|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-04-21 22:04:52
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >> MY_DOCDIR needs to be $CDDIR/usr/share/doc/hostap >> So documentation is always available on the CD and, even more >> important, the documentation doesn't waste space on our ramdisk. > > > Thanks, I wasn't sure, buit that's why I CC'd you ;-) > > While you are at it I suggest you define a variable BINDIR and SBINDIR > so everybody can make use of them. > I didn't do the change yet, I'm working on some other stuff. Defining BINDIR and SBINDIR makes no sense outside of the specific build script, because they're package specific. Let's continue this discussion on the mailinglist, there's too much talk about things which could interest others. Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2003-04-21 22:16:19
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > I didn't do the change yet, I'm working on some other stuff. > Defining BINDIR and SBINDIR makes no sense outside of the specific build > script, because they're package specific. I mean that we could pre-define them, so most packages would just copy their executables to $BINDIR or $SBINDIR and their documentation to $DOCDIR. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-04-21 22:44:54
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote:
> Heiko Zuerker wrote:
>
>> I didn't do the change yet, I'm working on some other stuff.
>> Defining BINDIR and SBINDIR makes no sense outside of the specific
>> build script, because they're package specific
>
> I mean that we could pre-define them, so most packages would just
> copy their executables to $BINDIR or $SBINDIR and their documentation
> to $DOCDIR.
What is the English word for "Denkfehler" ? Damned! Whatever..
You have a "Denkfehler" Friedl:
$BINDIR/$SBINDIR are different for every package, e.g.:
$PACKAGEDIR/openssh/usr/bin
$PACKAGEDIR/bind/usr/bin
$PACKAGEDIR/somethingelse/bin
$PACKAGEDIR/<Package Name>/usr/bin
$DOCDIR is a static path, which is the same for all packages.
Or am I now totally wrong? I didn't have a beer yet, so it could be. ;-)
cya
Heiko
|
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2003-04-21 23:26:48
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > What is the English word for "Denkfehler" ? Damned! Whatever.. See http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/ > > You have a "Denkfehler" Friedl: We'll see ;-) > > $BINDIR/$SBINDIR are different for every package, e.g.: > > $PACKAGEDIR/openssh/usr/bin > $PACKAGEDIR/bind/usr/bin > $PACKAGEDIR/somethingelse/bin > $PACKAGEDIR/<Package Name>/usr/bin Exactely what I'm talking about, maybe I was not precise enough. Every time we call a build script we can set BINDIR = PACKAGEDIR/<Package Name>/usr/bin and SBINDIR = PACKAGEDIR/<Package Name>/usr/sbin before calling this script. As every build script includes the settings file this logic would fit best there. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-04-22 00:01:33
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote >> What is the English word for "Denkfehler" ? Damned! Whatever. > > See http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/ The translation sucks! ;-) >> You have a "Denkfehler" Friedl: > > We'll see ;-) > >> >> $BINDIR/$SBINDIR are different for every package, e.g.: >> >> $PACKAGEDIR/openssh/usr/bin >> $PACKAGEDIR/bind/usr/bin >> $PACKAGEDIR/somethingelse/bin >> $PACKAGEDIR/<Package Name>/usr/bin > > > Exactely what I'm talking about, maybe I was not precise enough. > Every time we call a build script we can set > BINDIR = PACKAGEDIR/<Package Name>/usr/bin and > SBINDIR = PACKAGEDIR/<Package Name>/usr/sbin > before calling this script. As every build script includes > the settings file this logic would fit best there. > Aaaah, now it's clear.;-) I'm not sure if it makes much sense, depending on the package the binaries are in different directories (e.g. /bin or /usr/bin) and then it would just cause confusion. Do others have an opinion about this? cya Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2003-04-22 00:24:49
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: >> >> Exactely what I'm talking about, maybe I was not precise enough. >> Every time we call a build script we can set >> BINDIR = PACKAGEDIR/<Package Name>/usr/bin and >> SBINDIR = PACKAGEDIR/<Package Name>/usr/sbin >> before calling this script. As every build script includes >> the settings file this logic would fit best there. >> > > Aaaah, now it's clear.;-) > I'm not sure if it makes much sense, depending on the package the > binaries are in different directories (e.g. /bin or /usr/bin) and then > it would just cause confusion. > > Do others have an opinion about this? Hmmmm...why was I thinking that /bin and /usr/bin are the same anyways? Maybe I mixed it up with the intial ramdisk. PS: Changed subject because we are already off the orginal topic. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |