|
From: <hzu...@ra...> - 2003-12-16 18:39:52
|
Hey,
I would suggest you do it similar to wait I do with the kernel patches,
since this is better when you have to apply multiple patches.
I have one tarball kernel-patches.tar.bz2 which I keep up to date.
Here are the magic lines (you find it in the file prepare):
if [ ! -f devil-linux-kernel-patches.done ]; then
touch devil-linux-kernel-patches.done
for PATCH in $(ls $WORKDIR/kernel-patches/* 2>
/dev/null )
do
echo applying patch: $PATCH
patch -p1 -i $PATCH || exit 1
done
fi
When the patches need to be installed in a specific order, just rename them
with a number in front:
01_first_patch
02_second_patch
and so on
cu
Heiko
|
|
From: Martin G. <sou...@gl...> - 2003-12-23 07:37:06
|
On December 16, 2003 11:25 am, hzu...@ra... wrote: > Hey, > > I would suggest you do it similar to wait I do with the kernel patches, > since this is better when you have to apply multiple patches. > I have one tarball kernel-patches.tar.bz2 which I keep up to date. > That will make things easier... > Here are the magic lines (you find it in the file prepare): > if [ ! -f devil-linux-kernel-patches.done ]; then > touch devil-linux-kernel-patches.done > for PATCH in $(ls $WORKDIR/kernel-patches/* 2> > /dev/null ) > do > echo applying patch: $PATCH > patch -p1 -i $PATCH || exit 1 > done > fi > > When the patches need to be installed in a specific order, just rename them > with a number in front: > 01_first_patch > 02_second_patch > and so on > The problem I am having is not so much the order of the patches, but rather that some of them have to be patched with p0 and some with p1. I suppose I could always redo the exception patch file, but I'de rather not mess with it as they are not mine. Is there any other elegant way of fixing a p0/p1 patch file? Martin |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2003-12-23 12:39:09
|
Martin Glazer wrote on 23.12.2003 08:37 MET: > On December 16, 2003 11:25 am, hzu...@ra... wrote: > >>Here are the magic lines (you find it in the file prepare): >> if [ ! -f devil-linux-kernel-patches.done ]; then >> touch devil-linux-kernel-patches.done >> for PATCH in $(ls $WORKDIR/kernel-patches/* 2> >>/dev/null ) >> do >> echo applying patch: $PATCH >> patch -p1 -i $PATCH || exit 1 >> done >> fi >> >>When the patches need to be installed in a specific order, just rename them >>with a number in front: >>01_first_patch >>02_second_patch >>and so on >> > > > The problem I am having is not so much the order of the patches, but rather > that some of them have to be patched with p0 and some with p1. I suppose I > could always redo the exception patch file, but I'de rather not mess with it > as they are not mine. > > Is there any other elegant way of fixing a p0/p1 patch file? Create subdirs p0, p1 and so one where you put the patches and then you know which patches should be applied which way. Just a thought. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-23 14:16:19
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Martin Glazer wrote on 23.12.2003 08:37 MET: > >> On December 16, 2003 11:25 am, hzu...@ra... wrote: >> >>> Here are the magic lines (you find it in the file prepare): >>> if [ ! -f devil-linux-kernel-patches.done ]; then >>> touch devil-linux-kernel-patches.done >>> for PATCH in $(ls $WORKDIR/kernel-patches/* 2> >>> /dev/null ) >>> do >>> echo applying patch: $PATCH >>> patch -p1 -i $PATCH || exit 1 >>> done >>> fi >>> >>> When the patches need to be installed in a specific order, just >>> rename them >>> with a number in front: >>> 01_first_patch >>> 02_second_patch >>> and so on >>> >> >> >> The problem I am having is not so much the order of the patches, but >> rather that some of them have to be patched with p0 and some with p1. >> I suppose I could always redo the exception patch file, but I'de >> rather not mess with it as they are not mine. >> >> Is there any other elegant way of fixing a p0/p1 patch file? > > > Create subdirs p0, p1 and so one where you put the patches and then > you know which patches should be applied which way. Just a thought. > I should first check if somebody already posted an answer.... ;-) Heiko |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-23 14:16:19
|
Martin Glazer wrote: >>Here are the magic lines (you find it in the file prepare): >> if [ ! -f devil-linux-kernel-patches.done ]; then >> touch devil-linux-kernel-patches.done >> for PATCH in $(ls $WORKDIR/kernel-patches/* 2> >>/dev/null ) >> do >> echo applying patch: $PATCH >> patch -p1 -i $PATCH || exit 1 >> done >> fi >> >>When the patches need to be installed in a specific order, just rename them >>with a number in front: >>01_first_patch >>02_second_patch >>and so on >> >> >> > >The problem I am having is not so much the order of the patches, but rather >that some of them have to be patched with p0 and some with p1. I suppose I >could always redo the exception patch file, but I'de rather not mess with it >as they are not mine. > >Is there any other elegant way of fixing a p0/p1 patch file? > > Put them in 2 different folders: yourpatchset/p0 yourpatchset/p1 But that only works when the order doesn't matter, but you said this is your case anyway. Heiko |