|
From: <hzu...@ra...> - 2003-12-12 14:36:48
|
On 12/11/2003 12:31:01 PM Diego Torres wrote: >On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 08:33:33AM -0500, hzu...@ra... >wrote: > >> Kernel 2.4.23 > >that's great :) but it's also a dangerous thing. are you sure that it >compiles without problems? mainly, the i2c patches (lmsensor stuff) and >the alsa modules are very closely related to the kernel version. i2c and lmsensors works, I couldn't try the alsa stuff. That will be you're problem. ;-) There were a lot of updates for alsa lately, I'm pretty sure one of them was for 2.4.23. >did you check for rejection files on the resulting compilation? Nope. If it doesn't fail, I don't check it. ;-) Heiko |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2003-12-12 14:53:10
|
On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 09:34:01AM -0500, hzu...@ra... wrote: > >that's great :) but it's also a dangerous thing. are you sure that it > >compiles without problems? mainly, the i2c patches (lmsensor stuff) and > >the alsa modules are very closely related to the kernel version. > > i2c and lmsensors works, I couldn't try the alsa stuff. That will be you're > problem. ;-) it's fair :) i'll check it, but come on and commit! :) > There were a lot of updates for alsa lately, I'm pretty sure one of them > was for 2.4.23. they're going to release alsa 1.0. surely it'll be 2.4.23 enabled :) > >did you check for rejection files on the resulting compilation? > > Nope. If it doesn't fail, I don't check it. ;-) ops, extra care should be used when patching so many things... i want to test everything just now :) -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / España |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-14 12:36:21
|
Diego Torres wrote: >On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 09:34:01AM -0500, hzu...@ra... wrote: > > > >>>that's great :) but it's also a dangerous thing. are you sure that it >>>compiles without problems? mainly, the i2c patches (lmsensor stuff) and >>>the alsa modules are very closely related to the kernel version. >>> >>> >>i2c and lmsensors works, I couldn't try the alsa stuff. That will be you're >>problem. ;-) >> >> > >it's fair :) i'll check it, but come on and commit! :) > I just came back and I'm still waiting for my luggage to arrive. :-(( I have another test compile running, so far everything except of pcmcia-cs works. I reported the problem to the pcmcia-cs folks, let's see when they fix it. >>There were a lot of updates for alsa lately, I'm pretty sure one of them >>was for 2.4.23. >> >> > >they're going to release alsa 1.0. surely it'll be 2.4.23 enabled :) > > > >>>did you check for rejection files on the resulting compilation? >>> >>> >>Nope. If it doesn't fail, I don't check it. ;-) >> >> > >ops, extra care should be used when patching so many things... i want to test everything just now :) > > You wanna be our quality management department ? 8oO Heiko |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-14 17:16:17
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > Diego Torres wrote: > >> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 09:34:01AM -0500, hzu...@ra... >> wrote: >> >> >> >>>> that's great :) but it's also a dangerous thing. are you sure that it >>>> compiles without problems? mainly, the i2c patches (lmsensor stuff) >>>> and >>>> the alsa modules are very closely related to the kernel version. >>>> >>> >>> i2c and lmsensors works, I couldn't try the alsa stuff. That will be >>> you're >>> problem. ;-) >>> >> >> >> it's fair :) i'll check it, but come on and commit! :) >> > I just came back and I'm still waiting for my luggage to arrive. :-(( > I have another test compile running, so far everything except of > pcmcia-cs works. I reported the problem to the pcmcia-cs folks, let's > see when they fix it. > Looks like the new lm_sensors doesn't work either, we have to wait for the next release. I have to add the menuconfig stuff for lm_sensors first, before I upload my changes. This happens earliest tonight..... cu Heiko |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2003-12-14 18:10:08
|
On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 12:14:47PM -0500, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > Looks like the new lm_sensors doesn't work either, we have to wait for > the next release. Are you sure? There is and installation guide here (http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/devel/i2c/) that has all the keys. From the lmsensor project: November 26th, 2003 Linux 2.4.23 patch available! Our installation guide (mirrored here) has been updated and a 2.4.23 kernel patch is now available, based on i2c 2.8.1 (plus a few fixes). As for previous patches, testers are welcome. Please report successes and problems to the mailing-list. -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / España |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-12-14 22:06:33
|
Diego Torres wrote: >On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 12:14:47PM -0500, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > > >>Looks like the new lm_sensors doesn't work either, we have to wait for >>the next release. >> >> > >Are you sure? There is and installation guide here (http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/devel/i2c/) that has all the keys. > Yes I'm sure. It worked with 2.8.1 but not with 2.8.2. I even checked the script to make sure it's ok. > >>From the lmsensor project: > >November 26th, 2003 Linux 2.4.23 patch available! Our installation guide (mirrored here) has been updated and a 2.4.23 kernel patch is now available, based on i2c 2.8.1 (plus a few fixes). As for previous patches, testers are welcome. Please report successes and problems to the mailing-list. > > Yeah so far I had no time to send an email, probably later. Heiko |