Heiko Zuerker wrote:
> Philippe Midol-Monnet wrote:
>
>>
>> I try tio build version 1.1 from scratch. But the builed process
>> failed during gcc compilation.
>> In the log file I have the following result:
>>
>> stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/i586-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -g -O2 -DIN_GCC
>> -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
>> -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.
>> -I../../gcc-3.3.2/gcc -I../../gcc-3.3.2/gcc/.
>> -I../../gcc-3.3.2/gcc/config -I../../gcc-3.3.2/gcc/../include -c
>> insn-recog.c \
>> -o insn-recog.o
>> xgcc: Internal error: Killed (program cc1)
>> Please submit a full bug report.
>> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
>> make[3]: *** [insn-recog.o] Error 1
>> make[3]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/gcc-build/gcc'
>> make[2]: *** [stage2_build] Error 2
>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/gcc-build/gcc'
>> make[1]: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/gcc-build'
>>
>> When I run the last command by hand (insn-recog.c compilation) it
>> works fine.
>>
>> Any idea ?
>
>
> Did you start with a fresh lfssystem ? If not do so and also update from
> CVS and FTP again.
>
> Sometimes you discover problems with computers while compiling DL, which
> are otherwise hidden. The problems can be bad RAM, wrong RAM timing,
> other BIOS settings. Try to use "safe" BIOS settings and replace the RAM
> if the problem persists.
I get around the problem. After the buid process failed, I launch by
hand the make in the temporary build directory. The build restart and
failed later. I relaunch the make as many time as necessary and it works!!
May be a problem with chroot ?? It seems a system resource became
either full, unavailable or saturate (disk, tmp, mem...?).
After that, I can restart the "make build" but I have another pb with
grub-0.93+cvs20031021 during configure phase the gcc option
-fno-stack-protector is unrecognised
I'm still investigating this..
--
Philippe Midol-Monnet
pmi...@so...
|