|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-07-21 21:16:20
|
New LFS, mrproper. The lm_sensors script hangs waiting for input.
Here's a tail of the log file:
*
* I2C support
*
I2C support (CONFIG_I2C) [M/n/y/?]
I2C bit-banging interfaces (CONFIG_I2C_ALGOBIT) [M/n/?]
Philips style parallel port adapter (CONFIG_I2C_PHILIPSPAR) [M/n/?]
ELV adapter (CONFIG_I2C_ELV) [M/n/?]
Velleman K8000 adapter (CONFIG_I2C_VELLEMAN) [M/n/?]
NatSemi SCx200 I2C using GPIO pins (CONFIG_SCx200_I2C) [M/n/?]
GPIO pin used for SCL (CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL) [12] (NEW)
|
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-21 21:35:17
|
> New LFS, mrproper. The lm_sensors script hangs waiting for input. > Here's a tail of the log file: > > > > * > * I2C support > * > I2C support (CONFIG_I2C) [M/n/y/?] > I2C bit-banging interfaces (CONFIG_I2C_ALGOBIT) [M/n/?] > Philips style parallel port adapter (CONFIG_I2C_PHILIPSPAR) [M/n/?] > ELV adapter (CONFIG_I2C_ELV) [M/n/?] > Velleman K8000 adapter (CONFIG_I2C_VELLEMAN) [M/n/?] > NatSemi SCx200 I2C using GPIO pins (CONFIG_SCx200_I2C) [M/n/?] > GPIO pin used for SCL (CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL) [12] (NEW) Are u using 1.3 ? I can check in a few changes if you want, which should take care of this problem. I didn't do it yet because of my build problems. So at least you can test it. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-07-21 22:12:01
|
> > * > > * I2C support > > * > > I2C support (CONFIG_I2C) [M/n/y/?] > > I2C bit-banging interfaces (CONFIG_I2C_ALGOBIT) [M/n/?] > > Philips style parallel port adapter (CONFIG_I2C_PHILIPSPAR) [M/n/?] > > ELV adapter (CONFIG_I2C_ELV) [M/n/?] > > Velleman K8000 adapter (CONFIG_I2C_VELLEMAN) [M/n/?] > > NatSemi SCx200 I2C using GPIO pins (CONFIG_SCx200_I2C) [M/n/?] > > GPIO pin used for SCL (CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL) [12] (NEW) > > Are u using 1.3 ? Yes. > I can check in a few changes if you want, which should take care of this > problem. > I didn't do it yet because of my build problems. So at least you can test it. OK. Check them in and I'll start another compile tonight. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-21 23:41:24
|
On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 18:12, Bruce Smith wrote: > > > * > > > * I2C support > > > * > > > I2C support (CONFIG_I2C) [M/n/y/?] > > > I2C bit-banging interfaces (CONFIG_I2C_ALGOBIT) [M/n/?] > > > Philips style parallel port adapter (CONFIG_I2C_PHILIPSPAR) [M/n/?] > > > ELV adapter (CONFIG_I2C_ELV) [M/n/?] > > > Velleman K8000 adapter (CONFIG_I2C_VELLEMAN) [M/n/?] > > > NatSemi SCx200 I2C using GPIO pins (CONFIG_SCx200_I2C) [M/n/?] > > > GPIO pin used for SCL (CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL) [12] (NEW) > > > > Are u using 1.3 ? > > Yes. > > > I can check in a few changes if you want, which should take care of this > > problem. > > I didn't do it yet because of my build problems. So at least you can test it. > > OK. Check them in and I'll start another compile tonight. DONE, it's all in CVS now. -- Regards Heiko http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-07-22 13:06:35
|
> > > I can check in a few changes if you want, which should take care of this
> > > problem.
> > > I didn't do it yet because of my build problems. So at least you can test it.
> >
> > OK. Check them in and I'll start another compile tonight.
>
> DONE, it's all in CVS now.
Still hangs waiting for input:
*
* I2C support
*
I2C support (CONFIG_I2C) [M/n/y/?]
I2C bit-banging interfaces (CONFIG_I2C_ALGOBIT) [M/n/?]
Philips style parallel port adapter (CONFIG_I2C_PHILIPSPAR) [M/n/?]
ELV adapter (CONFIG_I2C_ELV) [M/n/?]
Velleman K8000 adapter (CONFIG_I2C_VELLEMAN) [M/n/?]
NatSemi SCx200 I2C using GPIO pins (CONFIG_SCx200_I2C) [M/n/?]
GPIO pin used for SCL (CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL) [12] (NEW)
|
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-22 14:11:22
|
>> > > I can check in a few changes if you want, which should take care of >> this >> > > problem. >> > > I didn't do it yet because of my build problems. So at least you can >> test it. >> > >> > OK. Check them in and I'll start another compile tonight. >> >> DONE, it's all in CVS now. > > Still hangs waiting for input: > > * > * I2C support > * > I2C support (CONFIG_I2C) [M/n/y/?] > I2C bit-banging interfaces (CONFIG_I2C_ALGOBIT) [M/n/?] > Philips style parallel port adapter (CONFIG_I2C_PHILIPSPAR) [M/n/?] > ELV adapter (CONFIG_I2C_ELV) [M/n/?] > Velleman K8000 adapter (CONFIG_I2C_VELLEMAN) [M/n/?] > NatSemi SCx200 I2C using GPIO pins (CONFIG_SCx200_I2C) [M/n/?] > GPIO pin used for SCL (CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL) [12] (NEW) @^$%!*#&^!@%#&!^@ Can you take a look at it? I need a working build system first, before I can analyze the problem. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-07-22 14:39:12
|
> > Still hangs waiting for input:
> >
> > *
> > * I2C support
> > *
> > I2C support (CONFIG_I2C) [M/n/y/?]
> > I2C bit-banging interfaces (CONFIG_I2C_ALGOBIT) [M/n/?]
> > Philips style parallel port adapter (CONFIG_I2C_PHILIPSPAR) [M/n/?]
> > ELV adapter (CONFIG_I2C_ELV) [M/n/?]
> > Velleman K8000 adapter (CONFIG_I2C_VELLEMAN) [M/n/?]
> > NatSemi SCx200 I2C using GPIO pins (CONFIG_SCx200_I2C) [M/n/?]
> > GPIO pin used for SCL (CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL) [12] (NEW)
>
> @^$%!*#&^!@%#&!^@
> Can you take a look at it?
I looked, but am not sure what to do.
>From above, we seem to be missing "CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL".
I tracked down the "set_all_kernel_options" function, and from there,
tmp/linux-2.4.26/drivers/i2c/Config.in contains:
dep_tristate ' NatSemi SCx200 I2C using GPIO pins' CONFIG_SCx200_I2C $CONFIG_SCx200_GPIO $CONFIG_I2C_ALGOBIT
if [ "$CONFIG_SCx200_I2C" != "n" ]; then
int ' GPIO pin used for SCL' CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL 12
int ' GPIO pin used for SDA' CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SDA 13
fi
CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL seems to be an integer. Is that the problem?
Maybe the script doesn't handle integers correctly?
Or the previous "if" statement is causing problems?
I'm not sure what to do from here. Ideas?
Other than turning off lm_sensors from menuconfig! :-)
- BS
|
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-22 14:56:22
|
>> > Still hangs waiting for input: >> > >> > * >> > * I2C support >> > * >> > I2C support (CONFIG_I2C) [M/n/y/?] >> > I2C bit-banging interfaces (CONFIG_I2C_ALGOBIT) [M/n/?] >> > Philips style parallel port adapter (CONFIG_I2C_PHILIPSPAR) [M/n/?] >> > ELV adapter (CONFIG_I2C_ELV) [M/n/?] >> > Velleman K8000 adapter (CONFIG_I2C_VELLEMAN) [M/n/?] >> > NatSemi SCx200 I2C using GPIO pins (CONFIG_SCx200_I2C) [M/n/?] >> > GPIO pin used for SCL (CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL) [12] (NEW) >> >> @^$%!*#&^!@%#&!^@ >> Can you take a look at it? > > I looked, but am not sure what to do. > >>From above, we seem to be missing "CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL". > > I tracked down the "set_all_kernel_options" function, and from there, > tmp/linux-2.4.26/drivers/i2c/Config.in contains: > > dep_tristate ' NatSemi SCx200 I2C using GPIO pins' > CONFIG_SCx200_I2C $CONFIG_SCx200_GPIO $CONFIG_I2C_ALGOBIT > if [ "$CONFIG_SCx200_I2C" != "n" ]; then > int ' GPIO pin used for SCL' CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL 12 > int ' GPIO pin used for SDA' CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SDA 13 > fi > > CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL seems to be an integer. Is that the problem? > Maybe the script doesn't handle integers correctly? > Or the previous "if" statement is causing problems? > > I'm not sure what to do from here. Ideas? The script currently doesn't support 'int' at all. The idea would be to add this functionality and just writing the default value into the config file (i.e. CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL=12 ) > Other than turning off lm_sensors from menuconfig! :-) yeah yeah....always going the easy route.... -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-07-22 15:29:48
|
> The script currently doesn't support 'int' at all.
> The idea would be to add this functionality and just writing the default
> value into the config file (i.e. CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL=12 )
You mean something like this?
+++ functions 22 Jul 2004 15:20:59 -0000
@@ -492,6 +492,9 @@
for CFG in $( grep -s bool $FILE | cut -d "'" -f 3 | cut -d " " -f 2 ); do
set_kernel_option $CFG y
done
+ for CFG in $( grep -s "^ *int " $FILE | cut -d "'" -f 3 | cut -d " " -f 2,3 | sed 's/ /#/' ); do
+ set_kernel_option ${CFG%%#*} ${CFG##*#}
+ done
done
fi
fi
It seems to work for this file, but I don't know if it'll screw up any
other scripts (other than lm_sensors) without a full mrproper compile.
root:/data/build# FILE=tmp/linux-2.4.26/drivers/i2c/Config.in
root:/data/build# for CFG in $( grep -s "^ *int " $FILE | cut -d "'" -f 3 | cut -d " " -f 2,3 | sed 's/ /#/' ); do
> echo ${CFG%%#*} ${CFG##*#}
> done
CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL 12
CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SDA 13
Do you want me to commit it now, or wait until after a full compile?
- BS
|
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-22 15:56:20
|
>> The script currently doesn't support 'int' at all.
>> The idea would be to add this functionality and just writing the default
>> value into the config file (i.e. CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL=12 )
>
> You mean something like this?
>
>
> +++ functions 22 Jul 2004 15:20:59 -0000
> @@ -492,6 +492,9 @@
> for CFG in $( grep -s bool $FILE | cut -d "'" -f 3 | cut -d "
> " -f 2 ); do
> set_kernel_option $CFG y
> done
> + for CFG in $( grep -s "^ *int " $FILE | cut -d "'" -f 3 |
> cut -d " " -f 2,3 | sed 's/ /#/' ); do
> + set_kernel_option ${CFG%%#*} ${CFG##*#}
> + done
> done
> fi
> fi
>
>
> It seems to work for this file, but I don't know if it'll screw up any
> other scripts (other than lm_sensors) without a full mrproper compile.
>
>
> root:/data/build# FILE=tmp/linux-2.4.26/drivers/i2c/Config.in
> root:/data/build# for CFG in $( grep -s "^ *int " $FILE | cut -d "'" -f
> 3 | cut -d " " -f 2,3 | sed 's/ /#/' ); do
>> echo ${CFG%%#*} ${CFG##*#}
>> done
>
> CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SCL 12
> CONFIG_SCx200_I2C_SDA 13
>
>
> Do you want me to commit it now, or wait until after a full compile?
I'd say add it.
Can you add it to the section for 2.6 kernel, too ? ;-)
The only problem is that the file format changed....
--
Regards
Heiko Zuerker
http://www.devil-linux.org
|
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-07-22 17:02:55
|
> > Do you want me to commit it now, or wait until after a full compile? > > I'd say add it. It's there. > Can you add it to the section for 2.6 kernel, too ? ;-) > The only problem is that the file format changed.... Holy crap, I'll say it changed! :-/ I think I'll save that change for you. :-) My compile died for a different reason this time. I head a loud "clunk" from my PC, checked my logs quick and there were entries about /dev/hda, shortly after the whole machine locked up solid. After a power cycle, I'm back running again, but I don't know for how long. Looks like I'll be busy with hardware problems for awhile. :-( - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-22 17:46:19
|
>> > Do you want me to commit it now, or wait until after a full compile? >> >> I'd say add it. > > It's there. > >> Can you add it to the section for 2.6 kernel, too ? ;-) >> The only problem is that the file format changed.... > > Holy crap, I'll say it changed! :-/ > I think I'll save that change for you. :-) Thanks a bunch ;-) > My compile died for a different reason this time. > I head a loud "clunk" from my PC, checked my logs quick and there were > entries about /dev/hda, shortly after the whole machine locked up solid. > After a power cycle, I'm back running again, but I don't know for how > long. Looks like I'll be busy with hardware problems for awhile. :-( Time to make the long overdue backup.... -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-07-22 20:42:49
|
> >> > Do you want me to commit it now, or wait until after a full compile? > >> > >> I'd say add it. > > > > It's there. > > > >> Can you add it to the section for 2.6 kernel, too ? ;-) > >> The only problem is that the file format changed.... > > > > Holy crap, I'll say it changed! :-/ > > I think I'll save that change for you. :-) > > Thanks a bunch ;-) You're welcome! :-) After restarting my compile after the hard drive clunk (still working), it just got past the lm_sensors build! My patch must have worked! :-) But it ain't done yet. Let's see what else screws up now ... - BS |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-07-22 21:07:38
|
> After restarting my compile after the hard drive clunk (still working), > it just got past the lm_sensors build! My patch must have worked! :-) > > But it ain't done yet. Let's see what else screws up now ... Any clues on this new one: gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include /data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26/include/linux/modversions.h -nostdinc -iwithprefix include -DKBUILD_BASENAME=ip6t_REJECT -c -o ip6t_REJECT.o ip6t_REJECT.c ip6t_REJECT.c: In function `maybe_reroute': ip6t_REJECT.c:61: warning: implicit declaration of function `dst_output' ip6t_REJECT.c: In function `send_reset': ip6t_REJECT.c:123: warning: passing arg 1 of `ipv6_addr_copy' from incompatible pointer type ip6t_REJECT.c:124: warning: passing arg 1 of `ipv6_addr_copy' from incompatible pointer type ip6t_REJECT.c:125: error: structure has no member named `fl_ip_sport' ip6t_REJECT.c:126: error: structure has no member named `fl_ip_dport' ip6t_REJECT.c:127: warning: implicit declaration of function `ip6_dst_lookup' ip6t_REJECT.c:135: error: structure has no member named `header_len' ip6t_REJECT.c:136: error: structure has no member named `trailer_len' ip6t_REJECT.c:149: error: structure has no member named `header_len' ip6t_REJECT.c:154: warning: implicit declaration of function `dst_metric' ip6t_REJECT.c:154: error: `RTAX_HOPLIMIT' undeclared (first use in this function) ip6t_REJECT.c:154: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once ip6t_REJECT.c:154: error: for each function it appears in.) ip6t_REJECT.c: In function `send_unreach': ip6t_REJECT.c:252: error: invalid application of `sizeof' to an incomplete type ip6t_REJECT.c:257: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ip6t_REJECT.c:275: warning: passing arg 1 of `ipv6_addr_copy' from incompatible pointer type ip6t_REJECT.c:276: warning: passing arg 1 of `ipv6_addr_copy' from incompatible pointer type ip6t_REJECT.c:277: error: structure has no member named `fl_icmp_type' ip6t_REJECT.c:278: error: structure has no member named `fl_icmp_code' ip6t_REJECT.c:298: warning: implicit declaration of function `dst_pmtu' ip6t_REJECT.c:306: error: structure has no member named `header_len' ip6t_REJECT.c:306: error: structure has no member named `trailer_len' ip6t_REJECT.c:319: error: structure has no member named `header_len' ip6t_REJECT.c:324: error: `RTAX_HOPLIMIT' undeclared (first use in this function) make[3]: *** [ip6t_REJECT.o] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26/net/ipv6/netfilter' make[2]: *** [_modsubdir_ipv6/netfilter] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26/net' make[1]: *** [_mod_net] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26' |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-22 21:31:18
|
>> After restarting my compile after the hard drive clunk (still working), >> it just got past the lm_sensors build! My patch must have worked! :-) >> >> But it ain't done yet. Let's see what else screws up now ... > > Any clues on this new one: > > > gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26/include -Wall > -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common > -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 > -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include > /data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26/include/linux/modversions.h -nostdinc > -iwithprefix include -DKBUILD_BASENAME=ip6t_REJECT -c -o ip6t_REJECT.o > ip6t_REJECT.c > ip6t_REJECT.c: In function `maybe_reroute': > ip6t_REJECT.c:61: warning: implicit declaration of function `dst_output' > ip6t_REJECT.c: In function `send_reset': > ip6t_REJECT.c:123: warning: passing arg 1 of `ipv6_addr_copy' from > incompatible pointer type > ip6t_REJECT.c:124: warning: passing arg 1 of `ipv6_addr_copy' from > incompatible pointer type > ip6t_REJECT.c:125: error: structure has no member named `fl_ip_sport' > ip6t_REJECT.c:126: error: structure has no member named `fl_ip_dport' > ip6t_REJECT.c:127: warning: implicit declaration of function > `ip6_dst_lookup' > ip6t_REJECT.c:135: error: structure has no member named `header_len' > ip6t_REJECT.c:136: error: structure has no member named `trailer_len' > ip6t_REJECT.c:149: error: structure has no member named `header_len' > ip6t_REJECT.c:154: warning: implicit declaration of function `dst_metric' > ip6t_REJECT.c:154: error: `RTAX_HOPLIMIT' undeclared (first use in this > function) > ip6t_REJECT.c:154: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only > once > ip6t_REJECT.c:154: error: for each function it appears in.) > ip6t_REJECT.c: In function `send_unreach': > ip6t_REJECT.c:252: error: invalid application of `sizeof' to an incomplete > type > ip6t_REJECT.c:257: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type > ip6t_REJECT.c:275: warning: passing arg 1 of `ipv6_addr_copy' from > incompatible pointer type > ip6t_REJECT.c:276: warning: passing arg 1 of `ipv6_addr_copy' from > incompatible pointer type > ip6t_REJECT.c:277: error: structure has no member named `fl_icmp_type' > ip6t_REJECT.c:278: error: structure has no member named `fl_icmp_code' > ip6t_REJECT.c:298: warning: implicit declaration of function `dst_pmtu' > ip6t_REJECT.c:306: error: structure has no member named `header_len' > ip6t_REJECT.c:306: error: structure has no member named `trailer_len' > ip6t_REJECT.c:319: error: structure has no member named `header_len' > ip6t_REJECT.c:324: error: `RTAX_HOPLIMIT' undeclared (first use in this > function) > make[3]: *** [ip6t_REJECT.o] Error 1 > make[3]: Leaving directory > `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26/net/ipv6/netfilter' > make[2]: *** [_modsubdir_ipv6/netfilter] Error 2 > make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26/net' > make[1]: *** [_mod_net] Error 2 > make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26' looks like patch-o-matic-ng has a problem. try updating the sources (ftp.netfilter.org , somewhere under beta or testing) -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-07-22 21:57:55
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 22.07.2004 23:27 MET: >>>After restarting my compile after the hard drive clunk (still working), >>>it just got past the lm_sensors build! My patch must have worked! :-) >>> >>>But it ain't done yet. Let's see what else screws up now ... >> >>Any clues on this new one: >> >> >>gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26/include -Wall >>-Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common >>-fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 >>-DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include >>/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26/include/linux/modversions.h -nostdinc >>-iwithprefix include -DKBUILD_BASENAME=ip6t_REJECT -c -o ip6t_REJECT.o >>ip6t_REJECT.c >>ip6t_REJECT.c: In function `maybe_reroute': >>ip6t_REJECT.c:61: warning: implicit declaration of function `dst_output' >>ip6t_REJECT.c: In function `send_reset': >>ip6t_REJECT.c:123: warning: passing arg 1 of `ipv6_addr_copy' from >>incompatible pointer type >>ip6t_REJECT.c:124: warning: passing arg 1 of `ipv6_addr_copy' from >>incompatible pointer type >>ip6t_REJECT.c:125: error: structure has no member named `fl_ip_sport' >>ip6t_REJECT.c:126: error: structure has no member named `fl_ip_dport' >>ip6t_REJECT.c:127: warning: implicit declaration of function >>`ip6_dst_lookup' >>ip6t_REJECT.c:135: error: structure has no member named `header_len' >>ip6t_REJECT.c:136: error: structure has no member named `trailer_len' >>ip6t_REJECT.c:149: error: structure has no member named `header_len' >>ip6t_REJECT.c:154: warning: implicit declaration of function `dst_metric' >>ip6t_REJECT.c:154: error: `RTAX_HOPLIMIT' undeclared (first use in this >>function) >>ip6t_REJECT.c:154: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only >>once >>ip6t_REJECT.c:154: error: for each function it appears in.) >>ip6t_REJECT.c: In function `send_unreach': >>ip6t_REJECT.c:252: error: invalid application of `sizeof' to an incomplete >>type >>ip6t_REJECT.c:257: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type >>ip6t_REJECT.c:275: warning: passing arg 1 of `ipv6_addr_copy' from >>incompatible pointer type >>ip6t_REJECT.c:276: warning: passing arg 1 of `ipv6_addr_copy' from >>incompatible pointer type >>ip6t_REJECT.c:277: error: structure has no member named `fl_icmp_type' >>ip6t_REJECT.c:278: error: structure has no member named `fl_icmp_code' >>ip6t_REJECT.c:298: warning: implicit declaration of function `dst_pmtu' >>ip6t_REJECT.c:306: error: structure has no member named `header_len' >>ip6t_REJECT.c:306: error: structure has no member named `trailer_len' >>ip6t_REJECT.c:319: error: structure has no member named `header_len' >>ip6t_REJECT.c:324: error: `RTAX_HOPLIMIT' undeclared (first use in this >>function) >>make[3]: *** [ip6t_REJECT.o] Error 1 >>make[3]: Leaving directory >>`/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26/net/ipv6/netfilter' >>make[2]: *** [_modsubdir_ipv6/netfilter] Error 2 >>make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26/net' >>make[1]: *** [_mod_net] Error 2 >>make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26' > > > > looks like patch-o-matic-ng has a problem. > try updating the sources (ftp.netfilter.org , somewhere under beta or > testing) Can you possibly try patch-o-matic-ng from ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/patch-o-matic-ng/ ? -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-23 14:46:20
|
> Heiko Zuerker wrote on 22.07.2004 23:27 MET: >>>>After restarting my compile after the hard drive clunk (still working), >>>>it just got past the lm_sensors build! My patch must have worked! :-) >>>> >>>>But it ain't done yet. Let's see what else screws up now ... >>> >>>Any clues on this new one: >>> >>> >>>gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26/include -Wall >>>-Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common >>>-fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 >>>-DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include >>>/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26/include/linux/modversions.h -nostdinc >>>-iwithprefix include -DKBUILD_BASENAME=ip6t_REJECT -c -o ip6t_REJECT.o >>>ip6t_REJECT.c >>>ip6t_REJECT.c: In function `maybe_reroute': >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:61: warning: implicit declaration of function `dst_output' >>>ip6t_REJECT.c: In function `send_reset': >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:123: warning: passing arg 1 of `ipv6_addr_copy' from >>>incompatible pointer type >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:124: warning: passing arg 1 of `ipv6_addr_copy' from >>>incompatible pointer type >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:125: error: structure has no member named `fl_ip_sport' >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:126: error: structure has no member named `fl_ip_dport' >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:127: warning: implicit declaration of function >>>`ip6_dst_lookup' >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:135: error: structure has no member named `header_len' >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:136: error: structure has no member named `trailer_len' >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:149: error: structure has no member named `header_len' >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:154: warning: implicit declaration of function >>> `dst_metric' >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:154: error: `RTAX_HOPLIMIT' undeclared (first use in this >>>function) >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:154: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only >>>once >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:154: error: for each function it appears in.) >>>ip6t_REJECT.c: In function `send_unreach': >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:252: error: invalid application of `sizeof' to an >>> incomplete >>>type >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:257: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:275: warning: passing arg 1 of `ipv6_addr_copy' from >>>incompatible pointer type >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:276: warning: passing arg 1 of `ipv6_addr_copy' from >>>incompatible pointer type >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:277: error: structure has no member named `fl_icmp_type' >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:278: error: structure has no member named `fl_icmp_code' >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:298: warning: implicit declaration of function `dst_pmtu' >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:306: error: structure has no member named `header_len' >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:306: error: structure has no member named `trailer_len' >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:319: error: structure has no member named `header_len' >>>ip6t_REJECT.c:324: error: `RTAX_HOPLIMIT' undeclared (first use in this >>>function) >>>make[3]: *** [ip6t_REJECT.o] Error 1 >>>make[3]: Leaving directory >>>`/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26/net/ipv6/netfilter' >>>make[2]: *** [_modsubdir_ipv6/netfilter] Error 2 >>>make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26/net' >>>make[1]: *** [_mod_net] Error 2 >>>make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.26' >> >> >> >> looks like patch-o-matic-ng has a problem. >> try updating the sources (ftp.netfilter.org , somewhere under beta or >> testing) > > Can you possibly try patch-o-matic-ng from > ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/patch-o-matic-ng/ ? I was able to reproduce the problem (yes I can compile again !!! thanks SuSE :-)) ). A test compile is running with the latest patch-o-matic-ng. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-23 15:16:18
|
>>> looks like patch-o-matic-ng has a problem. >>> try updating the sources (ftp.netfilter.org , somewhere under beta or >>> testing) >> >> Can you possibly try patch-o-matic-ng from >> ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/patch-o-matic-ng/ ? > > I was able to reproduce the problem (yes I can compile again !!! thanks > SuSE :-)) ). > A test compile is running with the latest patch-o-matic-ng. It it failed again, so that wasn't the problem. But I saw that I didn't have "Netfilter Updates" selected in menuconfig, this could be the problem. I started a new compile to see if this fixes the problem. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-23 19:26:20
|
>>>> looks like patch-o-matic-ng has a problem. >>>> try updating the sources (ftp.netfilter.org , somewhere under beta or >>>> testing) >>> >>> Can you possibly try patch-o-matic-ng from >>> ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/patch-o-matic-ng/ ? >> >> I was able to reproduce the problem (yes I can compile again !!! thanks >> SuSE :-)) ). >> A test compile is running with the latest patch-o-matic-ng. > > It it failed again, so that wasn't the problem. > But I saw that I didn't have "Netfilter Updates" selected in menuconfig, > this could be the problem. > I started a new compile to see if this fixes the problem. OK that was not it, I now de-selected 'base' and 'extra' patches and use only the minimum ( updates + pending ). A new compile is running, in a couple hours we know more... -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-07-23 21:19:04
|
> >> I was able to reproduce the problem (yes I can compile again !!! thanks > >> SuSE :-)) ). Cool! :-) > >> A test compile is running with the latest patch-o-matic-ng. > > > > It it failed again, so that wasn't the problem. > > But I saw that I didn't have "Netfilter Updates" selected in menuconfig, > > this could be the problem. > > I started a new compile to see if this fixes the problem. > > OK that was not it, I now de-selected 'base' and 'extra' patches and use > only the minimum ( updates + pending ). > > A new compile is running, in a couple hours we know more... Let me know when it works and fixes are committed and I'll try it again. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-23 23:56:33
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>>I was able to reproduce the problem (yes I can compile again !!! thanks >>>>SuSE :-)) ). >>>> >>>> > >Cool! :-) > > > >>>>A test compile is running with the latest patch-o-matic-ng. >>>> >>>> >>>It it failed again, so that wasn't the problem. >>>But I saw that I didn't have "Netfilter Updates" selected in menuconfig, >>>this could be the problem. >>>I started a new compile to see if this fixes the problem. >>> >>> >>OK that was not it, I now de-selected 'base' and 'extra' patches and use >>only the minimum ( updates + pending ). >> >>A new compile is running, in a couple hours we know more... >> >> > >Let me know when it works and fixes are committed and I'll try it again. > > It's working now. It must be the 'base' patches, because the extra are currently commented out in the build script. Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-07-24 00:21:06
|
> >Let me know when it works and fixes are committed and I'll try it again. > > > > > It's working now. It must be the 'base' patches, because the extra are > currently commented out in the build script. What should I select, or not select for NF patches in menuconfig? - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-24 01:46:40
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>Let me know when it works and fixes are committed and I'll try it again. >>> >>> >>> >>> >>It's working now. It must be the 'base' patches, because the extra are >>currently commented out in the build script. >> >> > >What should I select, or not select for NF patches in menuconfig? > > It worked for me with everything except of 'base' and 'extra'. I hope you don't need any of those modules.... It could be necessary, that we add patch-o-matic again and a option in menuconfig to select between the old one and '-ng'. Heiko |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-26 11:26:20
|
Hey, you can now select the patch-o-matic base and extra patches again, the problem is fixed in CVS. cu Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-07-26 12:42:15
|
> you can now select the patch-o-matic base and extra patches again, the > problem is fixed in CVS. There was something weird with: scripts/config/patch-o-matic.exclude The first time I updated from CVS it said something about merging versions 1.1 and 1.2. I ran cvs update a couple more times, and every time it displayed: M scripts/config/patch-o-matic.exclude Then I deleted the file, ran cvs update again, and I guess it's OK now. Weird! - BS |