|
From: Frank P. <pi...@we...> - 2004-09-08 16:49:09
Attachments:
loop-AES
|
Hello, I tried to compile 1.2 CVS from 7th of September on my dual Opteron system. The compilation stops in loop-AES. executing loop-AES with option build (in /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b) ERROR /build/scripts/loop-AES build failed check log file /build/tmp/LOGS/build/loop-AES for details make: *** [build] Error 1 interesting message inside "loop.o not for this architecture", the whole log file is attached. Note I was able to compile a 1.0 long time ago and also a 1.2b1 on this machine. Additionally I had a problem in documentation: http://www.devil-linux.org/documentation/1.2.x/ch03s02.html There is stated "make build install prepare iso dist" But 'make build' fails, after I used m'make prepare' at first, it works. Regards Frank |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-09-08 18:31:15
|
Frank Pieczynski wrote: >Hello, >I tried to compile 1.2 CVS from 7th of September on my dual Opteron system. >The compilation stops in loop-AES. > >executing loop-AES with option build (in /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b) >ERROR >/build/scripts/loop-AES build failed >check log file /build/tmp/LOGS/build/loop-AES for details >make: *** [build] Error 1 > > Diego ? >interesting message inside "loop.o not for this architecture", the whole log >file is attached. > >Note I was able to compile a 1.0 long time ago and also a 1.2b1 on this >machine. > >Additionally I had a problem in documentation: >http://www.devil-linux.org/documentation/1.2.x/ch03s02.html >There is stated "make build install prepare iso dist" >But 'make build' fails, after I used m'make prepare' at first, it works. > > I corrected it in the docs. >Regards >Frank > > >------------------------------------------------------------------------ > >make[1]: Entering directory `/build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b' >cd /build/tmp/linux-2.4.27 && make SUBDIRS=/build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b modules Q='@cd /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b && if [ "$@" = "modules" ]; then make modules; fi; # ' >make[2]: Entering directory `/build/tmp/linux-2.4.27' >make -C /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b CFLAGS="-D__KERNEL__ -I/build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i586 -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include /build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/include/linux/modversions.h" MAKING_MODULES=1 modules >make[3]: Entering directory `/build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b' >rm -f *.o *.ko *.orig *.rej *.mod.c patched-loop.[ch] test-file[1234] >rm -f -r test-dir1 tmp-d-kbuild >rm -f patched-loop.[ch] >cp loop.c-2.4.patched patched-loop.c >gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i586 -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include /build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/include/linux/modversions.h -nostdinc -iwithprefix include -DPENTIUM_ASM -DKBUILD_BASENAME=patched_loop -DKBUILD_MODNAME=loop -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c patched-loop.c -o patched-loop.o >gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i586 -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include /build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/include/linux/modversions.h -nostdinc -iwithprefix include -DPENTIUM_ASM -DKBUILD_BASENAME=glue -DKBUILD_MODNAME=loop -c glue.c -o glue.o >gcc -D__ASSEMBLY__ -D__KERNEL__ -I/build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/include -c aes-i586.S -o aes-i586.o >gcc -D__ASSEMBLY__ -D__KERNEL__ -I/build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/include -c md5-i586.S -o md5-i586.o >ld -m elf_i386 -r patched-loop.o glue.o aes-i586.o md5-i586.o -o loop.o >mkdir -p /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b/lib/modules/2.4.27-grsec/block >cp -p loop.o /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b/lib/modules/2.4.27-grsec/block >rm -f /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b/lib/modules/2.4.27-grsec/kernel/drivers/block/loop.{,k}o >/sbin/depmod -a -b /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b -F /build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/System.map 2.4.27-grsec >depmod: ELF file /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b/lib/modules/2.4.27-grsec/block/loop.o not for this architecture >make[3]: *** [modules] Error 1 >make[3]: Leaving directory `/build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b' >make[2]: *** [_mod_/build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b] Error 2 >make[2]: Leaving directory `/build/tmp/linux-2.4.27' >make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 >make[1]: Leaving directory `/build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b' > > -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2004-09-08 18:55:11
|
On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 02:32:43PM -0400, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >/build/scripts/loop-AES build failed > >check log file /build/tmp/LOGS/build/loop-AES for details > >make: *** [build] Error 1 > > > Diego ? looks like a problem between loop-aes and a grsec patched kernel, because i can compile it without problems under a clean kernel. what cpu did you configure on the makemenuconfig option? -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / España |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-09-08 19:18:24
|
Diego Torres wrote: >On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 02:32:43PM -0400, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > >>>/build/scripts/loop-AES build failed >>>check log file /build/tmp/LOGS/build/loop-AES for details >>>make: *** [build] Error 1 >>> >>> >>> >>Diego ? >> >> > >looks like a problem between loop-aes and a grsec patched kernel, >because i can compile it without problems under a clean kernel. > >what cpu did you configure on the makemenuconfig option? > > I also just got an email that a new version of loop-aes was released. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2004-09-08 19:29:22
|
On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 03:19:54PM -0400, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > I also just got an email that a new version of loop-aes was released. please, upload and check that there is only one version of loop-aes laying on the ftp, and that the .diff is also uploaded and bzip'ed... -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / España |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-09-08 19:43:22
|
Diego Torres wrote: >On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 03:19:54PM -0400, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > > >>I also just got an email that a new version of loop-aes was released. >> >> > > please, upload and check that there is only one version of loop-aes > laying on the ftp, and that the .diff is also uploaded and bzip'ed... > > done -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-09-08 19:25:32
|
Frank Pieczynski wrote: >Hello, >I tried to compile 1.2 CVS from 7th of September on my dual Opteron system. >The compilation stops in loop-AES. > > > Ah wait a minute.... Dual Opteron ? Some packages detect in different ways which system they run on, so I guess loop-AES recognizes the 'wrong' one. >executing loop-AES with option build (in /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b) >ERROR >/build/scripts/loop-AES build failed >check log file /build/tmp/LOGS/build/loop-AES for details >make: *** [build] Error 1 > >interesting message inside "loop.o not for this architecture", the whole log >file is attached. > >Note I was able to compile a 1.0 long time ago and also a 1.2b1 on this >machine. > >Additionally I had a problem in documentation: >http://www.devil-linux.org/documentation/1.2.x/ch03s02.html >There is stated "make build install prepare iso dist" >But 'make build' fails, after I used m'make prepare' at first, it works. > >Regards >Frank > > >------------------------------------------------------------------------ > >make[1]: Entering directory `/build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b' >cd /build/tmp/linux-2.4.27 && make SUBDIRS=/build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b modules Q='@cd /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b && if [ "$@" = "modules" ]; then make modules; fi; # ' >make[2]: Entering directory `/build/tmp/linux-2.4.27' >make -C /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b CFLAGS="-D__KERNEL__ -I/build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i586 -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include /build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/include/linux/modversions.h" MAKING_MODULES=1 modules >make[3]: Entering directory `/build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b' >rm -f *.o *.ko *.orig *.rej *.mod.c patched-loop.[ch] test-file[1234] >rm -f -r test-dir1 tmp-d-kbuild >rm -f patched-loop.[ch] >cp loop.c-2.4.patched patched-loop.c >gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i586 -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include /build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/include/linux/modversions.h -nostdinc -iwithprefix include -DPENTIUM_ASM -DKBUILD_BASENAME=patched_loop -DKBUILD_MODNAME=loop -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c patched-loop.c -o patched-loop.o >gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i586 -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include /build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/include/linux/modversions.h -nostdinc -iwithprefix include -DPENTIUM_ASM -DKBUILD_BASENAME=glue -DKBUILD_MODNAME=loop -c glue.c -o glue.o >gcc -D__ASSEMBLY__ -D__KERNEL__ -I/build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/include -c aes-i586.S -o aes-i586.o >gcc -D__ASSEMBLY__ -D__KERNEL__ -I/build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/include -c md5-i586.S -o md5-i586.o >ld -m elf_i386 -r patched-loop.o glue.o aes-i586.o md5-i586.o -o loop.o >mkdir -p /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b/lib/modules/2.4.27-grsec/block >cp -p loop.o /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b/lib/modules/2.4.27-grsec/block >rm -f /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b/lib/modules/2.4.27-grsec/kernel/drivers/block/loop.{,k}o >/sbin/depmod -a -b /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b -F /build/tmp/linux-2.4.27/System.map 2.4.27-grsec >depmod: ELF file /build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b/lib/modules/2.4.27-grsec/block/loop.o not for this architecture >make[3]: *** [modules] Error 1 >make[3]: Leaving directory `/build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b' >make[2]: *** [_mod_/build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b] Error 2 >make[2]: Leaving directory `/build/tmp/linux-2.4.27' >make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 >make[1]: Leaving directory `/build/tmp/loop-AES-v2.1b' > > -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |