|
From: zszs <zs...@ma...> - 2004-04-13 19:41:30
|
Hi,
I have created the missing ez-ipupdate init script.
It has been derived from noip_updater init sript.
I have tested it and it works fine on my config, but it
would be better if someone else could do some testing.
Here it is:
#!/bin/bash
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: ez-ipupdate
# Required-Start: $network $syslog
# Required-Stop: $network $syslog
# Default-Start: 3 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 6
# Description: starts ez-ipupdate
### END INIT INFO
# settings
source /etc/sysconfig/config
# parameters
NAME="ez-ipupdate dynamic DNS update service"
CONFIGNAME=EZIP_UPDATE
DAEMON=/usr/bin/ez-ipupdate
CONFIGFILE="/etc/ez-ipupdate/ez-ipupdate.conf"
PARAMETER="-c $CONFIGFILE -F /var/run/ez-ipupdate.pid"
# source function library
source /etc/init.d/functions
eval START=\$START_$CONFIGNAME
# Determine the base and follow a runlevel link name.
base=${0##*/}
link=${base#*[SK][0-9][0-9]}
# Force execution if not called by a runlevel directory.
test $link = $base && START=yes
test "$START" = "yes" || exit 0
if [ ! -e $DAEMON ]; then
echo
echo "$DAEMON not found. Did you install the package?"
exit 1
fi
if [ ! -f $CONFIGFILE ]; then
echo
echo "Configuration: $CONFIGFILE not found."
exit 1
fi
case "$1" in
start)
echo -n "Starting $NAME: "
loadproc $DAEMON $PARAMETER
;;
stop)
echo -n "Shutting down $NAME: "
killproc $DAEMON
;;
restart)
$0 stop
sleep 1
$0 start
;;
*)
echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"
exit 1
;;
esac
------------
Two more things to modify:
1. Make links
# cd /etc/init.d/rc3.d
# ln -s ../ez-ipupdate K11ez-ipupdate
# ln -s ../ez-ipupdate S10ez-ipupdate
# cd /etc/init.d/rc5.d
# ln -s ../ez-ipupdate K11ez-ipupdate
# ln -s ../ez-ipupdate S10ez-ipupdate
2. Add two lines to /etc/sysconfig/config:
# Start EZIP_UPDATE?
START_EZIP_UPDATE=yes
--
ZsZs
|
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-14 00:46:09
|
Dear Mr./Mrs. Unknown!
zszs wrote on 13.04.2004 21:41 MET:
>
> I have created the missing ez-ipupdate init script.
> It has been derived from noip_updater init sript.
> I have tested it and it works fine on my config, but it
> would be better if someone else could do some testing.
First thanks for your contribution.
Second if possible send new files as attachment.
Third please for changes to existing files run
diff -u script.before script (that is then a real patch!)
Forth please use your real name.
> ...
> ------------
> Two more things to modify:
> 1. Make links
>
> # cd /etc/init.d/rc3.d
> # ln -s ../ez-ipupdate K11ez-ipupdate
> # ln -s ../ez-ipupdate S10ez-ipupdate
> # cd /etc/init.d/rc5.d
> # ln -s ../ez-ipupdate K11ez-ipupdate
> # ln -s ../ez-ipupdate S10ez-ipupdate
I have to corret you here, it's as simple as running:
insserv ez-ipupdate
> 2. Add two lines to /etc/sysconfig/config:
>
> # Start EZIP_UPDATE?
> START_EZIP_UPDATE=yes
--
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock
____________________________________________________________________
Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock
URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl...
____________________________________________________________________
|
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-04-14 02:20:21
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Dear Mr./Mrs. Unknown! > > zszs wrote on 13.04.2004 21:41 MET: > >> >> I have created the missing ez-ipupdate init script. >> It has been derived from noip_updater init sript. >> I have tested it and it works fine on my config, but it >> would be better if someone else could do some testing. > > > First thanks for your contribution. > Second if possible send new files as attachment. Yes as a attachment is best, please re-send it. Thanks Heiko |
|
From: Zsiros Z. <zs...@ma...> - 2004-04-14 06:39:07
|
2004-04-14, sze keltez=E9ssel 02:45-kor Friedrich Lobenstock ezt =EDrta: > Dear Mr./Mrs. Unknown! >=20 > zszs wrote on 13.04.2004 21:41 MET: > > > > I have created the missing ez-ipupdate init script. > > It has been derived from noip_updater init sript. > > I have tested it and it works fine on my config, but it > > would be better if someone else could do some testing. >=20 > First thanks for your contribution. > Second if possible send new files as attachment. > Third please for changes to existing files run > diff -u script.before script (that is then a real patch!) The "script.before" is missing. This is a new file. I can only make a diff on an empty file: # diff -u emptyfile ez-ipupdate >ez-ipupdate.patch I attach this kind of patch too. > Forth please use your real name. Sorry, my name is Zsolt Zsiros. > I have to corret you here, it's as simple as running: > insserv ez-ipupdate I have to learn DL ;-) >=20 > > 2. Add two lines to /etc/sysconfig/config: > > > > # Start EZIP_UPDATE? > > START_EZIP_UPDATE=3Dyes I attach this as patch (config.patch) Regards, Zsolt |