|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-01-22 01:51:15
|
Howdy folks, I had to revert back to busybox 1.0pre3 (again), since it still has mount problems. I even tried the current CVS version, but it still the same. This means Initrd module loading with Kernel 2.6 won't work anymore. cu Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-01-27 13:16:10
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 22.01.2004 02:48 MET: > Howdy folks, > > I had to revert back to busybox 1.0pre3 (again), since it still has > mount problems. I even tried the current CVS version, but it still the > same. > > This means Initrd module loading with Kernel 2.6 won't work anymore. Try pre-5. They seem to see pre-releases not as versions that mature but one where heavy work goes one. So I expect busybox to take a while to be mature again. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-02-01 17:06:16
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 22.01.2004 02:48 MET: > >> Howdy folks, >> >> I had to revert back to busybox 1.0pre3 (again), since it still has >> mount problems. I even tried the current CVS version, but it still the >> same. >> >> This means Initrd module loading with Kernel 2.6 won't work anymore. > > > Try pre-5. They seem to see pre-releases not as versions that mature > but one where heavy work goes one. So I expect busybox to take a while > to be mature again. I just tested pre6 and it's still not working properly. Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-02-01 17:12:18
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 01.02.2004 18:02 MET: > Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >> Heiko Zuerker wrote on 22.01.2004 02:48 MET: >> >>> Howdy folks, >>> >>> I had to revert back to busybox 1.0pre3 (again), since it still has >>> mount problems. I even tried the current CVS version, but it still >>> the same. >>> >>> This means Initrd module loading with Kernel 2.6 won't work anymore. >> >> >> >> Try pre-5. They seem to see pre-releases not as versions that mature >> but one where heavy work goes one. So I expect busybox to take a while >> to be mature again. > > > I just tested pre6 and it's still not working properly. Any details? -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-02-01 17:21:18
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 01.02.2004 18:02 MET: > >> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >> >>> Heiko Zuerker wrote on 22.01.2004 02:48 MET: >>> >>>> Howdy folks, >>>> >>>> I had to revert back to busybox 1.0pre3 (again), since it still has >>>> mount problems. I even tried the current CVS version, but it still >>>> the same. >>>> >>>> This means Initrd module loading with Kernel 2.6 won't work anymore. >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> Try pre-5. They seem to see pre-releases not as versions that mature >>> but one where heavy work goes one. So I expect busybox to take a while >>> to be mature again. >> >> >> >> I just tested pre6 and it's still not working properly. > > > Any details? Once the system is fully booted up, just execute a "mount". With the versions newer then pre3, you'll see that initrd and all sub-mounts didn't get umounted. Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-02-01 17:25:48
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 01.02.2004 18:19 MET: > Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >> Heiko Zuerker wrote on 01.02.2004 18:02 MET: >> >>> I just tested pre6 and it's still not working properly. >> >> Any details? > > Once the system is fully booted up, just execute a "mount". > With the versions newer then pre3, you'll see that initrd and all > sub-mounts didn't get umounted. Can you give me more details, kernel, output of mount, and so one, so I can report this on the busybox mailinglist. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-02-01 18:11:16
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 01.02.2004 18:19 MET: > >> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >> >>> Heiko Zuerker wrote on 01.02.2004 18:02 MET: >>> >>>> I just tested pre6 and it's still not working properly. >>> >>> >>> Any details? >> >> >> Once the system is fully booted up, just execute a "mount". >> With the versions newer then pre3, you'll see that initrd and all >> sub-mounts didn't get umounted. > > > Can you give me more details, kernel, output of mount, and so one, > so I can report this on the busybox mailinglist. > The problem is, it's hard to see anything. The only effect I see is that it's not unmounted, no error message, nothing. Heiko |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-02-01 18:16:20
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 01.02.2004 18:19 MET: > >> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >> >>> Heiko Zuerker wrote on 01.02.2004 18:02 MET: >>> >>>> I just tested pre6 and it's still not working properly. >>> >>> >>> Any details? >> >> >> Once the system is fully booted up, just execute a "mount". >> With the versions newer then pre3, you'll see that initrd and all >> sub-mounts didn't get umounted. > > > Can you give me more details, kernel, output of mount, and so one, > so I can report this on the busybox mailinglist. > Oh wait a minute, I know why I don't get an error message. I'll take another look at it, once I'm finished with lunch. cu Heiko |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-02-01 19:40:18
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >> Heiko Zuerker wrote on 01.02.2004 18:19 MET: >> >>> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >>> >>>> Heiko Zuerker wrote on 01.02.2004 18:02 MET: >>>> >>>>> I just tested pre6 and it's still not working properly. >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Any details? >>> >>> >>> >>> Once the system is fully booted up, just execute a "mount". >>> With the versions newer then pre3, you'll see that initrd and all >>> sub-mounts didn't get umounted. >> >> >> >> Can you give me more details, kernel, output of mount, and so one, >> so I can report this on the busybox mailinglist. >> > > Oh wait a minute, I know why I don't get an error message. > > I'll take another look at it, once I'm finished with lunch. Great.... now I can't reproduce the problem. Whatever, I update to pre6. Heiko |