Alright, Alright, Alright, I RTFM but I just wasn't smart enough to put it together. I now realized that there are tmp/.done_* files that I much delete to have make perform what I want.
But now my question is, why is it done this way instead of depending upon the traditional make functionality for controlling this. I am sure that someone thought this out before implementing and I want to make sure that understand the advantages.
Thanks,
William
===================================
At last, I finally have a build of the CVS working on Fedora. While I don't know what I did wrong before, it works now.
But, now I have a new problem. I just completed a build using the defaul config file. In order to test making incremental changes and compiling. I ran make menuconfig and added selected the binutils. When I run make build, within a few seconds, the build is finished; but, binutils is not compiled. The time stamp on .config is newer than it was before. So I am guessing that I am missing some step (read trick :) ).
Any advice will be appreciated.
Cheers,
William
|