Heiko Zuerker wrote:
>Dean Nedelman wrote:
>> (From the 7/17 snapshot...)
>
>Freakin' snapshot...
>Please suspend all testing with this version, I'll release soon another
>testing version which should work better.
>
When you get the new one out, I'll go ahead and download it. Right now,
with the exception of these errors and the shutdown error (which you have
already acknowledged and Bruce has indicated is fixed in the CVS) - it is
working for me.
>> 95% of the time, when I boot I get the following errors while it is
trying
>> to create my Postfix chroot jail - though I do not believe it is Postfix
>> related. The errors (and the few lines before and after it) are:
>>
>> Starting hotplug modules
>> ** can't synthesize pci hotplug events
>> creating chroot jail for POSTFIX.grsec: attempted resource overstep by
>> requesting 4096 for RLIMIT_CORE against limit 0 by (basename:1131) UID(0)
>> EUID(0), parent (usb.agent:1061) UID(0) EUID(0)
>> grsec: attempted resource overstep by requesting 4096 for RLIMIT_CORE
>> against limit 0 by (logger:1132) UID(0) EUID(0), parent (usb.agent:1061)
>> UID(0) EUID(0)
>> ...................... [OK]
>> Starting Postfix: [OK]
>> Setting GRSecurity parameters: [OK]
>>
>>
>>
>> So, the problem appears to be USB related. I have not modified any
>> GRSecurity settings.
>
>I don't get this messages. Do you have any USB devices connected? Which
>ones?
I have no USB devices attached (though the way things are going I am
considering getting some flash devices to store devil-linux on the next time
I am working). If it means anything, my USB controller shows up as
"usb-uhci". (I know that there are 3 different types of usb controllers
under Linux 2.4. [This gets reduced to a single common code in 2.6])
I also see in my syslog from around that time the message: usb.agent: ... no
modules for USB product 0/0/0
Dean
|