|
From: Bruce S. <br...@ar...> - 2003-12-23 19:59:44
|
# cat /etc/Devil-release Devil-Linux 1.1.1-2003-12-21-i586-SMP # quotaon /home quotaon: using /home/aquota.user on /dev/devil-linux/homeq [/home]: No such process quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel. # grep home /etc/mtab /dev/devil-linux/homeq /home ext3 rw,quota 0 0 The "quota" parameter was given to the mount command, quotacheck, repquota, and "quota" commands work, but the quotas are never updated. - BS |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-12-23 20:38:39
|
> # quotaon /home > quotaon: using /home/aquota.user on /dev/devil-linux/homeq [/home]: No such process > quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel. # modprobe quota_v2 And now it works ... Maybe that should be compiled in the kernel instead of a module? - BS |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2003-12-23 20:42:56
|
Bruce Smith wrote on 23.12.2003 21:38 MET: >># quotaon /home >>quotaon: using /home/aquota.user on /dev/devil-linux/homeq [/home]: No such process >>quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel. > > > # modprobe quota_v2 > > And now it works ... > Maybe that should be compiled in the kernel instead of a module? Maybe you want to add a config option? Please keep the kernel as small as possible. Not everone will use quotas. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-12-23 20:50:37
|
> > # modprobe quota_v2 > > > > And now it works ... > > Maybe that should be compiled in the kernel instead of a module? > > Maybe you want to add a config option? Please keep the kernel as > small as possible. Not everone will use quotas. I have another idea. Remember back to the discussion about creating a /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab file for customizing the LVM disk names mounted at boot? I'm going to implement that, but before I do any mounts, I'm going to grep for "quota" as an mount option. If found, then I'll do the modprobe in that script. Sound like a plan? - BS |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2003-12-23 21:00:23
|
Bruce Smith wrote on 23.12.2003 21:50 MET: >> >>Maybe you want to add a config option? Please keep the kernel as >>small as possible. Not everone will use quotas. > > I have another idea. Remember back to the discussion about creating a > /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab file for customizing the LVM disk names mounted at > boot? Yes I know, I said I will do that, but I had not time and I'm still thinking about the best way to do it. I thought of transforming the /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab to /etc/fstab format in memory, merging it with the /etc/fstab there, sorting it according to the depth of the mountpoints and then running the mount. But have not found a clever way of doing it yet. > I'm going to implement that, but before I do any mounts, I'm going to > grep for "quota" as an mount option. If found, then I'll do the > modprobe in that script. That would be for sure the right place to do it. > Sound like a plan? If you do it then please also "grab" the feature-request and asign it to you. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-12-23 21:16:31
|
> >>Maybe you want to add a config option? Please keep the kernel as > >>small as possible. Not everone will use quotas. > > > > I have another idea. Remember back to the discussion about creating a > > /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab file for customizing the LVM disk names mounted at > > boot? > > Yes I know, I said I will do that, but I had not time and I'm still > thinking about the best way to do it. > > I thought of transforming the /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab to /etc/fstab format > in memory, merging it with the /etc/fstab there, sorting it according to > the depth of the mountpoints and then running the mount. But have not > found a clever way of doing it yet. I have a slightly different idea of how to handle it. > > I'm going to implement that, but before I do any mounts, I'm going to > > grep for "quota" as an mount option. If found, then I'll do the > > modprobe in that script. > > That would be for sure the right place to do it. > > > Sound like a plan? > > If you do it then please also "grab" the feature-request and asign it > to you. It took me awhile to find the feature request, and almost added one. Then I looked under "bugs" and found it there. :-) I grabbed it. - BS |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2003-12-23 21:26:08
|
Bruce Smith wrote on 23.12.2003 22:16 MET: >> >>I thought of transforming the /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab to /etc/fstab format >>in memory, merging it with the /etc/fstab there, sorting it according to >>the depth of the mountpoints and then running the mount. But have not >>found a clever way of doing it yet. > > I have a slightly different idea of how to handle it. How? -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-12-23 21:42:36
|
> >>I thought of transforming the /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab to /etc/fstab format > >>in memory, merging it with the /etc/fstab there, sorting it according to > >>the depth of the mountpoints and then running the mount. But have not > >>found a clever way of doing it yet. > > > > I have a slightly different idea of how to handle it. > > How? I was afraid you were going to ask that ... :-) Here's the new default /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab: (first column is the lv name under vg devil-linux) swap swap swap defaults 0 0 home /home auto defaults 0 0 opt /opt auto defaults 0 0 log /var/log auto defaults 0 0 spool /var/spool auto defaults 0 0 squid /var/squid auto defaults 0 0 tmp /var/tmp auto defaults 0 0 data /var/data auto defaults 0 0 imap /var/imap auto defaults 0 0 mail /var/mail auto defaults 0 0 Left as-is, the mountfs script will function exactly the same as it does now, using the lvmtab file for it's mount parameters (instead of being hard coded). LV's that don't exist will be silently skipped (as opposed to error messages if they were in fstab). As far as sorting by depth, it's not going to happen. The file will be read sequentially and people will have to add nested mounts in the correct order in lvmtab. This simply gives people the ability the add/change LV's, plus adding the ability so specify mount options (like "quota"). - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-23 23:00:19
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>>I thought of transforming the /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab to /etc/fstab format >>>>in memory, merging it with the /etc/fstab there, sorting it according to >>>>the depth of the mountpoints and then running the mount. But have not >>>>found a clever way of doing it yet. >>>> >>>> >>>I have a slightly different idea of how to handle it. >>> >>> >>How? >> >> > >I was afraid you were going to ask that ... :-) > >Here's the new default /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab: >(first column is the lv name under vg devil-linux) > >swap swap swap defaults 0 0 >home /home auto defaults 0 0 >opt /opt auto defaults 0 0 >log /var/log auto defaults 0 0 >spool /var/spool auto defaults 0 0 >squid /var/squid auto defaults 0 0 >tmp /var/tmp auto defaults 0 0 >data /var/data auto defaults 0 0 >imap /var/imap auto defaults 0 0 >mail /var/mail auto defaults 0 0 > >Left as-is, the mountfs script will function exactly the same as it does >now, using the lvmtab file for it's mount parameters (instead of being >hard coded). LV's that don't exist will be silently skipped (as opposed >to error messages if they were in fstab). > >As far as sorting by depth, it's not going to happen. The file will be >read sequentially and people will have to add nested mounts in the >correct order in lvmtab. > >This simply gives people the ability the add/change LV's, plus adding >the ability so specify mount options (like "quota"). > > Hold your horses ! We discussed it slightly different: All LVs get mounted under /var when they're not "special". You get a list of all available LVs in this folder: /proc/lvm/VGs/devil-linux/LVs/ We also have do be carefull, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would try to mount an LV e.g. under /some-mount-point and then complain it doesn't work. Of course it will not work, because they can't create the mount point on the CD.... Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2003-12-24 01:32:10
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 23.12.2003 23:55 MET: > Bruce Smith wrote: > >> Here's the new default /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab: >> (first column is the lv name under vg devil-linux) >> >> swap swap swap defaults 0 0 >> home /home auto defaults 0 0 >> opt /opt auto defaults 0 0 >> log /var/log auto defaults 0 0 >> spool /var/spool auto defaults 0 0 >> squid /var/squid auto defaults 0 0 >> tmp /var/tmp auto defaults 0 0 >> data /var/data auto defaults 0 0 >> imap /var/imap auto defaults 0 0 >> mail /var/mail auto defaults 0 0 >> >> Left as-is, the mountfs script will function exactly the same as it does >> now, using the lvmtab file for it's mount parameters (instead of being >> hard coded). LV's that don't exist will be silently skipped (as opposed >> to error messages if they were in fstab). >> As far as sorting by depth, it's not going to happen. The file will be >> read sequentially and people will have to add nested mounts in the >> correct order in lvmtab. >> >> This simply gives people the ability the add/change LV's, plus adding >> the ability so specify mount options (like "quota"). > > [...] > All LVs get mounted under /var when they're not "special". > You get a list of all available LVs in this folder: > /proc/lvm/VGs/devil-linux/LVs/ If we find a LV xyz in the VG devil-linux that is not listet in /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab we try to create /var/xyz/ and mount it there. Is that what you mean? > We also have do be carefull, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would try > to mount an LV e.g. under /some-mount-point and then complain it doesn't > work. Of course it will not work, because they can't create the mount > point on the CD.... That case can be handled by the script. We can even check the directory where the mount should occour and then check if the filesystem there is ro or rw. Good point. Better to prepare now before the users come asking for help where they shouldn't have gone in the first place ;-) -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-24 01:51:15
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 23.12.2003 23:55 MET: > >> Bruce Smith wrote: >> >>> Here's the new default /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab: >>> (first column is the lv name under vg devil-linux) >>> >>> swap swap swap defaults 0 0 >>> home /home auto defaults 0 0 >>> opt /opt auto defaults 0 0 >>> log /var/log auto defaults 0 0 >>> spool /var/spool auto defaults 0 0 >>> squid /var/squid auto defaults 0 0 >>> tmp /var/tmp auto defaults 0 0 >>> data /var/data auto defaults 0 0 >>> imap /var/imap auto defaults 0 0 >>> mail /var/mail auto defaults 0 0 >>> >>> Left as-is, the mountfs script will function exactly the same as it >>> does >>> now, using the lvmtab file for it's mount parameters (instead of being >>> hard coded). LV's that don't exist will be silently skipped (as >>> opposed >>> to error messages if they were in fstab). As far as sorting by >>> depth, it's not going to happen. The file will be >>> read sequentially and people will have to add nested mounts in the >>> correct order in lvmtab. >>> >>> This simply gives people the ability the add/change LV's, plus adding >>> the ability so specify mount options (like "quota"). >> >> >> [...] >> All LVs get mounted under /var when they're not "special". >> You get a list of all available LVs in this folder: >> /proc/lvm/VGs/devil-linux/LVs/ > > > If we find a LV xyz in the VG devil-linux that is not listet > in /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab we try to create /var/xyz/ and mount > it there. Is that what you mean? Yes, it was my understanding that we exactly do this. >> We also have do be carefull, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would >> try to mount an LV e.g. under /some-mount-point and then complain it >> doesn't work. Of course it will not work, because they can't create >> the mount point on the CD.... > > > That case can be handled by the script. We can even check the > directory where the mount should occour and then check if the > filesystem there is ro or rw. Good point. Better to prepare now > before the users come asking for help where they shouldn't have > gone in the first place ;-) yeah good point. Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-12-24 02:34:20
|
> >> All LVs get mounted under /var when they're not "special". > >> You get a list of all available LVs in this folder: > >> /proc/lvm/VGs/devil-linux/LVs/ > > > > If we find a LV xyz in the VG devil-linux that is not listet > > in /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab we try to create /var/xyz/ and mount > > it there. Is that what you mean? > > Yes, it was my understanding that we exactly do this. I can do that. So the only entries in the default lvmtab file are: /home /opt & swap ??? How is /proc/lvm/VGs/devil-linux/LVs/ different than /dev/devil-linux/ ? Or which is the best one to use? > >> We also have do be carefull, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would > >> try to mount an LV e.g. under /some-mount-point and then complain it > >> doesn't work. Of course it will not work, because they can't create > >> the mount point on the CD.... > > > > That case can be handled by the script. We can even check the > > directory where the mount should occour and then check if the > > filesystem there is ro or rw. Good point. Better to prepare now > > before the users come asking for help where they shouldn't have > > gone in the first place ;-) > > yeah good point. You can mount disks on existing directories on the CD, you just can't create new directories. (i.e. I can mount something under /mnt) So, if the directory doesn't already exist, try to create it. If it can't be created then display an error. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-24 02:46:15
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>>All LVs get mounted under /var when they're not "special". >>>>You get a list of all available LVs in this folder: >>>>/proc/lvm/VGs/devil-linux/LVs/ >>>> >>>> >>>If we find a LV xyz in the VG devil-linux that is not listet >>>in /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab we try to create /var/xyz/ and mount >>>it there. Is that what you mean? >>> >>> >>Yes, it was my understanding that we exactly do this. >> >> > >I can do that. So the only entries in the default lvmtab file are: >/home /opt & swap ??? > >How is /proc/lvm/VGs/devil-linux/LVs/ different than >/dev/devil-linux/ ? Or which is the best one to use? > > I don't know, pick one. ;-) >>>>We also have do be carefull, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would >>>>try to mount an LV e.g. under /some-mount-point and then complain it >>>>doesn't work. Of course it will not work, because they can't create >>>>the mount point on the CD.... >>>> >>>> >>>That case can be handled by the script. We can even check the >>>directory where the mount should occour and then check if the >>>filesystem there is ro or rw. Good point. Better to prepare now >>>before the users come asking for help where they shouldn't have >>>gone in the first place ;-) >>> >>> >>yeah good point. >> >> > >You can mount disks on existing directories on the CD, you just can't >create new directories. (i.e. I can mount something under /mnt) > Yeah, but you know that some users won't understand that logic. ;-) >So, if the directory doesn't already exist, try to create it. If it >can't be created then display an error. > > Yeah that should be the easiest way. Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2003-12-24 02:50:13
|
Bruce Smith wrote on 24.12.2003 03:34 MET: >>>>All LVs get mounted under /var when they're not "special". >>>>You get a list of all available LVs in this folder: >>>>/proc/lvm/VGs/devil-linux/LVs/ >>> >>>If we find a LV xyz in the VG devil-linux that is not listet >>>in /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab we try to create /var/xyz/ and mount >>>it there. Is that what you mean? >> >>Yes, it was my understanding that we exactly do this. > > > I can do that. So the only entries in the default lvmtab file are: > /home /opt & swap ??? Probably but why not put the standard LVs there too so the user has a place to lock at than to dig into the source of the script to find out where things get mounted. > How is /proc/lvm/VGs/devil-linux/LVs/ different than > /dev/devil-linux/ ? Or which is the best one to use? /proc/lvm/VGs/devil-linux/LVs/ is probably the cleaner way. Before a certain release of LVM it was not possible to get the info via that path, that's why I did stick with the "old" way when I did the current script. > You can mount disks on existing directories on the CD, you just can't > create new directories. (i.e. I can mount something under /mnt) > > So, if the directory doesn't already exist, try to create it. If it > can't be created then display an error. What I meant was if we have to creat a directory we might want to check first if the filesystem is read-only and display an error in this case. Can the mkdir fail because of something else? If not, then just checking if mkdir fails would do it too I think. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-12-24 02:56:45
|
> > I can do that. So the only entries in the default lvmtab file are: > > /home /opt & swap ??? > > Probably but why not put the standard LVs there too so the > user has a place to lock at than to dig into the source of > the script to find out where things get mounted. I'd rather add comments in the file explaining how it works. > > How is /proc/lvm/VGs/devil-linux/LVs/ different than > > /dev/devil-linux/ ? Or which is the best one to use? > > /proc/lvm/VGs/devil-linux/LVs/ is probably the cleaner way. Before > a certain release of LVM it was not possible to get the info via > that path, that's why I did stick with the "old" way when I did the > current script. OK. > > You can mount disks on existing directories on the CD, you just can't > > create new directories. (i.e. I can mount something under /mnt) > > > > So, if the directory doesn't already exist, try to create it. If it > > can't be created then display an error. > > What I meant was if we have to creat a directory we might want to > check first if the filesystem is read-only and display an error > in this case. Can the mkdir fail because of something else? If > not, then just checking if mkdir fails would do it too I think. I don't think it matters how mkdir fails. If it fails for any reason, the mount will not work, so we might as well just display the error. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-24 03:05:21
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Bruce Smith wrote on 24.12.2003 03:34 MET: > >>>>> All LVs get mounted under /var when they're not "special". >>>>> You get a list of all available LVs in this folder: >>>>> /proc/lvm/VGs/devil-linux/LVs/ >>>> >>>> >>>> If we find a LV xyz in the VG devil-linux that is not listet >>>> in /etc/sysconfig/lvmtab we try to create /var/xyz/ and mount >>>> it there. Is that what you mean? >>> >>> >>> Yes, it was my understanding that we exactly do this. >> >> >> >> I can do that. So the only entries in the default lvmtab file are: >> /home /opt & swap ??? > > > Probably but why not put the standard LVs there too so the > user has a place to lock at than to dig into the source of > the script to find out where things get mounted. I still think we should this make "automatic", either it's in lvmtab or it get's mounted under /var >> How is /proc/lvm/VGs/devil-linux/LVs/ different than >> /dev/devil-linux/ ? Or which is the best one to use? > > > /proc/lvm/VGs/devil-linux/LVs/ is probably the cleaner way. Before > a certain release of LVM it was not possible to get the info via > that path, that's why I did stick with the "old" way when I did the > current script. Yeah so let's use the proc >> You can mount disks on existing directories on the CD, you just can't >> create new directories. (i.e. I can mount something under /mnt) >> >> So, if the directory doesn't already exist, try to create it. If it >> can't be created then display an error. > > > What I meant was if we have to creat a directory we might want to > check first if the filesystem is read-only and display an error > in this case. Can the mkdir fail because of something else? If > not, then just checking if mkdir fails would do it too I think. > Agreed, checking if mkdir fails, should be the easiest way. Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <br...@ar...> - 2003-12-24 03:19:20
|
> >>> Yes, it was my understanding that we exactly do this. > >> > >> I can do that. So the only entries in the default lvmtab file are: > >> /home /opt & swap ??? > > > > Probably but why not put the standard LVs there too so the > > user has a place to lock at than to dig into the source of > > the script to find out where things get mounted. > > I still think we should this make "automatic", either it's in lvmtab or > it get's mounted under /var Yes, I'll all "#" comments and we can explain that. Now to make a fairly simple script more complicated ... what about fsck? The checkfs script isn't going to do it. And it's not easy because they aren't listed in fstab. What's the best way to handle fsck's? - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-24 03:35:16
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>>>Yes, it was my understanding that we exactly do this. >>>>> >>>>> >>>>I can do that. So the only entries in the default lvmtab file are: >>>>/home /opt & swap ??? >>>> >>>> >>>Probably but why not put the standard LVs there too so the >>>user has a place to lock at than to dig into the source of >>>the script to find out where things get mounted. >>> >>> >>I still think we should this make "automatic", either it's in lvmtab or >>it get's mounted under /var >> >> > >Yes, I'll all "#" comments and we can explain that. > >Now to make a fairly simple script more complicated ... >what about fsck? The checkfs script isn't going to do it. >And it's not easy because they aren't listed in fstab. >What's the best way to handle fsck's? > > Very good question. Reiserfs for example shouldn't need a fsck, I know that ext2/3 will complain after a while.... To be honest, I don't think that our checkfs is doing anything (take a look in it). I copied it a long long time ago from LFS and never ever touch it again..... Heiko P.S. I'm going offline now, 'night ! |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2003-12-24 03:47:11
|
Bruce Smith wrote on 24.12.2003 04:19 MET: > Now to make a fairly simple script more complicated ... > what about fsck? The checkfs script isn't going to do it. > And it's not easy because they aren't listed in fstab. > What's the best way to handle fsck's? That's one of the points I wanted to do the fstab list in the script in memory to eg. run the fsck in the correct order. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-24 14:01:17
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Bruce Smith wrote on 24.12.2003 04:19 MET: > >> Now to make a fairly simple script more complicated ... what about >> fsck? The checkfs script isn't going to do it. >> And it's not easy because they aren't listed in fstab. >> What's the best way to handle fsck's? > > > That's one of the points I wanted to do the fstab list in > the script in memory to eg. run the fsck in the correct order. > We could define the order this way: first check everything in lvmtab and then the rest. I also create a "bug" on sourceforge, that the checkfs script is not working properly, so we won't forgett it again. Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-12-24 14:34:41
|
> >> Now to make a fairly simple script more complicated ... what about > >> fsck? The checkfs script isn't going to do it. > >> And it's not easy because they aren't listed in fstab. > >> What's the best way to handle fsck's? > > > > That's one of the points I wanted to do the fstab list in > > the script in memory to eg. run the fsck in the correct order. > > > We could define the order this way: first check everything in lvmtab and > then the rest. Yeah, that's what I was thinking late last night. Now to rewrite it ... :-) > I also create a "bug" on sourceforge, that the checkfs script is not > working properly, so we won't forgett it again. I think I figured it out. I put a fsck right before every mount. It seems to work fine for ext3, checking only when needed. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-24 15:01:21
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>I also create a "bug" on sourceforge, that the checkfs script is not >>working properly, so we won't forgett it again. >> >> > >I think I figured it out. I put a fsck right before every mount. >It seems to work fine for ext3, checking only when needed. > > Once the changes are done, I can check how it behaves on my reiserfs. Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <br...@ar...> - 2003-12-26 03:23:07
|
> >>I also create a "bug" on sourceforge, that the checkfs script is not > >>working properly, so we won't forgett it again. > > > >I think I figured it out. I put a fsck right before every mount. > >It seems to work fine for ext3, checking only when needed. > > > Once the changes are done, I can check how it behaves on my reiserfs. Give it a try. The first draft is checked in. (and cross your fingers :) - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-26 03:46:17
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>>I also create a "bug" on sourceforge, that the checkfs script is not >>>>working properly, so we won't forgett it again. >>>> >>>> >>>I think I figured it out. I put a fsck right before every mount. >>>It seems to work fine for ext3, checking only when needed. >>> >>> >>> >>Once the changes are done, I can check how it behaves on my reiserfs. >> >> > >Give it a try. The first draft is checked in. >(and cross your fingers :) > > OK I'll updated my stuff, I hope my compile runs through this time, then I can try it on my server. I hope you know, when your new script fucks up my server, then I;ll pay you a visit.... ;-) Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-12-26 03:54:58
|
> >>Once the changes are done, I can check how it behaves on my reiserfs. > > > >Give it a try. The first draft is checked in. > >(and cross your fingers :) > > > OK I'll updated my stuff, I hope my compile runs through this time, then > I can try it on my server. > > I hope you know, when your new script fucks up my server, then I;ll pay > you a visit.... ;-) Cool, you can stay in our guest room! :-) - BS |