> > In the initrdtree, I recommend we remove these three files and possibly
> > delete them from CVS too:
> >
> > patch_system - only called from "software".
>
> Please don't remove this from the CVS as I'm heavily using the
> patch-ability of DL since released 0.5.
>
> See the available patches for 0.5 at
> ftp://ftp.fl.priv.at/pub/devil-linux/0.5/patch/base
While I also like the idea of a patch system, it will have to be
completely rewritten for the new version.
That's if it's even possible to have a patch system on the new release,
since all the binaries are on CD now ...
In any case, I think the old patch script can go away for now.
If anyone has any ideas of how to make a new patch system work, please
share. Given some basic guidelines I might be able to write something.
> Greetings from Sweden.
Hey, long time! How's it going?
- BS
|