|
From: <hzu...@ra...> - 2004-02-02 13:59:34
|
Carefull, you replied to the list in German. ;-) On 02/02/2004 04:05:57 AM Oliver Jehle wrote: >ich habe ja nur 2.6 builds am laufen hier... und Python hat er gemacht >und installiert.. ich habs extra nochmals von hand mit > >configure ... >make >make install > >durchprobiert... fehlerfrei... I guess if have to re-run it, let's see what happens. Heiko |
|
From: <hzu...@ra...> - 2004-02-04 16:09:59
|
On 02/04/2004 08:30:35 AM Bruce Smith wrote: >> > > It failed again (fresh lfssystem) >> > > It looks like the compile runs through, it then fails during make >install. >> > >> > I ran a complete compile (new lfssystem) yesterday >> > Python compiled and installed fine for me. Strange ... >> >> with kernel 2.6 ??? i'm compiling and installing it also !! really >> strange... > >No, 2.4. I guess you said 2.6 in the foreign stuff you wrote in the >original message. I don't speak or read French. ;-) You are better be carefull here ! We're not French. I'm a Kraut and don't even know what the "insult-country-name" is for Oliver. Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-02-04 16:38:38
|
> >> > I ran a complete compile (new lfssystem) yesterday > >> > Python compiled and installed fine for me. Strange ... > >> > >> with kernel 2.6 ??? i'm compiling and installing it also !! really > >> strange... > > > >No, 2.4. I guess you said 2.6 in the foreign stuff you wrote in the > >original message. I don't speak or read French. ;-) > > You are better be carefull here ! We're not French. I thought that might get someone's attention. ;-> BTW, I never said you or Oliver were French. I never even said that anyone wrote French in an email. (although I can see how you might have got that implication) ;-) Yet the fact still remains: "I don't speak or read French." (or anything other language, other than English) :-) > I'm a Kraut and don't even know what the "insult-country-name" > is for Oliver. It's all Greek to me ... :-) (let's see how many nationalities I can piss off today...) ;-) - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-02-04 18:25:24
|
>> >> > I ran a complete compile (new lfssystem) yesterday >> >> > Python compiled and installed fine for me. Strange ... >> >> >> >> with kernel 2.6 ??? i'm compiling and installing it also !! really >> >> strange... >> > >> >No, 2.4. I guess you said 2.6 in the foreign stuff you wrote in the >> >original message. I don't speak or read French. ;-) >> >> You are better be carefull here ! We're not French. > > I thought that might get someone's attention. ;-> > > BTW, I never said you or Oliver were French. I never even said > that anyone wrote French in an email. (although I can see how you > might have got that implication) ;-) > > Yet the fact still remains: "I don't speak or read French." > (or anything other language, other than English) :-) > >> I'm a Kraut and don't even know what the "insult-country-name" >> is for Oliver. > > It's all Greek to me ... :-) > (let's see how many nationalities I can piss off today...) ;-) > > - BS You really deserve the BS as name. ;-) -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Oliver J. <oli...@mo...> - 2004-02-04 18:19:35
|
On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 16:26, hzu...@ra... wrote: > On 02/04/2004 08:30:35 AM Bruce Smith wrote: > >> > > It failed again (fresh lfssystem) > >> > > It looks like the compile runs through, it then fails during make > >install. > >> > > >> > I ran a complete compile (new lfssystem) yesterday > >> > Python compiled and installed fine for me. Strange ... > >> > >> with kernel 2.6 ??? i'm compiling and installing it also !! really > >> strange... > > > >No, 2.4. I guess you said 2.6 in the foreign stuff you wrote in the > >original message. I don't speak or read French. ;-) > > You are better be carefull here ! We're not French. I'm a Kraut and don't > even know what the "insult-country-name" is for Oliver. i'm nearly kraut.. i'm liechtesteiner :-) |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-02-02 23:06:18
|
hzu...@ra... wrote:
> Carefull, you replied to the list in German. ;-)
>
> On 02/02/2004 04:05:57 AM Oliver Jehle wrote:
>
>>ich habe ja nur 2.6 builds am laufen hier... und Python hat er gemacht
>>und installiert.. ich habs extra nochmals von hand mit
>>
>>configure ...
>>make
>>make install
>>
>>durchprobiert... fehlerfrei...
>
>
> I guess if have to re-run it, let's see what happens.
It failed again (fresh lfssystem)
It looks like the compile runs through, it then fails during make install.
Let's wait for the next Python release....
Heiko
Creating directory /data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/config
/bin/install -c -m 644 Modules/config.c
/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/config/config.c
/bin/install -c -m 644 Modules/python.o
/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/config/python.o
/bin/install -c -m 644 ./Modules/config.c.in
/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/config/config.c.in
/bin/install -c -m 644 Makefile
/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/config/Makefile
/bin/install -c -m 644 Modules/Setup
/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/config/Setup
/bin/install -c -m 644 Modules/Setup.local
/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/config/Setup.local
/bin/install -c -m 644 Modules/Setup.config
/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/config/Setup.config
/bin/install -c ./Modules/makesetup
/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/config/makesetup
/bin/install -c ./install-sh
/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/config/install-sh
./python -E ./setup.py install \
--prefix=/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr \
--install-scripts=/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/bin \
--install-platlib=/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload
\
--root=/
running install
running build
running build_ext
running build_scripts
running install_lib
creating /data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload
copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/_testcapi.so ->
/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload
error:
/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload/_testcapi.so:
Function not implemented
make[1]: *** [sharedinstall] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/Python-2.3.3'
|
|
From: Bruce S. <br...@ar...> - 2004-02-04 03:03:25
|
> It failed again (fresh lfssystem) > It looks like the compile runs through, it then fails during make install. I ran a complete compile (new lfssystem) yesterday Python compiled and installed fine for me. Strange ... - BS |
|
From: Oliver J. <oli...@mo...> - 2004-02-04 07:10:52
|
On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 19:32, Bruce Smith wrote: > > It failed again (fresh lfssystem) > > It looks like the compile runs through, it then fails during make install. > > I ran a complete compile (new lfssystem) yesterday > Python compiled and installed fine for me. Strange ... > > - BS with kernel 2.6 ??? i'm compiling and installing it also !! really strange... |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-02-04 13:30:43
|
> > > It failed again (fresh lfssystem) > > > It looks like the compile runs through, it then fails during make install. > > > > I ran a complete compile (new lfssystem) yesterday > > Python compiled and installed fine for me. Strange ... > > with kernel 2.6 ??? i'm compiling and installing it also !! really > strange... No, 2.4. I guess you said 2.6 in the foreign stuff you wrote in the original message. I don't speak or read French. ;-) - BS |