Bruce Smith wrote:
>>>>where should we place the clamav virus signatures?
>>>
>>>Where is the default location for them?
>>
>>/usr/share/clamav
>>But you can easily set this in the config file.
>>
>>
>>>>The virus dbs could get to big to fit in /etc (for the floppy save), but
>>>>somewhere else it would always be outdated when a system boots.
>>>
>>>How big are they now?
>>
>>linux:/lfssystem/data # l virus*
>>-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 140816 Sep 2 19:26 viruses.db
>>-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 32940 Sep 2 19:26 viruses.db2
>>
>>
>>>>We could add an init script, which fetches the newest files if the user
>>>>wants to.
>>>
>>>That sounds good.
>>>
>>>
>>>>I personally would place the signatures somewhere under /var.
>>>
>>>Isn't /etc/ & /var/ our only choices for directories not on the CD?
>>
>>Actually yes.
>
>
> They seem to me to be more of a data file (than a config file - /etc)
> so, I'd put them in /var.
agreed
> A script, or cron job, that grabs the new sigs would be a good idea too.
>
> My current virus scanner (RAV) on my employer's mail gateway comes
> with a cron job that checks for, and downloads, new sigs ever hour.
I intend to provide the same.
I have postfix + sagator + spamassassin + clamav running, it works just
fine. The only thing I need are the virus sig updates.
cya
Heiko
|