|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-09 01:35:10
|
Hi! I just fixed the patch-o-matic in the 1.1.x series. If you are now having troubles in the kernel compile stage, what you will hopefully not have, then please back out my patches and contact me. I have given it a basic compile test but not a full one yet. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-04-09 01:56:17
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Hi! > > I just fixed the patch-o-matic in the 1.1.x series. If you are now having > troubles in the kernel compile stage, what you will hopefully not have, > then please back out my patches and contact me. I have given it a basic > compile test but not a full one yet. > I'll start one over night. Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-09 08:09:58
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 09.04.2004 03:53 MET: > Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >> >> I just fixed the patch-o-matic in the 1.1.x series. If you are now having >> troubles in the kernel compile stage, what you will hopefully not have, >> then please back out my patches and contact me. I have given it a >> basic compile test but not a full one yet. >> > > I'll start one over night. I erronesly selected LVM2 but had only kernel 2.4 selected that's why my compile broke. BTW can't we limit LVM2 to kernel 2.6? -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-04-09 11:36:17
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >> Hi! >> >> I just fixed the patch-o-matic in the 1.1.x series. If you are now having >> troubles in the kernel compile stage, what you will hopefully not have, >> then please back out my patches and contact me. I have given it a >> basic compile test but not a full one yet. >> > > I'll start one over night. I have an error (with the default config): gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.25/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march =i586 -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include /data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.25/include/linux/modversions.h -nostdinc -iwithprefix include -DKBUILD_BASENAME=ipt_state -c -o ipt_state.o ipt_state.c gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.25/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march =i586 -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include /data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.25/include/linux/modversions.h -nostdinc -iwithprefix include -DKBUILD_BASENAME=ipt_connmark -c -o ipt_connmark.o ipt_connmark.c gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.25/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march =i586 -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include /data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.25/include/linux/modversions.h -nostdinc -iwithprefix include -DKBUILD_BASENAME=ipt_connlimit -c -o ipt_connlimit.o ipt_connlimit.c ipt_connlimit.c: In function `init': ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: `ip_conntrack_module' undeclared (first use in this function) ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: for each function it appears in.) ipt_connlimit.c:220: warning: value computed is not used ipt_connlimit.c: In function `fini': ipt_connlimit.c:227: error: `ip_conntrack_module' undeclared (first use in this function) ipt_connlimit.c:228: warning: value computed is not used make[3]: *** [ipt_connlimit.o] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.25/net/ipv4/netfilter' make[2]: *** [_modsubdir_ipv4/netfilter] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.25/net' make[1]: *** [_mod_net] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.25' Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-09 12:17:52
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 09.04.2004 13:35 MET: > Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >> >>> Hi! >>> >>> I just fixed the patch-o-matic in the 1.1.x series. If you are now >>> having >>> troubles in the kernel compile stage, what you will hopefully not have, >>> then please back out my patches and contact me. I have given it a >>> basic compile test but not a full one yet. >>> >> >> I'll start one over night. > > > I have an error (with the default config): > > ... > ipt_connlimit.o ipt_connlimit.c > ipt_connlimit.c: In function `init': > ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: `ip_conntrack_module' undeclared (first use > in this function) > ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only > once > ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: for each function it appears in.) > ipt_connlimit.c:220: warning: value computed is not used > ipt_connlimit.c: In function `fini': > ipt_connlimit.c:227: error: `ip_conntrack_module' undeclared (first use > in this function) > ipt_connlimit.c:228: warning: value computed is not used > make[3]: *** [ipt_connlimit.o] Error 1 I can verify this error. Will lock into it later. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-04-09 12:55:17
|
> Heiko Zuerker wrote on 09.04.2004 13:35 MET: >> Heiko Zuerker wrote: >> >>> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >>> >>>> Hi! >>>> >>>> I just fixed the patch-o-matic in the 1.1.x series. If you are now >>>> having >>>> troubles in the kernel compile stage, what you will hopefully not >>>> have, >>>> then please back out my patches and contact me. I have given it a >>>> basic compile test but not a full one yet. >>>> >>> >>> I'll start one over night. >> >> >> I have an error (with the default config): >> >> ... >> ipt_connlimit.o ipt_connlimit.c >> ipt_connlimit.c: In function `init': >> ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: `ip_conntrack_module' undeclared (first use >> in this function) >> ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only >> once >> ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: for each function it appears in.) >> ipt_connlimit.c:220: warning: value computed is not used >> ipt_connlimit.c: In function `fini': >> ipt_connlimit.c:227: error: `ip_conntrack_module' undeclared (first use >> in this function) >> ipt_connlimit.c:228: warning: value computed is not used >> make[3]: *** [ipt_connlimit.o] Error 1 > > I can verify this error. Will lock into it later. I will download the latest POM an give it a try, since we don't even know if the current POM + Kernel combination ever would have worked.... I post the results in a couple hours -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-09 14:03:49
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 09.04.2004 14:50 MET: >>Heiko Zuerker wrote on 09.04.2004 13:35 MET: >> >>>Heiko Zuerker wrote: >>> >>> >>>>Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >>>> >>>> >>>>>Hi! >>>>> >>>>>I just fixed the patch-o-matic in the 1.1.x series. If you are now >>>>>having >>>>>troubles in the kernel compile stage, what you will hopefully not >>>>>have, >>>>>then please back out my patches and contact me. I have given it a >>>>>basic compile test but not a full one yet. >>>>> >>>> >>>>I'll start one over night. >>> >>> >>>I have an error (with the default config): >>> >>>... >>>ipt_connlimit.o ipt_connlimit.c >>>ipt_connlimit.c: In function `init': >>>ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: `ip_conntrack_module' undeclared (first use >>>in this function) >>>ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only >>>once >>>ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: for each function it appears in.) >>>ipt_connlimit.c:220: warning: value computed is not used >>>ipt_connlimit.c: In function `fini': >>>ipt_connlimit.c:227: error: `ip_conntrack_module' undeclared (first use >>>in this function) >>>ipt_connlimit.c:228: warning: value computed is not used >>>make[3]: *** [ipt_connlimit.o] Error 1 >> >>I can verify this error. Will lock into it later. > > > I will download the latest POM an give it a try, since we don't even know > if the current POM + Kernel combination ever would have worked.... > > I post the results in a couple hours If you want to try out it the new POM applies cleanly before you get a full compile going do this: rm -fr tmp/linux-2.4* tmp/patch-o-matic* tmp/iptables-* ; \ tar -C tmp -xjf src/linux-2.4.25.tar.bz2; tar -C tmp -xjf \ src/patch-o-matic-20040319.tar.bz2; tar -C tmp -xjf \ src/iptables-1.2.9-20040319.tar.bz2 ; \ scripts/build.sh build prepare; \ scripts/build.sh build patch-o-matic 2>&1 | tee logfile AND before you do that please comment the section "# move troublesome patches away" in scripts/patch-o-matic and edit it move the failing patches away before you start the full run. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-09 22:04:33
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 09.04.2004 13:35 MET: > > I have an error (with the default config): > > ... > ipt_connlimit.o ipt_connlimit.c > ipt_connlimit.c: In function `init': > ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: `ip_conntrack_module' undeclared (first use > in this function) > ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only > once > ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: for each function it appears in.) > ipt_connlimit.c:220: warning: value computed is not used > ipt_connlimit.c: In function `fini': > ipt_connlimit.c:227: error: `ip_conntrack_module' undeclared (first use > in this function) > ipt_connlimit.c:228: warning: value computed is not used Do a "cvs update". server:~/devil-linux/1.1.x/lfssystem/data/build # cvs log -r 1.15 [...] ---------------------------- revision 1.15 date: 2004/04/09 21:47:40; author: friedl; state: Exp; lines: +4 -2 base/connlimit creates troubles, therefore we move it away hopefully the kernel compiles now ============================================================================= PS: I just started the compile, so I don't know if that really helps but still want to let you know. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-04-10 02:21:17
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 09.04.2004 13:35 MET: > >> >> I have an error (with the default config): >> >> ... >> ipt_connlimit.o ipt_connlimit.c >> ipt_connlimit.c: In function `init': >> ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: `ip_conntrack_module' undeclared (first >> use in this function) >> ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported >> only once >> ipt_connlimit.c:219: error: for each function it appears in.) >> ipt_connlimit.c:220: warning: value computed is not used >> ipt_connlimit.c: In function `fini': >> ipt_connlimit.c:227: error: `ip_conntrack_module' undeclared (first >> use in this function) >> ipt_connlimit.c:228: warning: value computed is not used > > > Do a "cvs update". > > server:~/devil-linux/1.1.x/lfssystem/data/build # cvs log -r 1.15 > [...] > ---------------------------- > revision 1.15 > date: 2004/04/09 21:47:40; author: friedl; state: Exp; lines: +4 -2 > base/connlimit creates troubles, therefore we move it away > hopefully the kernel compiles now > ============================================================================= > > > PS: I just started the compile, so I don't know if that really helps but > still want to let you know. > > The re-compile is running. Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-10 08:50:53
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 10.04.2004 04:17 MET: > Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >> Do a "cvs update". >> >> server:~/devil-linux/1.1.x/lfssystem/data/build # cvs log -r 1.15 >> [...] >> ---------------------------- >> revision 1.15 >> date: 2004/04/09 21:47:40; author: friedl; state: Exp; lines: +4 -2 >> base/connlimit creates troubles, therefore we move it away >> hopefully the kernel compiles now >> ============================================================================= >> >> >> PS: I just started the compile, so I don't know if that really helps >> but still want to let you know. > > The re-compile is running. Now iptables failes on my compile: make[1]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/iptables-1.2.9-20040319' Making dependencies: please wait... make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/iptables-1.2.9-20040319' make[1]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/iptables-1.2.9-20040319' Something wrong... deleting dependencies. make[1]: *** [../ipset/libipt_set.h] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/iptables-1.2.9-20040319' Hmmmm.... -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-04-10 13:46:15
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 10.04.2004 04:17 MET: > >> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >> >>> Do a "cvs update". >>> >>> server:~/devil-linux/1.1.x/lfssystem/data/build # cvs log -r 1.15 >>> [...] >>> ---------------------------- >>> revision 1.15 >>> date: 2004/04/09 21:47:40; author: friedl; state: Exp; lines: +4 -2 >>> base/connlimit creates troubles, therefore we move it away >>> hopefully the kernel compiles now >>> ============================================================================= >>> >>> >>> PS: I just started the compile, so I don't know if that really helps >>> but still want to let you know. >> >> >> The re-compile is running. > > > Now iptables failes on my compile: > > make[1]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/iptables-1.2.9-20040319' > Making dependencies: please wait... > make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/iptables-1.2.9-20040319' > make[1]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/iptables-1.2.9-20040319' > Something wrong... deleting dependencies. > make[1]: *** [../ipset/libipt_set.h] Error 1 > make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/iptables-1.2.9-20040319' > > Hmmmm.... > Strange... I recompile again, to see if I can confirm this problem. Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-10 14:06:20
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 10.04.2004 15:45 MET: > Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >> >> Now iptables failes on my compile: >> >> make[1]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/iptables-1.2.9-20040319' >> Making dependencies: please wait... >> make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/iptables-1.2.9-20040319' >> make[1]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/iptables-1.2.9-20040319' >> Something wrong... deleting dependencies. >> make[1]: *** [../ipset/libipt_set.h] Error 1 >> make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/iptables-1.2.9-20040319' >> >> Hmmmm.... >> > > Strange... > I recompile again, to see if I can confirm this problem. Wait. I'm working on reworking the POM patch "base/connlimit" which is the one breaking all this. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-04-10 14:26:17
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 10.04.2004 15:45 MET: > >> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >> >>> >>> Now iptables failes on my compile: >>> >>> make[1]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/iptables-1.2.9-20040319' >>> Making dependencies: please wait... >>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/iptables-1.2.9-20040319' >>> make[1]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/iptables-1.2.9-20040319' >>> Something wrong... deleting dependencies. >>> make[1]: *** [../ipset/libipt_set.h] Error 1 >>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/iptables-1.2.9-20040319' >>> >>> Hmmmm.... >>> >> >> Strange... >> I recompile again, to see if I can confirm this problem. > > > Wait. I'm working on reworking the POM patch "base/connlimit" which is > the one breaking all this. > killall make [1]+ Terminated nohup make mrproper unpack prepare build install iso dist Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-10 15:30:48
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 10.04.2004 16:22 MET: > Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >> Wait. I'm working on reworking the POM patch "base/connlimit" which is >> the one breaking all this. >> > > killall make > [1]+ Terminated nohup make mrproper unpack prepare build > install iso dist If you want to give it a try before I my compile finished, do "cvs update" and get this patched POM: ftp://ftp.fl.priv.at/pub/devil-linux/testing/patch-o-matic-20040409-patched-by-fl.tar.bz2 -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-10 19:33:19
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote on 10.04.2004 17:30 MET: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 10.04.2004 16:22 MET: > >> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >> >>> Wait. I'm working on reworking the POM patch "base/connlimit" which >>> is the one breaking all this. >>> >> >> killall make >> [1]+ Terminated nohup make mrproper unpack prepare build >> install iso dist > > > If you want to give it a try before I my compile finished, do "cvs > update" and get this patched POM: > ftp://ftp.fl.priv.at/pub/devil-linux/testing/patch-o-matic-20040409-patched-by-fl.tar.bz2 Now again we get stuck at the iptables compile. I have already tried the newest version from ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/iptables/snapshot/iptables-1.2.9-20040409.tar.bz2 but that did not fix the problem either. Still investigating. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-04-10 23:06:18
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Friedrich Lobenstock wrote on 10.04.2004 17:30 MET: > >> Heiko Zuerker wrote on 10.04.2004 16:22 MET: >> >>> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >>> >>>> Wait. I'm working on reworking the POM patch "base/connlimit" which >>>> is the one breaking all this. >>>> >>> >>> killall make >>> [1]+ Terminated nohup make mrproper unpack prepare >>> build install iso dist >> >> >> >> If you want to give it a try before I my compile finished, do "cvs >> update" and get this patched POM: >> ftp://ftp.fl.priv.at/pub/devil-linux/testing/patch-o-matic-20040409-patched-by-fl.tar.bz2 > > > > Now again we get stuck at the iptables compile. I have already tried the > newest version from > ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/iptables/snapshot/iptables-1.2.9-20040409.tar.bz2 > > but that did not fix the problem either. > > Still investigating. > I started my test compiled, I'll post the results tomorrow. Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-10 23:12:09
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 11.04.2004 01:04 MET: > Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >> Now again we get stuck at the iptables compile. I have already tried the >> newest version from >> ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/iptables/snapshot/iptables-1.2.9-20040409.tar.bz2 >> >> but that did not fix the problem either. >> >> Still investigating. >> > > I started my test compiled, I'll post the results tomorrow. I am currently probing which of the many POM patches is the one that breaks iptables, so I forsee that your compile will still break, sorry :-( -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-04-10 23:26:15
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 11.04.2004 01:04 MET: > >> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >> >>> Now again we get stuck at the iptables compile. I have already tried the >>> newest version from >>> ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/iptables/snapshot/iptables-1.2.9-20040409.tar.bz2 >>> >>> but that did not fix the problem either. >>> >>> Still investigating. >>> >> >> I started my test compiled, I'll post the results tomorrow. > > > I am currently probing which of the many POM patches is the one that > breaks iptables, so I forsee that your compile will still break, sorry :-( > No problem. I just try to support you with my compiles, because my build machine is bored right now. ;-) Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-10 23:17:15
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote on 10.04.2004 17:30 MET: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 10.04.2004 16:22 MET: > >> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >> >>> Wait. I'm working on reworking the POM patch "base/connlimit" which >>> is the one breaking all this. >>> >> >> killall make >> [1]+ Terminated nohup make mrproper unpack prepare build >> install iso dist > > > If you want to give it a try before I my compile finished, do "cvs > update" and get this patched POM: > ftp://ftp.fl.priv.at/pub/devil-linux/testing/patch-o-matic-20040409-patched-by-fl.tar.bz2 To get your compile thru deselect the netfilter base patches. More details to come. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-04-10 23:36:15
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Friedrich Lobenstock wrote on 10.04.2004 17:30 MET: > >> Heiko Zuerker wrote on 10.04.2004 16:22 MET: >> >>> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >>> >>>> Wait. I'm working on reworking the POM patch "base/connlimit" which >>>> is the one breaking all this. >>>> >>> >>> killall make >>> [1]+ Terminated nohup make mrproper unpack prepare >>> build install iso dist >> >> >> >> If you want to give it a try before I my compile finished, do "cvs >> update" and get this patched POM: >> ftp://ftp.fl.priv.at/pub/devil-linux/testing/patch-o-matic-20040409-patched-by-fl.tar.bz2 > > > > To get your compile thru deselect the netfilter base patches. > More details to come. We could also revert back to the last stable versions of pom and iptables. If I just could remember the reason why we had to use the latest one.... was it because of Kernel 2.6? Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-10 23:41:51
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 11.04.2004 01:32 MET: > Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >> To get your compile thru deselect the netfilter base patches. >> More details to come. > > We could also revert back to the last stable versions of pom and iptables. > If I just could remember the reason why we had to use the latest one.... > was it because of Kernel 2.6? Just hang on a little...allmost there, just 11 patches left to sort out. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-11 00:39:38
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote on 11.04.2004 01:41 MET: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 11.04.2004 01:32 MET: > >> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >> >>> To get your compile thru deselect the netfilter base patches. >>> More details to come. >> >> >> We could also revert back to the last stable versions of pom and >> iptables. >> If I just could remember the reason why we had to use the latest >> one.... was it because of Kernel 2.6? > > Just hang on a little...allmost there, just 11 patches left to sort out. Hope that this is it. Run "cvs update" and make sure you have the following sources: ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/iptables/snapshot/iptables-1.2.9-20040409.tar.bz2 ftp://ftp.fl.priv.at/pub/devil-linux/testing/patch-o-matic-20040409-patched-by-fl.tar.bz2 And remove the old ones of course ;-) -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-04-11 02:10:17
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Friedrich Lobenstock wrote on 11.04.2004 01:41 MET: > >> Heiko Zuerker wrote on 11.04.2004 01:32 MET: >> >>> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >>> >>>> To get your compile thru deselect the netfilter base patches. >>>> More details to come. >>> >>> >>> >>> We could also revert back to the last stable versions of pom and >>> iptables. >>> If I just could remember the reason why we had to use the latest >>> one.... was it because of Kernel 2.6? >> >> >> Just hang on a little...allmost there, just 11 patches left to sort out. > > > Hope that this is it. > > Run "cvs update" and make sure you have the following sources: > ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/iptables/snapshot/iptables-1.2.9-20040409.tar.bz2 > > ftp://ftp.fl.priv.at/pub/devil-linux/testing/patch-o-matic-20040409-patched-by-fl.tar.bz2 > > > And remove the old ones of course ;-) > Re-compile is running. Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-04-11 10:33:07
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 11.04.2004 04:06 MET: > Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >> Hope that this is it. >> >> Run "cvs update" and make sure you have the following sources: >> ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/iptables/snapshot/iptables-1.2.9-20040409.tar.bz2 >> >> ftp://ftp.fl.priv.at/pub/devil-linux/testing/patch-o-matic-20040409-patched-by-fl.tar.bz2 >> >> And remove the old ones of course ;-) > > Re-compile is running. It still breaks, but it looks much better now, as just an iptables extension breaks during compile. To finish the compile: pushd tmp/linux-2.4.25 patch -R --verbose -p1 < ../patch-o-matic-20040409/base/dstlimit.patch patch -R --verbose -p1 < ../patch-o-matic-20040409/base/osf.patch rm ./include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_osf.h # clean up - has size 0 rm ./net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_osf.c # clean up - has size 0 make clean popd rm -f tmp/.done_build_linux tmp/.done_build_iptables rm -fr tmp/iptables-1.2.9-* rm -fr src/iptables-1.2.9-* pushd src wget ftp://ftp.fl.priv.at/pub/devil-linux/testing/iptables-1.2.9-20040409-patched-by-fl.tar.bz2 popd tar -C tmp -xjf src/iptables-1.2.9-20040409-patched-by-fl.tar.bz2 and continue the build with make build If you've already done a "make mrproper" then you have to run "cvs update" and get the patches iptables before running "make build" again. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Peter F. <pe...@em...> - 2004-04-11 23:51:45
|
I noticed that Python has modules under: /build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3 and /build/tmp/Python-2.3.3/Lib WHat is the correct location? I need to add extra modules to Python. Thank you, Peter |