> >>>Since the "/etc/sysconfig/software" file is obsolete now, and is no
> >>>longer needed in "make dist", I suggest we remove "software" and replace
> >>>it with the ".config" file used to build the ISO. Not to mention there
> >>>have been numerous requests for the ".config" file. (some by me! :)
> >>>
> >>Agreed
> >>I think it's best to provide our .config and the Kernel one.
> >
> >Sounds good. Do you want me to do it, or are you going to?
> >(or have you already done it?)
>
> You can do it.
> I most likely won't have any time before next week and it was your idea
> and I'm lazy.
All done. The two new filenames start with "DL-*":
------------------------------------------------------------
root:/data/build# ls -l dist/devil-linux-0.6Beta1-2003-08-29-i586
total 277644
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Aug 29 11:59 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Aug 29 12:00 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2151 Aug 29 11:58 DL-build-config
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 29883 Aug 29 11:58 DL-kernel-config
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 283508736 Aug 29 11:59 bootcd.iso
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Aug 29 11:59 docs
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 460709 Aug 29 11:59 etc.tar.bz2
------------------------------------------------------------
I also added a check for an environment variable named "$DLDEVELOPER".
If it's set, the script appends a "-$DLDEVELOPER" to the end of the
filenames created for upload to the ftp site. That way I can add this
in in my lfssystem /root/.bash_profile file:
export DLDEVELOPER="bs"
And the filenames are created as follows:
------------------------------------------------------------
root:/data/build# make dist
compressing files
done
root:/data/build# ll dist/
total 90420
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Aug 29 12:00 .
drwxr-xr-x 10 root root 4096 Aug 29 11:59 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 43981 Aug 29 12:00 CHANGES-devil-linux-0.6Beta1-2003-08-29-i586-bs
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Aug 29 11:59 devil-linux-0.6Beta1-2003-08-29-i586
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 92431788 Aug 29 12:00 devil-linux-0.6Beta1-2003-08-29-i586-bs.tar.bz2
------------------------------------------------------------
Friedrich may find this useful too. And for Heiko, leaving
$DLDEVELOPER unset creates the original filenames (and no extra dash).
- BS
|