On 04/30/2004 01:39:30 PM Bruce Smith wrote:
>> My 4/28 build is also missing a ton of man pages... I did select to
>have
>> them on CD. Some made it. But lots (sshd, imapd.conf, cyrus.conf, and
>> many more) did not make it. Did this happen to others too?
>
>Yes, my 4/25 build has the same problem. Good catch!
>
>> I did select "no locales" on the build menu,
>
>I didn't, and I have the same problem.
>
>> but I think thats what I had selected in my previous build and came
>> out ok. I don't see any errors regarding man pages.
>
>I wonder if some script in the middle of "make install" is nuking the
>$CDDIR man directories ...
>
>A quick look makes me wonder about these scripts: acl, attr, xfsprogs
>Which all do this:
>
>cd $CDDIR || exit 1
>tar -xzf ...some.tar.file....
>copy_docs
>
>And "copy_docs" is run without a parameter, which defaults to "." as the
>first parameter. And copy_docs does this (in $CDDIR):
>
>BD=$1
>[ -z "$BD" ] && BD=$(pwd)
># a whole bunch of "cp" lines removed
>rm -rf $BD/{doc,man,info}
>rm -rf $BD/usr/{doc,man,info}
>rm -rf $BD/usr/local/{doc,man,info}
>rm -rf $BD/usr/share/{doc,man,info}
>rm -rf $BD/share/{doc,man,info}
>
>Am I reading this correctly? (if so, yikes! :)
Yes you found the problem.
I think there should be a if clause around those rm statements to make sure
nothing gets deleted under $CDDIR
Heiko
|