|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-07-28 22:50:47
|
While you're changing linuxrc, I wonder if it'd be a good idea to recreate /etc/Devil-release & /etc/issue & /etc/issue.net _after_ /etc is untar'ed from media? Otherwise they are wrong after updating to a new CD and using an old floppy. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-07-28 23:10:24
|
Bruce Smith wrote: > While you're changing linuxrc, I wonder if it'd be a good idea to > recreate /etc/Devil-release & /etc/issue & /etc/issue.net _after_ /etc > is untar'ed from media? > > Otherwise they are wrong after updating to a new CD and using an old > floppy. > Good idea ! Go ahead and do it. Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-07-29 13:08:20
|
OK, I see there is another new update to scripts/e2fsprogs
I updated that script only, ran ./build.sh build opt=e2fsprogs
And now I get a different error when running make install: :-)
test -d doc && cd doc && make install-doc-libs
make[2]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/e2fsprogs-1.33/doc'
/bin/rm -rf /data/build/tmp/tmp/info/libext2fs.info*
../mkinstalldirs /data/build/tmp/tmp/info
mkdir /data/build/tmp/tmp/info
for i in libext2fs.info* ; do \
/bin/install -c -m 644 $i /data/build/tmp/tmp/info/$i ; \
done
gzip -9 /data/build/tmp/tmp/info/libext2fs.info*
make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/e2fsprogs-1.33/doc'
if test ! -d e2fsck -a ! -d debugfs -a ! -d misc -a ! -d ext2ed ; then
make install-libs ; fi
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/e2fsprogs-1.33'
cp: cannot create hard link `/data/build/tmp/ISO/cdtree/sbin/findfs' to
`/data/build/tmp/ISO/cdtree/sbin/e2label': File exists
ERROR
/data/build/scripts/e2fsprogs install failed
make: *** [install] Error 1
|
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-07-29 16:59:50
|
> > While you're changing linuxrc, I wonder if it'd be a good idea to > > recreate /etc/Devil-release & /etc/issue & /etc/issue.net _after_ /etc > > is untar'ed from media? > > Good idea ! Go ahead and do it. I would, if I could ever build an ISO again! And this time I updated from CVS and updated source (and it even worked this time - I think :) This is after a make mrproper : make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/e2fsprogs-1.33/lib/blkid' test -d doc && cd doc && make install-doc-libs make[2]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/e2fsprogs-1.33/doc' /bin/rm -rf /data/build/tmp/tmp/info/libext2fs.info* ../mkinstalldirs /data/build/tmp/tmp/info mkdir /data/build/tmp/tmp/info for i in libext2fs.info* ; do \ /bin/install -c -m 644 $i /data/build/tmp/tmp/info/$i ; \ done gzip -9 /data/build/tmp/tmp/info/libext2fs.info* make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/e2fsprogs-1.33/doc' if test ! -d e2fsck -a ! -d debugfs -a ! -d misc -a ! -d ext2ed ; then make install-libs ; fi make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/e2fsprogs-1.33' cp: cannot stat `/data/build/tmp/tmp/sbin/mke2fs-static': No such file or directory ERROR /data/build/scripts/e2fsprogs install failed make: *** [install] Error 1 |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-07-30 14:54:44
|
> > While you're changing linuxrc, I wonder if it'd be a good idea to > > recreate /etc/Devil-release & /etc/issue & /etc/issue.net _after_ /etc > > is untar'ed from media? > > > > Otherwise they are wrong after updating to a new CD and using an old > > floppy. > > Good idea ! Go ahead and do it. While you're rewriting the script, feel free to include that change. :-) Or I can look at it when I get back ... - BS |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-08-14 17:43:16
|
> > While you're changing linuxrc, I wonder if it'd be a good idea to > > recreate /etc/Devil-release & /etc/issue & /etc/issue.net _after_ /etc > > is untar'ed from media? > > > > Otherwise they are wrong after updating to a new CD and using an old > > floppy. > > Good idea ! Go ahead and do it. Done. I also added a warning message and a 60 second pause if the release numbers are different, recommending that the media be upgraded. (if you don't like it, feel free to nuke it) I also fixed USB support which was totally hosed in the latest DL: First linuxrc couldn't mount the USB device, and I had to do a fake mount (-f) to get the usb-storage driver loaded before the real mount. Then pre_init couldn't mount the USB device with "-t auto" for some reason (weird), so I put it in a "for" loop trying all the valid filesystem types. Both USB problems were verified on VMware 4, and a real PC. (and now fixed! :) I also fixed the mount_cdrom script (when it fails and reboots), because the "let" command doesn't seem to be supported in ash. Also, the new busybox "reboot" doesn't work, so I let it crash. Hope you're having/had a great vacation! :-) - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-08-18 22:55:33
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>While you're changing linuxrc, I wonder if it'd be a good idea to >>>recreate /etc/Devil-release & /etc/issue & /etc/issue.net _after_ /etc >>>is untar'ed from media? >>> >>>Otherwise they are wrong after updating to a new CD and using an old >>>floppy. >> >>Good idea ! Go ahead and do it. > > > Done. > > I also added a warning message and a 60 second pause if the release > numbers are different, recommending that the media be upgraded. > (if you don't like it, feel free to nuke it) > > I also fixed USB support which was totally hosed in the latest DL: > > First linuxrc couldn't mount the USB device, and I had to do a fake > mount (-f) to get the usb-storage driver loaded before the real mount. > > Then pre_init couldn't mount the USB device with "-t auto" for some > reason (weird), so I put it in a "for" loop trying all the valid > filesystem types. > > Both USB problems were verified on VMware 4, and a real PC. > (and now fixed! :) > > I also fixed the mount_cdrom script (when it fails and reboots), > because the "let" command doesn't seem to be supported in ash. > Also, the new busybox "reboot" doesn't work, so I let it crash. Good. When my computer is re-installed I'll try it out. > Hope you're having/had a great vacation! :-) Yeah the vacation was good, I got some nice scuba diving done. cya Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-08-19 00:06:01
|
> > Hope you're having/had a great vacation! :-) > > Yeah the vacation was good, I got some nice scuba diving done. Glad to hear it! BTW, I uploaded a basic firewall script for 3 network cards today. It's untested, and I'd appreciate it if others would take a look. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-08-19 00:20:31
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > Bruce Smith wrote: >> Then pre_init couldn't mount the USB device with "-t auto" for some >> reason (weird), so I put it in a "for" loop trying all the valid >> filesystem types. You were checking for a var.tar.bz2 on the config media, I removed that. cya Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-08-19 00:30:28
|
> >> Then pre_init couldn't mount the USB device with "-t auto" for some > >> reason (weird), so I put it in a "for" loop trying all the valid > >> filesystem types. > > You were checking for a var.tar.bz2 on the config media, I removed that. I thought it was needed now? - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-08-19 01:30:31
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>>Then pre_init couldn't mount the USB device with "-t auto" for some >>>>reason (weird), so I put it in a "for" loop trying all the valid >>>>filesystem types. >> >>You were checking for a var.tar.bz2 on the config media, I removed that. > > > I thought it was needed now? Yes we do, but var.tar.bz2 resides on the CD. We only need it to create an initial var directory (with content). cya Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-08-19 01:39:37
|
> >>You were checking for a var.tar.bz2 on the config media, I removed that. > > > > I thought it was needed now? > > Yes we do, but var.tar.bz2 resides on the CD. > We only need it to create an initial var directory (with content). They why does save-config save it to media? - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-08-19 01:50:29
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>>You were checking for a var.tar.bz2 on the config media, I removed that. >>> >>>I thought it was needed now? >> >>Yes we do, but var.tar.bz2 resides on the CD. >>We only need it to create an initial var directory (with content). > > > They why does save-config save it to media? I does not. ;-) cya Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-08-19 02:10:29
|
> >>>>You were checking for a var.tar.bz2 on the config media, I removed that. > >>> > >>>I thought it was needed now? > >> > >>Yes we do, but var.tar.bz2 resides on the CD. > >>We only need it to create an initial var directory (with content). > > > > They why does save-config save it to media? > > I does not. ;-) Then how did it get on my USB memory stick ... ? Better double check linuxrc. I bet I copy it to media! :-) - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-08-19 16:57:40
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>>>>You were checking for a var.tar.bz2 on the config media, I removed that. >>>>> >>>>>I thought it was needed now? >>>> >>>>Yes we do, but var.tar.bz2 resides on the CD. >>>>We only need it to create an initial var directory (with content). >>> >>>They why does save-config save it to media? >> >>I does not. ;-) > > > Then how did it get on my USB memory stick ... ? > > Better double check linuxrc. I bet I copy it to media! :-) Yes you did, it's fixed in CVS. cya Heiko |