|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2003-12-20 14:10:52
|
two bug compile reports in one mail :) on a fresh lfssystem: executing linux with option build (in /data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.23) fblogo: error while loading shared libraries: libpng.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory ERROR /data/build/scripts/linux build failed check log file for details make: *** [build] Error 1 looks like we need to do ldconf before running fblogo build (libpng.so.3 is on /usr/local/lib, that is declared on /etc/ld.so.conf) and the worst error: gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.23/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 -nostdinc -iwithprefix include -DKBUILD_BASENAME=fbcon -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c fbcon.c In file included from fbcon.c:101: /data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.23/include/asm/linux_logo.h:26:30: linux/linux_logo.h: No such file or directory fbcon.c: In function `fbcon_show_logo': fbcon.c:2157: error: `LINUX_LOGO_COLORS' undeclared (first use in this function) fbcon.c:2157: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once fbcon.c:2157: error: for each function it appears in.) fbcon.c:2165: error: `linux_logo_red' undeclared (first use in this function) fbcon.c:2167: error: `linux_logo_green' undeclared (first use in this function) fbcon.c:2169: error: `linux_logo_blue' undeclared (first use in this function) fbcon.c:2177: error: `linux_logo' undeclared (first use in this function) fbcon.c:2181: error: `linux_logo16' undeclared (first use in this function) fbcon.c:2185: error: `linux_logo_bw' undeclared (first use in this function) make[4]: *** [fbcon.o] Error 1 make[4]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.23/drivers/video' make[3]: *** [first_rule] Error 2 make[3]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.23/drivers/video' make[2]: *** [_subdir_video] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.23/drivers' make[1]: *** [_dir_drivers] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.23' ERROR /data/build/scripts/linux build failed check log file for details make: *** [build] Error 1 kernel doesn't compile... -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / España |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-20 14:56:17
|
Diego Torres wrote: >two bug compile reports in one mail :) > >on a fresh lfssystem: > Yeah I need to do that soon, too. >executing linux with option build (in /data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.23) >fblogo: error while loading shared libraries: libpng.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory >ERROR >/data/build/scripts/linux build failed >check log file for details >make: *** [build] Error 1 > >looks like we need to do ldconf before running fblogo build (libpng.so.3 is on /usr/local/lib, that is declared on /etc/ld.so.conf) > > > I changed the script it will be installed in /usr I'll also check if there's more in /usr/loca/ Heiko |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2003-12-20 16:14:45
|
On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 09:54:18AM -0500, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >/data/build/scripts/linux build failed > >check log file for details > >make: *** [build] Error 1 > > > >looks like we need to do ldconf before running fblogo build (libpng.so.3 > >is on /usr/local/lib, that is declared on /etc/ld.so.conf) > > > I changed the script it will be installed in /usr > I'll also check if there's more in /usr/loca/ it was fixed with my last commit (ldconfig on the fbcon script). i'll revert it. -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / España |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-20 16:45:16
|
Diego Torres wrote: >On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 09:54:18AM -0500, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > >>>/data/build/scripts/linux build failed >>>check log file for details >>>make: *** [build] Error 1 >>> >>>looks like we need to do ldconf before running fblogo build (libpng.so.3 >>>is on /usr/local/lib, that is declared on /etc/ld.so.conf) >>> >>> >>> >>I changed the script it will be installed in /usr >>I'll also check if there's more in /usr/loca/ >> >> > >it was fixed with my last commit (ldconfig on the fbcon script). i'll revert it. > > > > I don't know if my change fixes it, I did it more because it's supposed to be in /usr and not in /usr/local Heiko |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-20 15:06:22
|
Diego Torres wrote: >and the worst error: > >gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.23/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 -nostdinc -iwithprefix include -DKBUILD_BASENAME=fbcon -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c fbcon.c >In file included from fbcon.c:101: >/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.23/include/asm/linux_logo.h:26:30: linux/linux_logo.h: No such file or directory >fbcon.c: In function `fbcon_show_logo': >fbcon.c:2157: error: `LINUX_LOGO_COLORS' undeclared (first use in this function) >fbcon.c:2157: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once >fbcon.c:2157: error: for each function it appears in.) >fbcon.c:2165: error: `linux_logo_red' undeclared (first use in this function) >fbcon.c:2167: error: `linux_logo_green' undeclared (first use in this function) >fbcon.c:2169: error: `linux_logo_blue' undeclared (first use in this function) >fbcon.c:2177: error: `linux_logo' undeclared (first use in this function) >fbcon.c:2181: error: `linux_logo16' undeclared (first use in this function) >fbcon.c:2185: error: `linux_logo_bw' undeclared (first use in this function) >make[4]: *** [fbcon.o] Error 1 >make[4]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.23/drivers/video' >make[3]: *** [first_rule] Error 2 >make[3]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.23/drivers/video' >make[2]: *** [_subdir_video] Error 2 >make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.23/drivers' >make[1]: *** [_dir_drivers] Error 2 >make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/linux-2.4.23' >ERROR >/data/build/scripts/linux build failed >check log file for details >make: *** [build] Error 1 > >kernel doesn't compile... > > > I don't know anything about this one and I'm actually too scared to start a recompile of the Kernel. ;-) Heiko |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2003-12-20 16:14:15
|
On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 10:02:11AM -0500, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >/data/build/scripts/linux build failed > >check log file for details > >make: *** [build] Error 1 > > > >kernel doesn't compile... > > > I don't know anything about this one and I'm actually too scared to > start a recompile of the Kernel. ;-) looks like a bad version/not updated version of fblogo. could you disable it so i could recompile everything from scratch? -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / España |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-20 16:46:15
|
Diego Torres wrote: >On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 10:02:11AM -0500, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > > >>>/data/build/scripts/linux build failed >>>check log file for details >>>make: *** [build] Error 1 >>> >>>kernel doesn't compile... >>> >>> >>> >>I don't know anything about this one and I'm actually too scared to >>start a recompile of the Kernel. ;-) >> >> > >looks like a bad version/not updated version of fblogo. could you disable it so >i could recompile everything from scratch? > > > Bruce, what 'ya say'in ? Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <br...@ar...> - 2003-12-20 18:06:34
|
> >>>/data/build/scripts/linux build failed > >>>check log file for details > >>>make: *** [build] Error 1 > >>> > >>>kernel doesn't compile... > >>> > >>I don't know anything about this one and I'm actually too scared to > >>start a recompile of the Kernel. ;-) > > > >looks like a bad version/not updated version of fblogo. could you disable it so > >i could recompile everything from scratch? > > > Bruce, what 'ya say'in ? I say "dammit" :-) I think if you started over with mrproper with the libpng/ldconfig fix, it should work. I'll try it from here. If you want to manually continue from the abort, do this manually: cd tmp/linux-2.4.23/include/linux mv linux_logo.h.org linux_logo.h touch linux_logo.h.org And that'll fool the kernel script into skipping the fblogo stuff. I also fixed the kernel script to work even if fblogo doesn't compile correctly (will use old logo). - BS |