> >>I just checked in the first part of "configuration on USB device".
> >>You can now store your etc.tar.bz2 + patches on the root of a FAT
> >>formatted USB device.
> >
> > Great timing! The USB memory stick I ordered just arrived today! :-)
>
> I don't know when I try to put a entire DL on a USB stick. With a bit
> luck I try it this weekend.
I'll be happy to just have the config on USB stick.
But I bought one little stick for the config, and one big stick for the
whole thing. I can do both. :-)
> >>NOTE: save-config doesn't support it yet, you have to do it by hand.
> >
> > How is the script going to know if it should save to floppy or USB?
>
> I didn't decide this yet, so far I probably go this road:
> check for floppy, if not present check for USB memory device.
I would recommend checking for USB first. Most computers have a floppy
drive, and it will waste too much time to grind the floppy before
looking for the USB device.
Also, you can probably test if a USB stick exists in /proc somehow.
> if etc.tar.bz2 found, save
> otherwise offer to create new config, but list all available config
> storage devices and make user select one
An optional parameter on save-config so we can specify, would be good.
- BS
|