|
From: Roland P. <pa...@ta...> - 2004-03-13 16:01:26
|
Hi, I'm writing the scripts for apcupsd because I got one yesterday. apcupsd contains some cgi's which are normally copied to /etc/apcupsd/cgi/ . They are roughly 600KB in size and bzip2'd still 270 KB. IMHO it would be a waste of space to put them on a floppy, since they aren't scripts and not meant to be customized. What would be a good place? /usr/libexec/apcupsd ? Roland -- ICQ UIN 49339118 Linux Counter #88774 GPG-Key 1024D/59C6AFA6 2003-02-07 Roland Pabel <ro...@pa...> |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-03-13 16:21:16
|
Roland Pabel wrote: > Hi, > I'm writing the scripts for apcupsd because I got one yesterday. apcupsd > contains some cgi's which are normally copied to /etc/apcupsd/cgi/ . They are > roughly 600KB in size and bzip2'd still 270 KB. IMHO it would be a waste of > space to put them on a floppy, since they aren't scripts and not meant to be > customized. What would be a good place? > /usr/libexec/apcupsd ? I think this is a good location, just symlink it and we're OK. Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-03-13 18:20:25
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 13.03.2004 17:17 MET: > Roland Pabel wrote: > >> Hi, >> I'm writing the scripts for apcupsd because I got one yesterday. >> apcupsd contains some cgi's which are normally copied to >> /etc/apcupsd/cgi/ . They are roughly 600KB in size and bzip2'd still >> 270 KB. IMHO it would be a waste of space to put them on a floppy, >> since they aren't scripts and not meant to be customized. What would >> be a good place? /usr/libexec/apcupsd ? > > > I think this is a good location, just symlink it and we're OK. The SuSE 8.2 package has the following files: # rpm -ql $(rpm -qa|grep apc) /etc/apcupsd /etc/apcupsd/apccontrol /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf /etc/apcupsd/changeme /etc/apcupsd/commfailure /etc/apcupsd/commok /etc/apcupsd/hosts.conf /etc/apcupsd/mainsback /etc/apcupsd/multimon.conf /etc/apcupsd/onbattery /etc/init.d/apcupsd /sbin/apcaccess /sbin/apcnisd /sbin/apctest /sbin/apcupsd /sbin/powerflute /sbin/rcapcupsd /srv/www/cgi-bin/multimon.cgi /srv/www/cgi-bin/multimoncss.cgi /srv/www/cgi-bin/upsfstats.cgi /srv/www/cgi-bin/upsimage.cgi /srv/www/cgi-bin/upsstats.cgi /usr/lib/apcupsd /usr/lib/apcupsd/halt-setup.sh ...and some docs at /usr/share/doc/packages/apcupsd -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock.sc ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Roland P. <pa...@ta...> - 2004-03-13 22:03:47
|
On Saturday 13 March 2004 19:20, Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 13.03.2004 17:17 MET: > > Roland Pabel wrote: > >> Hi, > >> I'm writing the scripts for apcupsd because I got one yesterday. > >> apcupsd contains some cgi's which are normally copied to > >> /etc/apcupsd/cgi/ . They are roughly 600KB in size and bzip2'd still > >> 270 KB. IMHO it would be a waste of space to put them on a floppy, > >> since they aren't scripts and not meant to be customized. What would > >> be a good place? /usr/libexec/apcupsd ? > > > > I think this is a good location, just symlink it and we're OK. > > The SuSE 8.2 package has the following files: > [...] > /srv/www/cgi-bin/multimon.cgi > /srv/www/cgi-bin/multimoncss.cgi > /srv/www/cgi-bin/upsfstats.cgi > /srv/www/cgi-bin/upsimage.cgi > /srv/www/cgi-bin/upsstats.cgi I'm talking about these files... Do you want to create /srv/www ? IMHO /srv/www is equivalent to /shm/var/www, and that's not on the CD... Roland -- ICQ UIN 49339118 Linux Counter #88774 GPG-Key 1024D/59C6AFA6 2003-02-07 Roland Pabel <ro...@pa...> |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-03-13 22:11:18
|
Roland Pabel wrote: > On Saturday 13 March 2004 19:20, Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >>Heiko Zuerker wrote on 13.03.2004 17:17 MET: >> >>>Roland Pabel wrote: >>> >>>>Hi, >>>>I'm writing the scripts for apcupsd because I got one yesterday. >>>>apcupsd contains some cgi's which are normally copied to >>>>/etc/apcupsd/cgi/ . They are roughly 600KB in size and bzip2'd still >>>>270 KB. IMHO it would be a waste of space to put them on a floppy, >>>>since they aren't scripts and not meant to be customized. What would >>>>be a good place? /usr/libexec/apcupsd ? >>> >>>I think this is a good location, just symlink it and we're OK. >> >>The SuSE 8.2 package has the following files: >> > > [...] > >>/srv/www/cgi-bin/multimon.cgi >>/srv/www/cgi-bin/multimoncss.cgi >>/srv/www/cgi-bin/upsfstats.cgi >>/srv/www/cgi-bin/upsimage.cgi >>/srv/www/cgi-bin/upsstats.cgi > > I'm talking about these files... Do you want to create /srv/www ? > IMHO /srv/www is equivalent to /shm/var/www, and that's not on the CD... I would rather put it in /usr/libexec/apcupsd as suggested before. I don't like having a /srv directory Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-03-14 00:50:16
|
Roland Pabel wrote on 13.03.2004 23:03 MET: > On Saturday 13 March 2004 19:20, Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >>Heiko Zuerker wrote on 13.03.2004 17:17 MET: >> >>>Roland Pabel wrote: >>> >>>>Hi, >>>>I'm writing the scripts for apcupsd because I got one yesterday. >>>>apcupsd contains some cgi's which are normally copied to >>>>/etc/apcupsd/cgi/ . They are roughly 600KB in size and bzip2'd still >>>>270 KB. IMHO it would be a waste of space to put them on a floppy, >>>>since they aren't scripts and not meant to be customized. What would >>>>be a good place? /usr/libexec/apcupsd ? >>> >>>I think this is a good location, just symlink it and we're OK. >> >>The SuSE 8.2 package has the following files: >> > > [...] > >>/srv/www/cgi-bin/multimon.cgi >>/srv/www/cgi-bin/multimoncss.cgi >>/srv/www/cgi-bin/upsfstats.cgi >>/srv/www/cgi-bin/upsimage.cgi >>/srv/www/cgi-bin/upsstats.cgi > > I'm talking about these files... Do you want to create /srv/www ? > IMHO /srv/www is equivalent to /shm/var/www, and that's not on the CD... Ok, but does /usr/libexec/apcupsd fit the description at http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRLIBLTQUALGTALTERNATEFORMATLIBRARI What do you think about /usr/share/apcupsd? http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRSHAREARCHITECTUREINDEPENDENTDATA -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Roland P. <pa...@ta...> - 2004-03-14 02:01:48
|
On Sunday 14 March 2004 01:49, Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Roland Pabel wrote on 13.03.2004 23:03 MET: > > On Saturday 13 March 2004 19:20, Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >>Heiko Zuerker wrote on 13.03.2004 17:17 MET: > >>>Roland Pabel wrote: [...] > > > > I'm talking about these files... Do you want to create /srv/www ? > > IMHO /srv/www is equivalent to /shm/var/www, and that's not on the CD... > > Ok, but does /usr/libexec/apcupsd fit the description at > http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRLIBLTQUALGTALTERNATEFORMATL >IBRARI > > What do you think about /usr/share/apcupsd? > http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRSHAREARCHITECTUREINDEPENDEN >TDATA I could live with both /libexec/ and /share/. I also found the path /usr/lib/cgi-bin/ with two cgi's in it, haven't yet looked up which program creates it (guess it's apache)... Roland -- ICQ UIN 49339118 Linux Counter #88774 GPG-Key 1024D/59C6AFA6 2003-02-07 Roland Pabel <ro...@pa...> |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-03-14 15:41:22
|
Roland Pabel wrote: > On Sunday 14 March 2004 01:49, Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >>Roland Pabel wrote on 13.03.2004 23:03 MET: >> >>>On Saturday 13 March 2004 19:20, Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >>> >>>>Heiko Zuerker wrote on 13.03.2004 17:17 MET: >>>> >>>>>Roland Pabel wrote: > > [...] > >>>I'm talking about these files... Do you want to create /srv/www ? >>>IMHO /srv/www is equivalent to /shm/var/www, and that's not on the CD... >> >>Ok, but does /usr/libexec/apcupsd fit the description at >>http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRLIBLTQUALGTALTERNATEFORMATL >>IBRARI >> >>What do you think about /usr/share/apcupsd? >>http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRSHAREARCHITECTUREINDEPENDEN >>TDATA > > I could live with both /libexec/ and /share/. > I also found the path /usr/lib/cgi-bin/ with two cgi's in it, haven't yet > looked up which program creates it (guess it's apache)... I think Friedrich is right, /usr/share/apcupsd would make sense. I change my vote to this one. ;-) Heiko |