_base 115200 > setserial /dev/ttyS4 port 0xb000 UART 16550A irq 12 Baud_base 115200 > setserial /dev/ttyS5 port 0xa800 UART 16550A irq 12 Baud_base 115200 > setserial /dev/ttyS6 port 0xa400 UART 16550A irq 12 Baud_base 115200 > setserial /dev/ttyS7 port 0xa000 UART 16550A irq 12 Baud_base 115200 -- Best regards, Serge mailto:se...@nn... |