Bruce Smith wrote:
> Thanks!!! Newbie developer questions follows:
> ...
> Or, is the point to save time while developing? Do you select _ONLY_
> the item you're currently working on to save compile time? Is anything
> else REQUIRED to be selected? After all the individual are working then
> you turn everything on for the final ISO image?
When developing I usually do select just a basic selection. Then I run
make mrproper build install
After that I add the package I'm working on an then I test this by running
cd scripts
./build.sh build opt=mypackage
This way you can check that your stuff compiles. After that run
./build.sh install opt=mypackage
Now
make iso (optinaly followed by a "make dist")
should give you a trial version with the just added software.
> Also, what do you run BETWEEN "make build install iso dist" commands?
Usually just the above mentioned commands.
> Do you have to run a "make mrproper" or something between every test?
This is only needed if things look really strange and you want to start
from the very beginning.
PS: Please subscribe to the devolper mailinglist and we'll continue this
track there.
--
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock
____________________________________________________________________
Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock
URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl...
____________________________________________________________________
|