A couple of things:
o lscpi should use /usr/share/pci.ids by default (according to the man
page). Therefore, these two commands should be identical (according to the
man page): "lscpi" and "lscpi -f /usr/share/pci.ids". However, they are
not - the first command fails to use the /usr/share/pci.ids file and
translate the numeric information.
o Shutdown is still not powering off the computer. I'll take a look at this
later today to see if RedHat has anything special in their shutdown
procedures to actually power off the machine. I am pretty sure that this
machine used to power off when I used RedHat.
Oh, a quick check of the i8253 errors that I am seeing proved to be very
interesting. It is a bug - but people are not sure where (buggy chip, buggy
driver, etc.) However, what amuses me is that the i8253 is a PCMCIA chip -
and I don't have PCMCIA on my machine!
Dean Nedelman
TimeLord Consulting
|