|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-04-28 12:57:12
|
I have the development system downloaded and installed. I did a "make menuconfig" and selected a few options, then I ran into this problem (help!): pc1h:/root# cr ****************************** ** ** ** Devil-Linux Build System ** ** ** ****************************** Setting up timezone data to EST ... done. Changing to /build Type "make<ENTER>" to see possible options Have fun... root:/build# make build executing prepare with option build ERROR /usr/include/asm found and is a directory please remove or rename it ERROR /build/scripts/prepare build failed make: *** [build] Error 1 root:/build# |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-04-28 13:40:27
|
Bruce, Bruce Smith wrote: > I have the development system downloaded and installed. > I did a "make menuconfig" and selected a few options, > then I ran into this problem (help!): > > executing prepare with option build > ERROR > /usr/include/asm found and is a directory > please remove or rename it > ERROR > /build/scripts/prepare build failed > make: *** [build] Error 1 > root:/build# Before you can run the first build, you need to execute a "make unpack". This command unpacks all the source files in the directory build/tmp . -- Regards Heiko We are Penguin, resistance is futile! http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-04-28 15:35:39
|
> > I have the development system downloaded and installed. > > I did a "make menuconfig" and selected a few options, > > then I ran into this problem (help!): > > > > executing prepare with option build > > ERROR > > /usr/include/asm found and is a directory > > please remove or rename it > > ERROR > > /build/scripts/prepare build failed > > make: *** [build] Error 1 > > root:/build# > > Before you can run the first build, you need to execute a "make unpack". > This command unpacks all the source files in the directory build/tmp . Missed that one, thanks! Do I need to run that after every time I update my local copy via CVS? Or a better question is what do I need to run inbetween builds, and if it's different different commands after I update CVS? Thanks, Bruce. |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-04-28 15:50:22
|
Bruce Smith wrote: > Missed that one, thanks! No problem! > Do I need to run that after every time I update my local copy via CVS? > Or a better question is what do I need to run inbetween builds, and if > it's different different commands after I update CVS? You only need to execute it, when you updated the source files (executed build/update_src ) or when you want to start a clean build. It's always better to do a "make mrproper unpack" when you updated the sources and the scripts from CVS. The only problem is that a full compile (after "mrproper") takes a couple of hours to finish. -- Regards Heiko We are Penguin, resistance is futile! http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-04-28 15:55:35
|
> > Missed that one, thanks! > No problem! I spoke too soon. :-( This is after the "make unpack": pc1h:/root# cr ****************************** ** ** ** Devil-Linux Build System ** ** ** ****************************** Setting up timezone data to EST ... done. Changing to /build Type "make<ENTER>" to see possible options Have fun... root:/build# make build executing prepare with option build ERROR /usr/include/asm found and is a directory please remove or rename it ERROR /build/scripts/prepare build failed make: *** [build] Error 1 root:/build# root:/build# ls tmp DB_File-1.806 ipac-ng-1.25 pd-cvs-1.10.8-PD2 LVM iproute2 perl-5.8.0 Libnet-1.0.2a iptables-1.2.7a pfixtls-0.8.13-2.0.6-0.9.7a MOSIX-1.9.0 iptraf-2.7.0 pkgconfig-0.15.0 MOSKRN-1.9.0 iputils-20020124 popt-1.6.4 NAT-Traversal-0.5 j2re1.4.1_02 portslave-2002.01.19 Python-2.2.2 jfsutils-1.1.2 postfix-2.0.6 acl-2.2.4 jftpgw-0.13.4 postgresql-7.3.2 arpwatch-2.1a11 joe-2.9.7 ppp-2.4.1 attr-2.2.0 kernel-patches pppoe-patch4 beep-1.2.1 killproc-2.03 pptp-linux-1.1.0 bind-9.2.2 krb5-1.2.7 pptp-patches-20011019 binutils-2.13.2 krb5-1.2.8 pptpd-1.1.2 bridge-utils less-381 procinfo-18 busybox-0.60.2 lftp-2.6.5 procps-3.1.8 bzip2-1.0.2 libgcrypt-1.1.12 psmisc-21.2 cdrtools-2.0 libmcrypt-2.5.4 python-ldap-20011022 chpax libol-0.3.9 qadsl-final-1.2 compartment libpcap-0.7.2 raidtools-20010914 cpio-2.5 libstdc++-compat rcs-5.7 cpqarrayd-1.3 libusb-0.1.7 readline-4.2a cron-3.0.1-suse lilo-22.4.1 reiserfsprogs-3.6.4 cvs-1.11.5 linux-2.4.20 rp-pppoe-3.5 cyrus-imapd-2.1.12 linux-wlan-ng-0.1.16-pre8 rpm-4.0.4 cyrus-sasl-2.1.13 linux-wlan-ng-0.2.0 rrlogind-1.3.3 daemontools-0.76 linuxthreads samba-2.2.8a db-4.1.25 linuxthreads_db sg3_utils-1.03 ddt-0.5.8 loadlin16 sh-utils-2.0 ddup-3.0.1 logrotate-3.5.9 shadow-4.0.3 dhcp-3.0.1rc11 lsof_4.66_src showconsole-1.01 dhcpcd-1.3.22-pl4 lynx2-8-4 snort-2.0.0 diffutils-2.8.1 lzo-1.08 squid-2.5.STABLE2 distcc-2.0.1 makedepend strace-4.4 djbdns-1.05 man-1.5l stunnel-4.04 dovecot-0.99.8.1 man-pages-1.56 sysklogd-1.4.1 e100-2.1.29 mc-4.6.0 syslinux-2.04 e1000-4.4.19 mcrypt-2.6.3 syslog-ng-1.5.26 e2fsprogs-1.32 mdadm-1.2.0 syslog-ng-1.6.0rc2 ethtool-1.7 mgetty-1.1.30 sysstat-4.0.7 ez-ipupdate-3.0.10 mhash-0.8.17 sysvinit-2.84 fam-2.6.10 modutils-2.4.23 tar-1.13.25 fetchmail-6.2.2 mtools-3.9.9 tcpdump-3.7.2 fileutils-4.1 mysql-3.23.56 textutils-2.1 findutils-4.1 nail-10.4 thttpd-2.23beta1 freeramdisk nano-1.2.0 traceroute-1.4a12 freeswan-1.99 nano-1.2.1 ucd-snmp-4.2.6 fwlogwatch-0.9.2 nasm-0.98.34 ucspi-tcp-0.88 gawk-3.1.1 ncurses-5.3 usbutils-0.11 gcc-3.2.2 net-tools-1.60 util-linux-2.11z gcc-3.2.3 netacct-mysql-0.75 vim61 gdbm-1.8.3 netkit-base-0.17 vlan glib-2.2.1 noip_updater_linux_v1.4 vtun-2.5 glibc-2.3.1 ntp-4.1.72 watchdog-5.2.3.orig gmp-4.1.2 oidentd-2.0.5 wget-1.8.2 gnupg-1.2.1 openldap-1.2.13 which-2.14 gradm openssh-3.6.1p1 whois-4.5.28 grep-2.5 openssl-0.9.6j wireless_tools.25 groff-1.18.1 openvpn-1.3.2 wvdial gzip-1.2.4a opt-3.18 wvstreams hdparm-5.3 passwdgen-2.2 x509patch-0.9.15-freeswan-1.99 hostap patch-o-matic-20030107 xfsprogs-2.3.9 hotplug-2002_08_26 pciutils-2.1.11 xinetd-2.3.11 iANS-2.0.12 pcmcia-cs-3.2.4 zebra-0.93a insserv-0.8 pcwd-1.42 zlib-1.1.4 root:/build# |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-04-28 16:10:19
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>Missed that one, thanks! >> >>No problem! > > > I spoke too soon. :-( > This is after the "make unpack": > > > pc1h:/root# cr > ****************************** > ** ** > ** Devil-Linux Build System ** > ** ** > ****************************** > > Setting up timezone data to EST ... done. > > Changing to /build > Type "make<ENTER>" to see possible options > > Have fun... > root:/build# make build > > executing prepare with option build > ERROR > /usr/include/asm found and is a directory > please remove or rename it > ERROR > /build/scripts/prepare build failed > make: *** [build] Error 1 > root:/build# That is ok, just do what the script tells you: !!! INSIDE the Chroot !!! rm -rf /usr/include/asm !!! INSIDE the Chroot !!! I'm wondering, do you use this lfssystem : ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/pub/devel/sources/lfs_for_DL_0.6/lfssystem-cvs-20030127-i486-stripped.tar.bz2 -- Regards Heiko We are Penguin, resistance is futile! http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-04-28 17:10:23
|
> That is ok, just do what the script tells you: > !!! INSIDE the Chroot !!! > rm -rf /usr/include/asm > !!! INSIDE the Chroot !!! > > I'm wondering, do you use this lfssystem : > ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/pub/devel/sources/lfs_for_DL_0.6/lfssystem-cvs-20030127-i486-stripped.tar.bz2 No, I'm using the one linked from the "new" documentation web page: ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/pub/devel/sources/lfssystem-3.1/lfssystem-3.1-i486.tar.bz2 Should I change? It's easy to start over since I haven't gotten very far. Thanks, Bruce. |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-04-28 18:10:19
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>That is ok, just do what the script tells you: >>!!! INSIDE the Chroot !!! >>rm -rf /usr/include/asm >>!!! INSIDE the Chroot !!! >> >>I'm wondering, do you use this lfssystem : >>ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/pub/devel/sources/lfs_for_DL_0.6/lfssystem-cvs-20030127-i486-stripped.tar.bz2 >> > > No, I'm using the one linked from the "new" documentation web page: > > ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/pub/devel/sources/lfssystem-3.1/lfssystem-3.1-i486.tar.bz2 > > Should I change? > It's easy to start over since I haven't gotten very far. Yes please use the new one. I think I should write a comment on the documentation Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-04-29 01:30:46
|
> >>I'm wondering, do you use this lfssystem : > >>ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/pub/devel/sources/lfs_for_DL_0.6/lfssystem-cvs-20030127-i486-stripped.tar.bz2 > > > > No, I'm using the one linked from the "new" documentation web page: > > > > ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/pub/devel/sources/lfssystem-3.1/lfssystem-3.1-i486.tar.bz2 > > > > Should I change? > > It's easy to start over since I haven't gotten very far. > > Yes please use the new one. > I think I should write a comment on the documentation OK, I have the new LFS installed. One thing I noticed with both versions of LFS, in /root/.bash_profile of the chroot it has the lines: echo Changing to /data/build cd /data/build and /data/build doesn't exist. Should I change "/data/build" to "/build" ? Thanks, Bruce. |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-04-29 02:00:21
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>>I'm wondering, do you use this lfssystem : >>>>ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/pub/devel/sources/lfs_for_DL_0.6/lfssystem-cvs-20030127-i486-stripped.tar.bz2 >>>> >>>No, I'm using the one linked from the "new" documentation web page: >>> >>>ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/pub/devel/sources/lfssystem-3.1/lfssystem-3.1-i486.tar.bz2 >>> >>>Should I change? >>>It's easy to start over since I haven't gotten very far. >>> >>Yes please use the new one. >>I think I should write a comment on the documentation >> > > OK, I have the new LFS installed. > > One thing I noticed with both versions of LFS, > in /root/.bash_profile of the chroot it has the lines: > > echo Changing to /data/build > cd /data/build > > and /data/build doesn't exist. > Should I change "/data/build" to "/build" ? That's your own preference. We (Friedl & I) have the "build" directory within the /data directory. For your own convenience I would move it to /data/build , all later LFSSystems will have the same structure. Everything else working so far? Regards Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-04-29 12:20:46
|
> >>>>I'm wondering, do you use this lfssystem : > >>>>ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/pub/devel/sources/lfs_for_DL_0.6/lfssystem-cvs-20030127-i486-stripped.tar.bz2 > >>>> > >>>No, I'm using the one linked from the "new" documentation web page: > >>> > >>>ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/pub/devel/sources/lfssystem-3.1/lfssystem-3.1-i486.tar.bz2 > >>> > >>>Should I change? > >>>It's easy to start over since I haven't gotten very far. > >>> > >>Yes please use the new one. > >>I think I should write a comment on the documentation > > > > OK, I have the new LFS installed. > > > > One thing I noticed with both versions of LFS, > > in /root/.bash_profile of the chroot it has the lines: > > > > echo Changing to /data/build > > cd /data/build > > > > and /data/build doesn't exist. > > Should I change "/data/build" to "/build" ? > > That's your own preference. > We (Friedl & I) have the "build" directory within the /data directory. > For your own convenience I would move it to /data/build , all later > LFSSystems will have the same structure. > > Everything else working so far? I haven't tried a build yet. I was still downloading the source code last night when I went to bed. In hindsight, I should have kept the source code from my old lfssystem, but in my "starting over" mindset, I did a rm -fr on my lfssystem dir. I'll let you know how it goes ... Thanks, Bruce. |