> > BTW, the last time I tried setting the number of parallel build jobs to
> > something greater than one (I set it to two), it aborted compiling while
> > bash. I changed it back to one and it compiled fine. FWIW ...
>
> I enabled it for a bunch of packages and currently have a test compile
> running with distcc and -j4.
>
> Some programs have problems with parallel builds (buggy Makefile), then
> we just have to disable it. In such a case it's probably best to write a
> comment above the "make ...." line, so nobody enables it again.
OK, I'll try it again (sometime soon). If anything aborts, I'll remove
the $PMAKE and place a comment in the script.
> > That was a few weeks ago, so maybe it works now. I'll try it again
> > sometime since I now have a hyperthreaded P4 at home. :-)
>
> You got too much money. ;-)
Yeah, I've got so much money, I can't count it all! ;-)
- BS
|