|
From: Tim T. <t....@co...> - 2003-12-31 20:31:09
|
I updated from CVS last night, and updated all source. The build wnet fine, but I have a few problems, maybe they are my fault: - smbmount does not work, returns error "/usr/lib/samba/charset/CP850.so: undefined symbol: smb_register_chgarset" when trying to mount an smbshare. - hotplug pci.rc does not have executable permissions, I assume it needs it? Thanks- Tim |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-31 20:46:17
|
Tim Tait wrote: > > I updated from CVS last night, and updated all source. The build wnet > fine, but I have a few problems, maybe they are my fault: There were a lot of changes lately, so I could have screwed it up, too. ;-) > > - smbmount does not work, returns error > "/usr/lib/samba/charset/CP850.so: undefined symbol: > smb_register_chgarset" when trying to mount an smbshare. Can't verify this one, can somebody else check on it. > - hotplug pci.rc does not have executable permissions, I assume it > needs it? That one is fixed in CVS. Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-12-31 20:51:35
|
> > - smbmount does not work, returns error > > "/usr/lib/samba/charset/CP850.so: undefined symbol: > > smb_register_chgarset" when trying to mount an smbshare. > > Can't verify this one, can somebody else check on it. I don't have any SMB shares to mount, but if I type just "smbmount" (no parameters) I get the same error: smbmount: relocation error: /usr/lib/samba/charset/CP850.so: undefined symbol: smb_register_charset - BS |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2003-12-31 21:03:05
|
On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 03:51:33PM -0500, Bruce Smith wrote: > I don't have any SMB shares to mount, but if I type just > "smbmount" (no parameters) I get the same error: > > smbmount: relocation error: /usr/lib/samba/charset/CP850.so: undefined symbol: smb_register_charset shit... that was working a couple of days ago :) -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / España |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-12-31 21:03:28
|
> smbmount: relocation error: /usr/lib/samba/charset/CP850.so: undefined symbol: smb_register_charset I did some google'ing on the error. Someone on the samba list had the same error, and the reply was: ".. it should always work if you have libiconv installed. Did configure detect libiconv and its headers?" I don't know what "libiconv" is, but it doesn't seem to be in /lib/ or /usr/lib/ on my DL box. Maybe we need it? - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-31 21:06:19
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>- smbmount does not work, returns error >>>"/usr/lib/samba/charset/CP850.so: undefined symbol: >>>smb_register_chgarset" when trying to mount an smbshare. >>> >>> >>Can't verify this one, can somebody else check on it. >> >> > >I don't have any SMB shares to mount, but if I type just >"smbmount" (no parameters) I get the same error: > >smbmount: relocation error: /usr/lib/samba/charset/CP850.so: undefined symbol: smb_register_charset > > Are you using your version without the security stuff ? This could probably be a problem with the new samba 3, I doubt that I have time to look into it soon. Can somebody else investigate ? Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-12-31 21:10:00
|
> >>>- smbmount does not work, returns error > >>>"/usr/lib/samba/charset/CP850.so: undefined symbol: > >>>smb_register_chgarset" when trying to mount an smbshare. > >>> > >>Can't verify this one, can somebody else check on it. > > > >I don't have any SMB shares to mount, but if I type just > >"smbmount" (no parameters) I get the same error: > > > >smbmount: relocation error: /usr/lib/samba/charset/CP850.so: undefined symbol: smb_register_charset > > > Are you using your version without the security stuff ? Yes. > This could probably be a problem with the new samba 3, I doubt that I > have time to look into it soon. > Can somebody else investigate ? Any idea what "libiconv" is, or if we need it? (see other reply) I could add the library if we need it. Other than that, it'd be hard for me to test it without a share to mount. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-31 21:31:19
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>>>- smbmount does not work, returns error >>>>>"/usr/lib/samba/charset/CP850.so: undefined symbol: >>>>>smb_register_chgarset" when trying to mount an smbshare. >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>Can't verify this one, can somebody else check on it. >>>> >>>> >>>I don't have any SMB shares to mount, but if I type just >>>"smbmount" (no parameters) I get the same error: >>> >>>smbmount: relocation error: /usr/lib/samba/charset/CP850.so: undefined symbol: smb_register_charset >>> >>> >>> >>Are you using your version without the security stuff ? >> >> > >Yes. > > > >>This could probably be a problem with the new samba 3, I doubt that I >>have time to look into it soon. >>Can somebody else investigate ? >> >> > >Any idea what "libiconv" is, or if we need it? (see other reply) > >I could add the library if we need it. Other than that, it'd be hard >for me to test it without a share to mount. > > I would say it looks like we need it. I adds unicode support, I'm pretty sure we need that somewhere else too. Please add it. Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-12-31 21:37:20
|
> >Any idea what "libiconv" is, or if we need it? (see other reply) > > > >I could add the library if we need it. Other than that, it'd be hard > >for me to test it without a share to mount. > > > I would say it looks like we need it. > I adds unicode support, I'm pretty sure we need that somewhere else too. > > Please add it. I added it. It compiles/installs fine, and is in CVS now, but I haven't had a chance to recompile samba to see if it fixes the problem. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-31 21:50:16
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>Any idea what "libiconv" is, or if we need it? (see other reply) >>> >>>I could add the library if we need it. Other than that, it'd be hard >>>for me to test it without a share to mount. >>> >>> >>> >>I would say it looks like we need it. >>I adds unicode support, I'm pretty sure we need that somewhere else too. >> >>Please add it. >> >> > >I added it. It compiles/installs fine, and is in CVS now, but I haven't >had a chance to recompile samba to see if it fixes the problem. > > That was fast! :-)) Heiko |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-31 21:15:17
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>smbmount: relocation error: /usr/lib/samba/charset/CP850.so: undefined symbol: smb_register_charset >> >> > >I did some google'ing on the error. Someone on the samba list had the >same error, and the reply was: > > ".. it should always work if you have libiconv installed. > Did configure detect libiconv and its headers?" > >I don't know what "libiconv" is, but it doesn't seem to be in /lib/ or >/usr/lib/ on my DL box. Maybe we need it? > > Yes this could be. Why isn't configure failing when this is not there..... :-( Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-12-31 21:21:02
|
> >>smbmount: relocation error: /usr/lib/samba/charset/CP850.so: undefined symbol: smb_register_charset > > > >I did some google'ing on the error. Someone on the samba list had the > >same error, and the reply was: > > > > ".. it should always work if you have libiconv installed. > > Did configure detect libiconv and its headers?" > > > >I don't know what "libiconv" is, but it doesn't seem to be in /lib/ or > >/usr/lib/ on my DL box. Maybe we need it? > > > > > Yes this could be. > Why isn't configure failing when this is not there..... :-( It appears to be optional in configure. http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/ http://freshmeat.net/projects/libiconv/ GNU libiconv provides an iconv() implementation for use on systems which don't have one or whose implementation cannot convert from/to Unicode. It supports all the important encodings in use today. Sounds like we might need it... - BS |