hzu...@ra... wrote:
> On 05/04/2004 12:16:47 PM Tim Tait wrote:
>
>>hzu...@ra... wrote:
>>
>>On 05/02/2004 07:43:36 PM Tim Tait wrote:
>>
>>
>>grsecurity stops to ask if I want the kernel stack base randomized - of
>>course, since I have the logs on, I don't see this, it just looks like
>>the build is hung. Am I misconfigured or is everyone getting this?
>>
>>
>>That is not supposed to happen.
>>
>>Is the parameter missing in the file / build / scripts / config /
>>config_grsecurity ?
>>Are you using Kernel 2.6 ?
>>
>>Heiko
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Still happens in a fresh build (got CVS updates from last night, with
>>new sources). A cvs diff now shows no changes in cvs.
>>
>
>>From the grsecurity log:
>
>> Randomize kernel stack base (CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PAX_RANDKSTACK)
>>[N/y/?] (NEW)
>>
>>There is no matching line in the config file. But I confess that stuff
>>gets me really confused - in seems in some cases the config file
>>doesn't need to have an answer, and in some it does???
>>
>>Anyway, adding it in before the CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PAX_RANDUSTACK line
>>fixed it.
>
>
> I'm starting a new compile from scratch, to see if I can reproduce the
> problem.
I was able to reproduce the problem, it's strange that it didn't come up
on my existing sytem.
The fix is in CVS.
Heiko
|