Tim Tait wrote:
> It looks like all I need to do to support the Promise PDC2026x IDE
> controller is enable some kernel options. I ran 'make menuconfig' in
> the kernel directory and picked what I hoped was the right stuff, but
> it looked like some of usual DL stuff was not set so I am a little
> worried. It told me to do 'make dep' next, but that failed, something
> about missing sources. So I ran a dl 'make clean' and 'make
> menuconfig' and 'make build' but I have no idea what exactly I am
> going to get. How does one check to see what really got put into the
> kernel?
>
> Is the right was to customize the kernel for DL? If I just want to
> enable a few things is there a better way? Thanks-
>
> Tim
>
> ps: The speed issue appears to have nothing to do with raid, it is a
> write speed problem. Looks like PIO is used for write (3.3MB/s), and
> UDMA (55MB/s) for read. Odd.
>
Just changing some kernel options end re-compiling the kernel doesn't
work very well.
Best way is to change the parameters and see if it correctly re-compiles
by executing
build/scripts/build.sh build opt=linux
When the compile runs fine, then you have to change the values in
build/scripts/config/config_linux and start over with a "make mrproper
unpack......"
I quickly checked the kernel config and the support for the Promise
controllers is in there.
Is the BIOS for the controller enable? Is there any quick-boot you could
disable ?
Heiko
|