|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-01-05 21:11:09
|
rap...@us... wrote on 05.01.2004 22:05 MET: > +- added non-blanking stuff to the sensors script (should be a good place) I personaly would prefer if I could enable the non-blanking stuff from /etc/sysconfig/config as I possibly will not be running lmsensors on every machine (quirks hardware). -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-01-05 23:29:58
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > rap...@us... wrote on 05.01.2004 22:05 MET: > >> +- added non-blanking stuff to the sensors script (should be a good >> place) > > > I personaly would prefer if I could enable the non-blanking stuff > from /etc/sysconfig/config as I possibly will not be running lmsensors > on every machine (quirks hardware). > Agreed, please make it optional. Heiko |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2004-01-05 23:51:07
|
On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 05:54:31PM -0500, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > > >>+- added non-blanking stuff to the sensors script (should be a good > >>place) > > > >I personaly would prefer if I could enable the non-blanking stuff > >from /etc/sysconfig/config as I possibly will not be running lmsensors > >on every machine (quirks hardware). > > > Agreed, please make it optional. about this... should i define an option on sysconfig/config and check the value on a script from init.d? a script only for that? -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / España |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2004-01-05 23:56:27
|
may i check-in this change? this plus the setterm fix will lead to a good way to monitor a system/router/server :) /etc/inittab -1:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty tty1 9600 +1:2345:respawn:env - TERM=linux /bin/procinfo -f -F /dev/tty1 -8:2345:respawn:env - TERM=linux /bin/procinfo -f -F /dev/tty8 -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / España |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-01-06 00:21:28
|
Diego Torres wrote: > may i check-in this change? this plus the setterm fix will lead to a good > way to monitor a system/router/server :) > > /etc/inittab > > -1:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty tty1 9600 > +1:2345:respawn:env - TERM=linux /bin/procinfo -f -F /dev/tty1 > -8:2345:respawn:env - TERM=linux /bin/procinfo -f -F /dev/tty8 I don't think this is a good idea to do this as default. Heiko |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2004-01-06 01:50:12
|
On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 07:16:23PM -0500, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >-1:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty tty1 9600 > >+1:2345:respawn:env - TERM=linux /bin/procinfo -f -F /dev/tty1 > > I don't think this is a good idea to do this as default. ooooohhHHH :))))) ok. np. -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / España |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-01-06 00:10:20
|
Diego Torres wrote: > On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 05:54:31PM -0500, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >>>>+- added non-blanking stuff to the sensors script (should be a good >>>>place) >>> >>>I personaly would prefer if I could enable the non-blanking stuff >> >>>from /etc/sysconfig/config as I possibly will not be running lmsensors >> >>>on every machine (quirks hardware). >>> >> >>Agreed, please make it optional. > > > about this... should i define an option on sysconfig/config and check the > value on a script from init.d? a script only for that? > Good point, this would actually make sense. On the other hand, it's probably a bit of an overkill. What about moving that stuff into the boot script, which is already existing. In case you do this, then you have to modify our master file build/config/etc/sysconfig/config. cu Heiko |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2004-01-06 01:57:41
|
On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 07:06:05PM -0500, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > On the other hand, it's probably a bit of an overkill. > What about moving that stuff into the boot script, which is already > existing. > In case you do this, then you have to modify our master file > build/config/etc/sysconfig/config. shit. late :) well, because setterm is living on util-linux, i've added some stuff to the util-linux script and the rest to a screenblanking script. that's because setterm blaking has to be run nearly at the end of the scripting/init.d progress. -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / España |