|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-04-22 15:55:26
|
Heiko, do you still need this one? https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=750035&group_id=34096&atid=410646 It has a high priority, but it's almost a year old. Reading about it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. It lags behind new releases of OpenSSH (there is no patch for current ssh vers right now), and has only been tested on systems that use PAM. Unless you still need it, I recommend we delete that feature request. - BS |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-22 16:10:35
|
Bruce Smith wrote on 22.04.2004 17:55 MET: > Heiko, do you still need this one? > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=750035&group_id=34096&atid=410646 > > It has a high priority, but it's almost a year old. > > Reading about it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. > It lags behind new releases of OpenSSH (there is no patch for current > ssh vers right now), and has only been tested on systems that use PAM. > > Unless you still need it, I recommend we delete that feature request. According to http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/projects/ the patch is up to OpenSSH 3.8p1 which is the latest release according to http://www.openssh.org/. If you follow the link "OpenSSH + SecurID HOWTO" to http://www.joerg.cc/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MySecurID-page there is even a reference to possible PAM modules. I don't have a SecurID Card so I can't test it either way. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-04-22 16:50:33
|
> > Heiko, do you still need this one? > > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=750035&group_id=34096&atid=410646 > > > > It has a high priority, but it's almost a year old. > > > > Reading about it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. > > It lags behind new releases of OpenSSH (there is no patch for current > > ssh vers right now), and has only been tested on systems that use PAM. > > > > Unless you still need it, I recommend we delete that feature request. > > According to > http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/projects/ > the patch is up to OpenSSH 3.8p1 Yup. > which is the latest release according to http://www.openssh.org/. Wrong. I updated OpenSSH on DL from 3.8p1 to 3.8.1p1 a few days ago. > If you follow the link "OpenSSH + SecurID HOWTO" to > http://www.joerg.cc/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MySecurID-page there is even a > reference to possible PAM modules. > > I don't have a SecurID Card so I can't test it either way. I can't test it either. I'm checking if anyone [still?] needs it. If not, let's forget it. It could be a pain waiting for this secureid to be updated the next time a security problem is fixed in OpenSSH. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-04-22 16:56:20
|
> Bruce Smith wrote on 22.04.2004 17:55 MET: > >> Heiko, do you still need this one? >> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=750035&group_id=34096&atid=410646 >> >> It has a high priority, but it's almost a year old. >> >> Reading about it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. >> It lags behind new releases of OpenSSH (there is no patch for current >> ssh vers right now), and has only been tested on systems that use PAM. >> >> Unless you still need it, I recommend we delete that feature request. > > According to > http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/projects/ > the patch is up to OpenSSH 3.8p1 which is the latest release according to > http://www.openssh.org/. > > If you follow the link "OpenSSH + SecurID HOWTO" to > http://www.joerg.cc/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MySecurID-page there is even a > reference to possible PAM modules. > > I don't have a SecurID Card so I can't test it either way. > Leave it in there, this is interesting for corporate environments. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-22 20:40:44
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 22.04.2004 18:55 MET: >>Bruce Smith wrote on 22.04.2004 17:55 MET: >> >> >>>Heiko, do you still need this one? >>>https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=750035&group_id=34096&atid=410646 >>> >>>It has a high priority, but it's almost a year old. >>> >>>Reading about it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. >>>It lags behind new releases of OpenSSH (there is no patch for current >>>ssh vers right now), and has only been tested on systems that use PAM. >>> >>>Unless you still need it, I recommend we delete that feature request. >> >>According to >> http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/projects/ >>the patch is up to OpenSSH 3.8p1 which is the latest release according to >>http://www.openssh.org/. >> >>If you follow the link "OpenSSH + SecurID HOWTO" to >>http://www.joerg.cc/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MySecurID-page there is even a >>reference to possible PAM modules. >> >>I don't have a SecurID Card so I can't test it either way. >> > > Leave it in there, this is interesting for corporate environments. Ok, Bruce, let's say we let the feature-request stay but add a comment saying that we will only apply it if there is a working pam module, as we do not want to have some extra dependency for OpenSSH just for that. Donations like the needed equipment to test the implementation of the whole SecureID thing would of course speed up the whole process from out side ;-) -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |